Close
One second...

Write 5 Things You'd Change to Make Threadless Better

About the site, or Threadless in general -- write 5 things that you would change that would make Threadless a better company or community.

Here's mine.

1 -- Bring back the "Golden Tag"
Extremely rarely, a shirt is sent out that has been printed with a Golden Tag inside the collar. Owners of this shirt win 1 of each new shirt printed henceforth for an entire year -- all free of course.

2 -- Bring back design thumbnails
(or equivalent) So users can better share their designs in image form.

3 -- Make scoring simple again
I don't know what's going on with the new site and scoring, but I can't even begin to list the ways it messes up. The major offenders; not registering a score, not changing designs after score, and not registering comments (the blogs sometimes do this too). Bring back the old system -- or fix the current one.

4 -- More random goodness in shipments
Hand written thank yous with extra pins and sticker bonuses in your order makes the customer feel more appreciated. Generic thank yous issued to everyone is the lame sauce. Why? For the hell of it and it being awesome. That's why.

5 -- More community influence.
There's lots of chat options out there -- it shouldn't be overly difficult to host a community-based meeting for feedback say... once a month? Discuss upcoming events, the path the company is going, and get reaction/concerns/feedback from the designers and customers.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
Manupix

^hehe

Ok there used to be a 'staff' section of the blogs, seems it's now called 'news' since that's what shows up on staff threads.

Well the link http://www.threadless.com/forum/news is dead. Can't find an old staff thread any more ;_;

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

i've written down some suggestions in here and im presenting some of them in our meeting tomorrow. if anyone has any last minute suggestions or feedback, speak now :]

littlem

Thanks for listening, Frasier!

(Don't worry, I know Jeff won't understand that!) haha

Manupix

I can't 'watch' staff posts!

taz-pie

i can't search blugs or refer back to designs i have commented on! please fix, jeffypoo

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

when I right-click - open in new tab - on the 'xx designs submitted - score now' link on the right hand side of people's comments, half the time it takes me to some totally random profile of people who don't even have any designs or comments or anything. It's a crap shoot, sometimes it works and sometimes not. It works better when I just click, but I want to right click because I don't want to navigate away from the page I'm on.

littlem

i can't find the beer fridge!

Manupix
jeffreyg said:

i've written down some suggestions in here and im presenting some of them in our meeting tomorrow. if anyone has any last minute suggestions or feedback, speak now :]

You know, walls of text have been posted since some months ago, about 1) missing features from the old site; 2) desirable features for the new site; 3) unwanted features in the new site, and 4) BUGS GALORE.

Part of these have been corrected or implemented since, but I'm pretty sure lots more are still valid. Esp BUGS. If you guys are serious about it, you should post an OFFICIAL thread for bug reports and stuff AND KEEP IT ALIVE. Not like the, ahem, changelog. Sorry, Jake :S Maybe you guys do listen, but please say so!

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni

search for the forums.

I generally like the changes actually. New scoring is slightly strange to me, but I suppose that's cos its new and all. not sure about the bugs because I havent actually scored many designs yet.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

One thing: Please e-mail announcement of winners of all challenges, not just the corporate ones. You may have started doing this already; I'm not sure. In the past we would have to search out the winners in the Challenge pages which was a pain since we, Thread-users, never knew when the winners were chosen.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

The challenge winners are usually in the weekly newsletter

Morkki
Manupix said:

^hehe

Ok there used to be a 'staff' section of the blogs, seems it's now called 'news' since that's what shows up on staff threads.

Well the link http://www.threadless.com/forum/news is dead. Can't find an old staff thread any more ;_;

THIS. FIX THIS.

Not much point in posting the tutorials as News since they're impossible to find later.

Manupix
Morkki said:

Not much point in posting the tutorials as News since they're impossible to find later.

All the more so since you can't even 'watch' staff threads.

JEFF DON'T BE A LETDOWN

Manupix

OK, so I forgot I already posted this ages ago. Like exactly 2 days. Am I that old already?

Morkki

And could someone please please PLEASE update the tee template and just switch the design layer group blending mode from overlay to normal. It's like some sort of evil newbie trap.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

And could someone please please PLEASE update the tee template and just switch the design layer group blending mode from overlay to normal. It's like some sort of evil newbie trap.

I noticed that, when I first downloaded it, I was like, what's all this crap? and just started deleting layers like crazy. (I'm a bit pedantic when it comes to layers). I can see how it could be a bit daunting to the uninitiated.

Morkki
Morkki said:

• download new 1200x1200 template
  • notice the design layer is still set to Overlay
  • facepalm with the power of 1000 suns

Morkki

Thank you <3

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff
Morkki said:
Morkki said:

• download new 1200x1200 template
  • notice the design layer is still set to Overlay
  • facepalm with the power of 1000 suns

Yeah I caught this a couple days ago and already told the team to fix it - should be reuploaded soon! :)

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Morkki is so hard to please... geez...

Morkki
Ryder Revolution said:

Morkki is so hard to please... geez...

All I'm asking is for you to treat me like a lady!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us