Close
One second...

Write 5 Things You'd Change to Make Threadless Better

About the site, or Threadless in general -- write 5 things that you would change that would make Threadless a better company or community.

Here's mine.

1 -- Bring back the "Golden Tag"
Extremely rarely, a shirt is sent out that has been printed with a Golden Tag inside the collar. Owners of this shirt win 1 of each new shirt printed henceforth for an entire year -- all free of course.

2 -- Bring back design thumbnails
(or equivalent) So users can better share their designs in image form.

3 -- Make scoring simple again
I don't know what's going on with the new site and scoring, but I can't even begin to list the ways it messes up. The major offenders; not registering a score, not changing designs after score, and not registering comments (the blogs sometimes do this too). Bring back the old system -- or fix the current one.

4 -- More random goodness in shipments
Hand written thank yous with extra pins and sticker bonuses in your order makes the customer feel more appreciated. Generic thank yous issued to everyone is the lame sauce. Why? For the hell of it and it being awesome. That's why.

5 -- More community influence.
There's lots of chat options out there -- it shouldn't be overly difficult to host a community-based meeting for feedback say... once a month? Discuss upcoming events, the path the company is going, and get reaction/concerns/feedback from the designers and customers.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
taz-pie
  • more cat gifs.

squintygirl

It would be nice to click on the Bestee Awards link and have it show the winners from last year.

cough cough

squintygirl

I'd also like my blog archive back.

Outlaw01
squintygirl said:

I'd also like my blog archive back.

this

squintygirl

Hey, navigation is much improved.

littlem

i'd move threadless warehouse to southern CA.

did i say that already? have i said that somewhere? have i saaid that again? will i say it more? how many times will i say it? 5? 5 and buy??? :p

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

- 1. For the Loves / special challenges, it would be nice if everyone was notified when the winner(s) has be chosen. Don't name who it was, but just a notice that if you haven't received a "Congrats" email, then you did not win that specific challenge.

Malhat06
Malhat06 profile pic Alumni
xiv said:

- 1. For the Loves / special challenges, it would be nice if everyone was notified when the winner(s) has be chosen. Don't name who it was, but just a notice that if you haven't received a "Congrats" email, then you did not win that specific challenge.

This ^^

Malhat06
Malhat06 profile pic Alumni

Could people who have won GAP challenges have it say that they have had a design printed on their profile page please :)

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

I'm late to this party, but here are my five changes:

1. Fewer "big property" challenges
  2. Ability to follow certain members and receive notifications of their new designs/blogs
  3. More Taz
  4. Instead of a t-shirt website, Threadless becomes an all-nude gentlemen's club.
  5. The Threadless All-Nude Gentlemen's Club has free hot wings.
taz-pie

MORE FUCKIN TAZZ

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

yeah, i'd like my Gap prints to show up as well but that's purely a pride thing. Maybe it's just me being dumb, but on the mobile site there doesn't appear to be a way to get beyond the first page of the blogs - there's no "next page" button that I can see.

FightingFit

Just a comment as a newbie to the site. I struggled with the navigation of the site and found it a bit jumbled knowing where to look as a beginner. Personally I prefer a bit of a text overview too rather than being fully reliant on videos to communicate information. I'd have welcomed a 'do's' and 'don't' section and more guidance on how to get your design critiques before you try and submit them. As a beginner the most helpful bit of the site for me has been this forum.

Manupix

I still hate all the annoying mouseover dropdowns, except one that should be there and isn't: my profile. And while you're at it, add 'designs' and 'threads' to it too! 'k thanks.

FightingFit

Some more thoughts from someone wandering around this site in their first few days.

Would be good if you could upload a picture directly rather than through an image hosting site.

I'd like a dedicated critique zone. It feels a little like a request for feedback can get lost among everything else (particularly promotion type threads). This also applies for me wanting to try and find where I can offer some help easily.

There seems to be an awful lot of 'I'll vote for you, if you vote for me.' As a new person who just wants to genuinely get involved and get honest comments and votes it looks a bit spammy and off putting. I'm still not sure I don't need a campaign team and a marketing strategy for my first submission!

I'm starting to recognise who are the honest and experienced contributors on here but maybe they could get a special avatar so you know its expert advice.

Over and out!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

The participated filter works... but only for one page. Click page 2 and the filter no longer applies.

Manupix
Morkki said:

The participated filter works... but only for one page. Click page 2 and the filter no longer applies.

This ;_;

Twiggyhall
Manupix said:

I still hate all the annoying mouseover dropdowns, except one that should be there and isn't: my profile. And while you're at it, add 'designs' and 'threads' to it too! 'k thanks.

oh man, so much. I hate the rollover dropdowns. especially when I'm on my phone

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

You know what, helpful,chill staff and clever idea people?

Thanks.

bandy

celandinestern on July 19, 2013 at 17:10:47 celandinestern profile pic 4 designs submitted - Score now! Quote hrm I don't know if I can make it till five.

FIX THE GODDAMNED VOTING JUST FIX IT ALREADY GODDAMIT delete post button sounds nice. fix/ finish/ create the new critiques section. Them newbies be neglected. Pick braver/ weirder/ more diverse designs Something something awesome

and also what Morkki said on the first page

bandy

Instead of picking up one winner, pick up 3 winners for a contest and share the money...ofcourse the winner is the most deserved one..

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

things have gotten so much better, I'm actually (dare I say it???) feeling comfy on the new site nowwww :D

one thing - the 'xx designs submitted - score now' link on people's posts takes me

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

...TO THE WEIRDEST PLACES. But never to that person's submissions.

otrom
otrom profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

MORE FUCKIN TAZZ

second that. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

bandy

It would be good if you could add an edit button when we post a comment while scoring or commenting on a blog. The typos could be edited then.

Outlaw01

new site is nice... but it needs moar

death by crayon

• Add an edit option for forum posts • Break up the General forum section into several subtopics for easier browsing

Outlaw01
Morkki said:

More like

• make people post their goddamn ART in the ART section

lol

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

simple gripe: bring back threadless.com/all it was a great way to see them all together, a massive inspiiring image and links.

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

holy shit..thats was quick! Thanks for fixing..

:) I am an idiot.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
xiv said:

Can I get a hell yes!

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

I was pretty much on hiatus for the best part of a year so completely missed the transition to the new site. Having used it a bit now I'm back I have to say I don't like it much. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that was changed for the better. It's a solid case of if it isn't broke, why fix it?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
toomanymikes said:
Manupix said:
Morkki said:

This ;_;

This was bugging me too so I just pushed a fix for this. Let us know if it's still not quite right.

It works! Thanks!

Manupix
toomanymikes said:

This was bugging me too so I just pushed a fix for this. Let us know if it's still not quite right.

Great, thanks! Works for watched, too.

On the other hand, the 'most watched' and 'popular' tags returns are, well, unspectacular. I can't know what should come up obviously, but I'd be quite surprised if this was accurate right now. Noticed this a few days ago and again today.

taz-pie

I need more me :(

Manupix

^hehe

Ok there used to be a 'staff' section of the blogs, seems it's now called 'news' since that's what shows up on staff threads.

Well the link http://www.threadless.com/forum/news is dead. Can't find an old staff thread any more ;_;

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

i've written down some suggestions in here and im presenting some of them in our meeting tomorrow. if anyone has any last minute suggestions or feedback, speak now :]

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us