Close
One second...

Write 5 Things You'd Change to Make Threadless Better

About the site, or Threadless in general -- write 5 things that you would change that would make Threadless a better company or community.

Here's mine.

1 -- Bring back the "Golden Tag"
Extremely rarely, a shirt is sent out that has been printed with a Golden Tag inside the collar. Owners of this shirt win 1 of each new shirt printed henceforth for an entire year -- all free of course.

2 -- Bring back design thumbnails
(or equivalent) So users can better share their designs in image form.

3 -- Make scoring simple again
I don't know what's going on with the new site and scoring, but I can't even begin to list the ways it messes up. The major offenders; not registering a score, not changing designs after score, and not registering comments (the blogs sometimes do this too). Bring back the old system -- or fix the current one.

4 -- More random goodness in shipments
Hand written thank yous with extra pins and sticker bonuses in your order makes the customer feel more appreciated. Generic thank yous issued to everyone is the lame sauce. Why? For the hell of it and it being awesome. That's why.

5 -- More community influence.
There's lots of chat options out there -- it shouldn't be overly difficult to host a community-based meeting for feedback say... once a month? Discuss upcoming events, the path the company is going, and get reaction/concerns/feedback from the designers and customers.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
38Sunsets
38Sunsets profile pic Alumni
Outlaw01 said:
38 Sunsets said:

Hi, I do not know the "old site", so I cannot refer to it - I am used to actual version, however my first days here where tricky. Well known bugs could be fixed for sure, but one feature that I would like to see is "edit comment" once it was posted.

it was a golden age. submissions were scored quickly, 0's were still in place. You could delete blogs and check stats. Designs had their own sharing page, and the forums were full of people. Now it's all Mad Max around here.

"it was golden age" wow that sounds really good. When did Threadless passed to the actual version of their website? And was there any community testing of the new version? or just decision to change everything was arbitrary?

i just think about something: maybe, as you call it Outlaw01, "Mad Max" ambiance comes not from the new website but from growing and growing popularity of Threadless? Maybe more people means there are proportionally more people giving shit about wearing "white hat" ... they just think to make quick money, giving shit about being involved positively in here? If that is so ... I do not want to imagine how the raising tension will turn in the future ...

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

who cares, threadless obviously spent to much money on the shitty site redesign to admit the old site was better

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff
biotwist said:

who cares, threadless obviously spent to much money on the shitty site redesign to admit the old site was better

I care.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

jeez....people fear change.....

• sits at desk....pounds robotic jeff head with hammer
38Sunsets
38Sunsets profile pic Alumni
BeanePod said:

jeez....people fear change.....

+1

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Scoring seems to be running better for me now. Commenting is still kinda slow.

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni
Thomas Orrow said:
  • make the scoring system less crashy......problems include score freezing with Ooops something went wrong, stuck on the same page and seemingly being able to score it multiple times

• Not sure about you, but I rarely use this bulletin system it seems slightly boring, maybe something more fun added in the html options row perhaps
    • Still no critique club
  • cyber badges. I would love to see computer designed virtual badges
    (NOT REAL ONES!!!!!). By cyber badge I mean a circle or shield which represents various achievements.

• More baseball tees, trucker caps, socks, boxer shorts, pyjamas and Vans (not sure if that is a good business strategy just a personal preference)

YES FOR BADGES!! i remember Speedy showing off some of the badges he designed for this new site. Remember that? It was all kinds of badges it was really awesome. I wonder how's development in that?

Morkki said:

Let's not forget that Powerscore was also buggy as hell. Sure it was faster but I had to restart it often because it kept crapping out on me and commenting through it was hazardous.

Oh yes it was real buggy, but it worked! I'm willing to suspect that was the alpha version of the code for the new scoring system. While the Beta, more developed code was on the atrium challenges. So I'm guessing that the code is the same to make power score, what would need to be done is just simplify the code and eliminate some of the third-party services loading on the background.

As for the comments, yeah they pretty much never worked. When I wanted to comment I would always open a new tab with the design alone so the comment would work.

littlem
Outlaw01 said:

the site, I think, needs to be fixed before more peope jot down things they'd change to improve the community

lol aren't like 3/5 of your things up there having to do with the community? :P

Outlaw01
littlem said:
Outlaw01 said:

the site, I think, needs to be fixed before more peope jot down things they'd change to improve the community

Yes, but like 90% of the suggestions being shot around are for the site.

jeffreyg
Outlaw01 said:
littlem said:
Outlaw01 said:

Yes, but like 90% of the suggestions being shot around are for the site.

Yeah, but everything is pretty much connected to the community. Who votes? The community. Who submits designs? The community.

ETC ETC

Outlaw01

Whats the staff's take on the site atm?

SJ27

There's no link to second page of the blogs, sorry "forums" on the mobile site and the blogs on the first page suck.

Taryn2022

Scoring. It's driving me nuts! I can't vote and then comment on the shirt I just voted for because it quickly scrolls to the next design and then it end up posting my comment under that design. Please stop the auto scroll after voting.

In the meantime, I find commenting and then voting has been working a tad better.

I also like the comment editing idea, but I feel it should be limited to 1 edit and by the author. I know I hate a random type in my message that I don't realize I made and finding it on the comment list.

I think that's it for now. :D

Thank you for having this thread for everyone to comment on!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Or... just learn to comment before voting. Adding an extra click to move on to the next design would double the effort in the voting and make it even slower. It may not seem like much but it piles up.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I will not admit I read all the pages in this Thread, just the last one. I just got an order and here are my 5 things:

1.Make shirt sizes consistent I have placed two orders in the last 3 month and the kids sizes, although ordered the same, were very different. I also got a shirt for my wife in both orders, both the same size, and both different; one shirt had a deeper neck and the other was fitted in a different way.

1. Two- this blog is auto correcting my #2 in my list; What is up with that? Which brings me to number 3.

2. (Really 3) The glitchiness of the new site. Yes, it is slow but the real problem it commenting on subs.

1. (Really 4) Offer different shirt fits for people. This is especially important for woman. If a lady has any chest at all, all the shirts are way too tight. If they are going to have fitted shirts they should also have a less fitted style too. My special lady friend can't wear Threadless tees for this reason.

Number 5. I don't have a 5 for now.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I like your number 4, Josh! I mostly buy boat necks now, for that reason, or buy a large. Also, Threadless, tell us at least what height your models are so people can compare while buying.

One of the non-site Threadless things I think has been missing for a while now is that unless an artist is being Made, they just blend into the crowd and get little recognition. Highlighting the challenge winners in a blog is great, and I would love to see Jeff keep that up. But for regular challenge winners or even people that get regular prints (especially Select winners), they just fade into the masses and barely get any recognition.

This is not a personal issue, since I haven't been printed, just an observation. I miss Threadless making a big deal about artists. Threadless has been feeling more and more corporate, cold and strictly about business. And way more concerned with the consumer than with the people that give them what their entire business model depends on. The amazing art.

littlem

TheInfamousBaka on July 22, 2013 at 10:05:36 TheInfamousBaka profile pic 2 designs submitted - Score now! Quote I like your number 4, Josh! I mostly buy boat necks now, for that reason, or buy a large. Also, Threadless, tell us at least what height your models are so people can compare while buying.

i still concur with that model comparison size thingy. i feel like threadless is slowly branching out into the more loose-fit tee for women and that's awesome. i hope they start offering it more on regular prints rather than on just selects.

arzie13
arzie13 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Ha, Gold tags! I'll see what I can do about that one.

Many important things brought up in here...

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

i feel like threadless is slowly branching out into the more loose-fit tee for women and that's awesome.

I love the Select girly styles, without them I might only buy shirts for the BF these days. The High-Low Tees are super comfy and the oversized tees probably are too. It's great that there are all these options for girls now :)

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

1. MORE MEETUPS MORE OFTEN

2.See Designs in the Forum so we can see what's popular and comment on it and watch it. Can't tell you how many designs i never see because of this, i don't have time to go into the scoring area and check what's popular, i want it up front :)

LFagan

Akaka said:

i feel like threadless is slowly branching out into the more loose-fit tee for women and that's awesome.

I love the Select girly styles, without them I might only buy shirts for the BF these days. The High-Low Tees are super comfy and the oversized tees probably are too. It's great that there are all these options for girls now :)

I work in production and help develop new girly styles. Glad to hear you're liking the newer, looser fits. We're working on even more silhouettes for both Threadless and Select to make sure there is enough variety for all shapes and sizes out there. Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are the backbone of this company and without you there wouldn't be a Threadless. We take what you say very seriously!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
LFagan said:

Akaka said:

I work in production and help develop new girly styles. Glad to hear you're liking the newer, looser fits. We're working on even more silhouettes for both Threadless and Select to make sure there is enough variety for all shapes and sizes out there. Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are the backbone of this company and without you there wouldn't be a Threadless. We take what you say very seriously!

So good to hear! Triangles In Fall is my most worn Threadless shirt because it's so comfy.

littlem
LFagan said:

Akaka said:

you're awesome!!

Outlaw01
arzie13 said:

Ha, Gold tags! I'll see what I can do about that one.

Many important things brought up in here...

threadless pls

flying-girl
  1. I can not give voice when I'm on the page big pictures. My vote is taken only on the author's page. So I open the page author every time... Also I can vote on the contest page only.
  2. very long approve design
  3. declined without any explanation
  4. we need to fix scoring
  5. we need Edit button.
  6. I don't see the results of completed contest
  7. don't work comments on page "Printed a design"

Thanks for your big work )

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

it'd be nice to be able to delete comments from a blog... sometimes we rant... sometimes we regret it the next day...

Outlaw01
Dexter Spandex said:

A lot of my other issues with Threadless are victims of it's own success. Like There are just too many submissions these days, and the quality has dropped, so it's no longer fun to score. I'm not sure what the solution to this is, because it's good that it's inclusive and it's a positive thing inspiring creativity. Personally i preferred the old nav. it was a bit more grown up. I feel i'm the wrong demography now, with all the 'Start with an idea' ;make it better' in the nav is a bit childish.

agreed

taz-pie
Ryder Revolution said:

it'd be nice to be able to delete comments from a blog... sometimes we rant... sometimes we regret it the next day...

i don't actually think this is a good idea. we should say what we feel, and then deal with the consequences.

Morkki

Yeah... people who delete their comments make all the people who replied to the deleted comment look like asses. It just messes up conversations.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Yeah... people who delete their comments make all the people who replied to the deleted comment look like asses. It just messes up conversations.

agreed. i hate when people do this on fb

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Any plans to introduce baseball tees for the ladies? My lady friend has to buy the guys ones, which are still super sexy on her, but she's still hoping for them in the girl's line. Also, she reckons the girl's cardigans aren't as good either.

melmike

oh, and some of these threads are pretty damn long. Could you make it so that on the main forum page if you click the number of posts on the right, that takes you directly to the last post, or even just the last page in that thread? At the moment it feels like too much clickin.

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

nothings going to get fixed.... threadless has been like this for months..... and I still cant score more then 2 designs with out wanted to murder my computer. this thread makes me sad

Morkki
melmike said:

oh, and some of these threads are pretty damn long. Could you make it so that on the main forum page if you click the number of posts on the right, that takes you directly to the last post, or even just the last page in that thread? At the moment it feels like too much clickin.

Pro tip: Click the #

Goldendust
littlem said:

TheInfamousBaka on July 22, 2013 at 10:05:36 TheInfamousBaka profile pic 2 designs submitted - Score now! Quote I like your number 4, Josh! I mostly buy boat necks now, for that reason, or buy a large. Also, Threadless, tell us at least what height your models are so people can compare while buying.

i still concur with that model comparison size thingy. i feel like threadless is slowly branching out into the more loose-fit tee for women and that's awesome. i hope they start offering it more on regular prints rather than on just selects.

I seriously think that this would help select line times a million. I want to know what size the model is wearing at the very very least. Measurements of the actual garment when it's laid flat are also really helpful. The basic threadless sizing guidelines just aren't specific enough for me to want to take a chance on things like the long sleeved business shirts.

melmike
Morkki said:
melmike said:

Pro tip: Click the #

OMG, you've changed my life!

Goldendust
celandinestern said:
Morkki said:

Me too. Please don't change it!

karaed
karaed profile pic Staff
melmike said:

Any plans to introduce baseball tees for the ladies? My lady friend has to buy the guys ones, which are still super sexy on her, but she's still hoping for them in the girl's line. Also, she reckons the girl's cardigans aren't as good either.

I actually love love love the guys baseball tees (and Select guys tri-blends too). And I'm a tiny lady, so it's awesome that I can get guys XS. Those are most of my favorite tees right now.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:
Ryder Revolution said:

i don't actually think this is a good idea. we should say what we feel, and then deal with the consequences.

can we just delete Taz comments then?

:) jk, love ya taz...

karaed
karaed profile pic Staff
heykimby said:

I seriously think that this would help select line times a million. I want to know what size the model is wearing at the very very least. Measurements of the actual garment when it's laid flat are also really helpful. The basic threadless sizing guidelines just aren't specific enough for me to want to take a chance on things like the long sleeved business shirts.

Most models wear medium, if that helps. You can probably tell which of us wear smaller or larger sizes by comparison. For Select, I think it's mostly medium too, but the looser styles may be smalls in the photos, since those run larger. I'm not totally sure on that stuff though.

[+duracell-]

I think a nice compromise would be to just have a fully working preview window. OR you have an edit button with a 5 minute time limit. If you want to be anal about it, edited comments could have an edited + time stamp identifier. Deleted comments.. same thing.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

seriously, 2 votes i managed before it crapped out... TWO!!!!!!

wtf, why is this so hard to fix?

jeffreyg

compiling the most repetitive concerns in a list right now...

Chipmnk

When Jeff takes his shirt off, I can't walk straight.

jeffreyg

oooooo gurl

Chipmnk

Got them chocolate pepperoni nips.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
Chipmnk said:

Got them chocolate pepperoni nips.

^THIS

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
Musarter said:

totally thought this was a gif of me when i first looked at it...

littlem
celandinestern said:
Morkki said:

agreed

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us