Resub this common idea for The Simpsons Challenger???

DANGER ON THE FARM

do you remember that?

Watch this
jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

might be a little vague

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

yeah i remember the clip but i'm not sure it's recognizable as a simpsons thing without that picture you posted...

vectoredlife

Yeah, I didn't get how the design related to The Simpsons until I seen the other pic.

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni
Theo86 said:

I like it, I say what if you added SideShow Bob in there somewhere?

Musarter said:

Great idea. A hint of Bob might help. Maybe a faint shadow or something.

BeanePod said:

couldn't you just add one character (sideshow) in there somewhere? like maybe around the shirt pocket area?

Ok!! I understand! LOL

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Has anyone mentioned you should put Sideshow Bob in there somewhere, because you should totally do that...

Good luck breathing new life into this design. It'll be pretty solid once you make the necessary changes.

joe.annabi

CLASSIC! I actually even preferred it without Bob. Maybe Bob on the back to keep that subtlety ?

DanniNine
DanniNine profile pic Alumni

Hi, i'm the artist in question and it makes me feel physically sick to be accused of ripping you off. I had no idea of your previous submission, I would hate for someone to think of me as a thief. In my defence, it is a very popular simpsons joke, from a well-loved episode and as it is such a memorable visual gag more than one person was likely to come up with it for a tee. I'm sorry to cause you any concern, but i haven't done anything wrong. But thanks for jumping to conclusions and making my submission look bad. Cheers!

cuttybage

Awww, shitty. Your's looks much nicer if its any consolation.

cuttybage
DanniNine said:

Hi, i'm the artist in question and it makes me feel physically sick to be accused of ripping you off. I had no idea of your previous submission, I would hate for someone to think of me as a thief. In my defence, it is a very popular simpsons joke, from a well-loved episode and as it is such a memorable visual gag more than one person was likely to come up with it for a tee. I'm sorry to cause you any concern, but i haven't done anything wrong. But thanks for jumping to conclusions and making my submission look bad. Cheers!

Eh, nothing is really original anymore, I suppose. And this is a great idea, and true, a very popular joke. Bad luck :(

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

this is one of the issues I have with these contests that are based on pop culture content we're all exposed to. Inevitably you get people doing the same things over and over (the number of doughnuts in the simpsons challenge is already barf-inducing), and these sorts of misunderstandings will naturally pop up :/

azrael5

I don't feel that was a rip..no need to feel any bad Danninine...if any 2 person had to make a t-design on that concept,it has to be looking same cos the idea has been shown in that episode and any major change will make it vague on the real version.

jeffreyg

I don't see this as a rip.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Yeah, I think you can chalk this one up to coincidence. Maybe one of the staffers can take your post off of Danninine's design so people don't get the wrong idea.

jeffreyg
TheInfamousBaka said:

Yeah, I think you can chalk this one up to coincidence. Maybe one of the staffers can take your post off of Danninine's design so people don't get the wrong idea.

already on it

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

It's very possible that two people had the same idea. Despite the blog. Sorry :(

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

It's true, it does happen. I remember a Threadless contest where Sayahelmi and I had virtually identical ideas about an ampersand sign containing the sun and the moon/ day and night. We caught it early on and both ended up finishing and subbing the pieces, even supported each other during voting. But it was such a weird moment when we realised we were doing pretty much the same thing. Thankfully the styles were different enough to allow it to work.

DanniNine

Thank you very much, I'm relieved this could be resolved without it getting too ugly. Again, Palitosci I'm sorry you feel that way but please understand I didn't rip you off.

DanniNine

Thanks, good luck in your future submissions.

DanniNine

And if you do decide to resub this, may the best design win :)

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Sorry for you bro, rip or no rip, was a great one. But challenges are challenges, with great stuff and meh stuff being picked at the same time. What about this…

becoming this

:P

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

:)

v.calahan said:

Sorry for you bro, rip or no rip, was a great one. But challenges are challenges, with great stuff and meh stuff being picked at the same time. What about this…

becoming this

:P

ChrisDB

Damn, it's the exact same frame.

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni
palitosci said:
Theo86 said:

Musarter said:

BeanePod said:

couldn't you just add one character (sideshow) in there somewhere? like maybe around the shirt pocket area?

Ok!! I understand! LOL

somebody read my blog and submitted a work similar... and Threadless printed it NICE.

Santo76
Santo76 profile pic Alumni

Booooo

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni
palitosci said:
palitosci said:
Theo86 said:

Musarter said:

BeanePod said:

Ok!! I understand! LOL

somebody read my blog and submitted a work similar... and Threadless printed it NICE.

:(

No account?
Join Us