Close
One second...

House Platypie - MARCH PRINT: Undersea Victorian by Lidija!


HOUSE LEADER
TheInfamousBaka (Tiffany)


MEMBERS


Staff
JessHanesbury


Cutest Fool Ever
Twiggyhall (Jen)


Collaboration Extraordinaire
goliath72 (Daniel)


Alums
Ilya Yavnoshan
kuro_te (Paul)
celandinestern (Lidija) - website | tumblr | Society6 | facebook (fan page) | twitter
sweet n sour (James)
Musarter (Josh) - website | Society6 | blog | 8tracks | twitter
pyr4lis (Lori)
ellygeh (Elly) - tumblr | facebook (fan page) | | YouTube | Society6 | twitter | Redbubble
mip1980 (Michael) - tumblr | Society6 | facebook (personal) | flickr | twitter
gebe (Elia) - website | twitter | flickr | Society6 | Dribbble | Behance | tumblr


Future Alums
Karmagar
osaze
amaara - instagram | facebook (personal) | tumblr
Abstract Matter (Adam)
evyc (Evelyn)
azrael5 (Mohammed)
Chaymation (Chay) - website | tumblr | facebook (fan page) | Society6
vectored_life (Richard aka Illustratorman) - Society6 | Behance | facebook | tumblr | Dribbble | Red Bubble




Marsupial and pastry have united to create the most devastatingly awesome creature to walk this pretty blue planet! We shall rise above the petty squabbles of the other houses and win with our dignity still in tact. Considering who the other houses are, this really shouldn't be that difficult.


Vote, create, duel and Threadless with all of your heart! And do a little smack talking while you're at it. Also some GIFs of butts and dancing, because GIFs.





LET THEM EAT PIE



Represent your house! paste this line of code in your profile


<img src="http://imageshack.us/a/img832/956/myjo.jpg">


Platypie up your avatar with this PLATYPIE AVATAR PNG!


PLATYPIE PNG




POINTS INDEX


LEADING HOUSE
PLATYPIES FOR LIFE!



CURRENT PLATYPIE HOUSE CHALLENGES
MAKE A BIRD & BIRD HOUSE // USING THESE COLORS
DUE BY WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT

HOUSE WIP BLOG


HOUSE PIES CURRENTLY UP FOR VOTING




EATEN PIES




CHECK OUT LIDIJA'S PATTERN TUTORIAL


AUGUST PRINTS
Joueur de Tennis by Lori Petersen [FALL SELECT]
SEPTEMBER PRINTS
Why Did You Eat My Fries? by Elly Medeiros
OCTOBER PRINTS
I Can Haz Cheeseburger Spaceships? by Tiffany Ambrose
NOVEMBER PRINTS
Personal Sky by Elia Colombo
Cold Weather Birds by TheInfamousBaka
DECEMBER PRINTS
The Facade by Tiffany Ambrose
JANUARY PRINTS
Grouch in Disguise by Josh Billings
FEBRUARY PRINTS
Speed is Relative by Josh Billings

MARCH PRINTS
Undersea Victorian by Lidija Paradinovic



STAT CARDS BY GEBE





HOUSE GOALS FOR 2014


[ ] 10 Prints
[X] 1 Challenge Winning Print ~ Musarter / Josh Billings [SESAME STREET]
[ ] 100 Submissions
[ ] Score 40k Submissions
[ ] 30 Submissions With Scores Over 3.0

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 47
  3. 48
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. 53
  9. 54
  10. 55
  11. ... 86
ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni

Whoa, a perfect example of me not keeping up is my last comment up there talking about something from the last page haha!

Also, Society6 really is for the famous and the artsy fartsy, cause I haven't sold a thing yet lol.I've been avoiding redbubble for the same reason Lidija is struggling with, cleaning up and formatting. That is the one part i can't stand the most!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Redbubble sounds like a pain, but I think I'll set up an account this weekend if I have time. MONEYYYY~ I think it's all worth it even if you just sell a couple of things. Because there is a person out there wearing your art or they have it on their wall or as a pillow. So awesome.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

P.S. Is anybody doing stuff for Lion King? I'm going to start working on a couple of things soon, but have some extra ideas that I could toss out if anybody needs them.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Hey Pies! Back from hellydays and just wanted to say "Quack Quack" to you furry beaked creatures for winning the war! Must have taken a lot of pie bribing but congrats none the less sweeties!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Thanks Victor! :-D Now we just need some prints.

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Thanks Duddy!

v.calahan said:

Hey Pies! Back from hellydays and just wanted to say "Quack Quack" to you furry beaked creatures for winning the war! Must have taken a lot of pie bribing but congrats none the less sweeties!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

No Lion King from me. I might try the Redbubble and TeePublic things out. As said before, Society6 is for people with a following or are constantly posting stuff. I have sold one item but it was because someone emailed me about a specific item and I posted it. Fame is nice but money is better because poor.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

Thanks Victor!!! Always nice to see losers maintaining their dignity! :)

The collab could be a big pumpkin with carved openings and different ghoulies peeking out of each?? I could do an initial sketch.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

Also i'm thinking of writing up a simple business plan for my world domination campaign. So i don't get lost.

screw lion king, i think. They'll never pick me, plus downvoting, plus ain't nobody got time for that :)

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
celandinestern said:

Thanks Victor!!! Always nice to see losers maintaining their dignity! :)

The collab could be a big pumpkin with carved openings and different ghoulies peeking out of each?? I could do an initial sketch.

I like the pumpkin idea, Lidija! :-D That would be so fun. Like a pumpkin haunted house or something.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I have a great idea for a Halloween design that was originally going to be a 90s challenge design. I have zero time for it although I already have a sketch and references. Is there anybody that does Pop Culture designs that can be suggested or would be interested in hearing about it?

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni
celandinestern said:

Thanks Victor!!! Always nice to see losers maintaining their dignity! :)

The collab could be a big pumpkin with carved openings and different ghoulies peeking out of each?? I could do an initial sketch.

True… but who's losing the main comp? Ewww!

amaara

I'm doing one Lion King, I sketched and am now inking, but its not like a huge thing, just a drawing of adult Simba, but in a style I wanted to try out.

and yesss for the collab!!

S6 just isnt worth the time/effort for all the dust my account there collects.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Hi guys, damn work is ruining the only social life i have, you guys :-( No Lion King from me but I am down for any monster house collab, I shall keep checking in until Monday when i will be back with a vengeance, I have also been busy doing a few daily site submissions :-)

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni

Sent you an email Dan!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
celandinestern said:

Thanks Victor!!! Always nice to see losers maintaining their dignity! :)

The collab could be a big pumpkin with carved openings and different ghoulies peeking out of each?? I could do an initial sketch.

So we're going to get an initial sketch, right? :-)

It doesn't seem like there's a ton of people doing Lion King subs, but there is still two weeks. I'll probably start working on mine next week, then wait until the last minute to submit.

Chayground

Redbubble is the only one of those sites I've ever made anything on (and that was $25 total, but I spent about 8 hours getting all the formatting done).

Society 6 I've done a similar amount of formatting for (But have included my threadless designs on there as prints because of them being sister sites)

Neatorama I've been on for 2 weeks with some of my very old threadless and newer non threadless designs, but have only made $6 from selling 2 science shirts (although I'm going to try and do some more pop culture things to target their audience, as I genuinely love some pop culture things (I used to watch Doctor Who back in the 80s!) - some of my minimalism once might work on there, once I have suffered my 90 days of purgatory on threadless first - clearly nothing I do is likely to ever print on here, but I live in faint hope!

I thought perhaps my Baking Brad design might work on neatorama as I've seen several other breaking bad designs, and threadless won't take celebrity likenesses which is fair enough. Although perhaps that might also work on one of those daily sites that I'm not sure how to approach...

I was wondering if (once threadless turn it down of course, as threadless will always be the gold standard) I should submit my minimalism starfleet uniforms to this TeePublic place as people on here seem to genuinely like it. If I could figure out where on the net to promote it to actual trekkies/trekkers then I could possibly get a decent number of sales from it. What do you think?

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni
Chaymation said:

Redbubble is the only one of those sites I've ever made anything on (and that was $25 total, but I spent about 8 hours getting all the formatting done).

Society 6 I've done a similar amount of formatting for (But have included my threadless designs on there as prints because of them being sister sites)

Neatorama I've been on for 2 weeks with some of my very old threadless and newer non threadless designs, but have only made $6 from selling 2 science shirts (although I'm going to try and do some more pop culture things to target their audience, as I genuinely love some pop culture things (I used to watch Doctor Who back in the 80s!) - some of my minimalism once might work on there, once I have suffered my 90 days of purgatory on threadless first - clearly nothing I do is likely to ever print on here, but I live in faint hope!

I thought perhaps my Baking Brad design might work on neatorama as I've seen several other breaking bad designs, and threadless won't take celebrity likenesses which is fair enough. Although perhaps that might also work on one of those daily sites that I'm not sure how to approach...

I was wondering if (once threadless turn it down of course, as threadless will always be the gold standard) I should submit my minimalism starfleet uniforms to this TeePublic place as people on here seem to genuinely like it. If I could figure out where on the net to promote it to actual trekkies/trekkers then I could possibly get a decent number of sales from it. What do you think?

I say do it! But then again I'm not sure, since officially we have to wait 90 days so we can use the design as a shirt somewhere else, but I've seen people not really waiting that long so I'm guessing there's no problem since threadless showed no interest on printing it. So I'm leaning towards yes! What does everyone else think?

Chayground

I was going to wait the 90 days for all of them (apart from Baking Brad which I haven't drawn yet and never subbed) :)

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

Maybe just sub on everything except tees until the 90 days are up?

sharkies finished at 3.35, not bad.

I'm up on Prints on Wood now. I think your style would fit there nicely, Tiff. Come join me? you have to pay 5 bucks to join the club but it looks like a nice place.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I've seen quite a few people posting on there, may give it a shot. :-)

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

come, come!!! it's only starting out so there's not a huge crowd, the markups are ok and Terry and Eric and Tony Riff are there, from our gang. They might sink or swim but may not be bad to get in on the action early, just in case they become the next big thing :)

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni
celandinestern said:

come, come!!! it's only starting out so there's not a huge crowd, the markups are ok and Terry and Eric and Tony Riff are there, from our gang. They might sink or swim but may not be bad to get in on the action early, just in case they become the next big thing :)

Hmm I am now interested! What's this wood thing you speak of Lidija? I'd like to invite myself to the party, please hahe

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Time to vent...

My Aqua TV Show Show design finished with a 2.78. 339 votes, 67 fives, and 85 ones. It seems like most of the designs were downvoted. I finished scoring in the top 30, but still scored less than a 3. Even Alex Solis's two designs for the challenge scored below 3. The two highest scoring designs had some dope business going on...

http://www.threadless.com/adultswim/aqua-teen-cluster-bomb/

http://www.threadless.com/adultswim/fryaganda/

Read through the comments on the first link. I mentioned this funny business in another thread. It really defies belief.

I told myself I wouldn't complain this time. It really doesn't bother me as much because it's become the norm. I just can't believe the lengths people will go to in order to inflate their scores.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

The people that do this kind of shit need to get their accounts suspended or something. Ugh.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

The funny thing with those two assholes is that the incredibly low number of votes was working for them. that second guy has only 390 scores, out of that 194 fives, at least 150 of which he gave to himself. That means his actual number of voters is somewhere around 240. Less if we discount the additional ones his other asshole friend heaped on him.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni
gebe said:

Hey Lidija :) look at your card XD

ooooh have I advanced, have I advance? :D :D :D I'm so lame I don't remember what the numbers were before!!

I'm doing something for Creative Market today, I'll show you guys later.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
celandinestern said:
gebe said:

Hey Lidija :) look at your card XD

ooooh have I advanced, have I advance? :D :D :D I'm so lame I don't remember what the numbers were before!!

I'm doing something for Creative Market today, I'll show you guys later.

ahaha yes you do!

HP +9

A +0.8

M +0.8

C +1.0

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
gebe said:
celandinestern said:
gebe said:

Hey Lidija :) look at your card XD

ooooh have I advanced, have I advance? :D :D :D I'm so lame I don't remember what the numbers were before!!

I'm doing something for Creative Market today, I'll show you guys later.

ahaha yes you do!

HP +9

A +0.8

M +0.8

C +1.0

And keep in mind that you have 3 subs up! When they will be scored, you'll reach LV20 haha

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

Woah level 20!!! No longer in my teens :)

those two teachers subs have a long way to go though. Maybe i sub something new beforehand. Although with my current rate of business, maybe not :)

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

alrighty, next phase in my world domination plan - making some resources for Creative Market. This is what I came up with so far.

do you guys think that iphone is gonna get me into trouble? There is no logo but some of the icons are sort of real. I'm kinda paranoid about copyright etc. I can leave the buttons blank if you think it would be an issue.

Goldendust

I think you will be just fine with the way you've illustrated the "iphone" - they could be any app, really.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I love how your Creative Market thing looks, Lidija! :-D You should do more.

Happy Monday platypies! I'm considering doing another MSCED for next month, anybody care to join me?

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

Thanks!! I'm pulling some cutey birds and animals from some of my patterns and I'll offer those up there as creature packs too. Fun times!!

I could join you in a 'do something to promote your artwork every day' thing? :D I'm not sure I can commit to actually make something every day but I could try to do something good every day in terms of cleaning up and posting work, drawing some new stuff, repurposing... or would that just defeat the point?

I gotta stop going to bed at 4 am, I feel like a dish rag.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I think it's just a good way to motivate yourself to do something concerning art or being creative every day, so why not? :-) But don't burn yourself out, Lidija.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

awesome, I'm in :D I'm gonna be doin' it anyway, might as well put a name on it :D

heheh it's how I am, when I get excited about something it's always like 'ALL THRUSTERS ARE GO!!!' But I'll chill out after a while and find some sensible balance.

amaara

lion king fail. I got like 1/4 way, and then kind of lost where I wanted it to go :S

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Hey guys i am back, got two collabs on the go, one pending with Frickingawesome and I am also tackling the daily sites as well.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I think it looks awesome as is, amaara! You should finish it or sub it like you have it, you never know. :-)

Michael, show us what you're working on for the daily sites! I've been doing some, myself. It's fun to do fan art / mash ups once in a while. :-)

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni

Yay! Man I've been having some good ideas lately, but all fanart/mashups related, nothing that would work on threadless. I want to see what you guys have been doing as well! I'll show some of mine once I get around to doing them :)

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Here's a sneak peek of one I did. Subbed it to Teefury, rejected. Haven't heard anything from The Yetee yet.

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni

Hahaaaa Zombie Samus! I remember your sketch! Sweet! Try out Ript as well! They're my second favorite daily shirt site!

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni
amaara said:

lion king fail. I got like 1/4 way, and then kind of lost where I wanted it to go :S

Amaara that's beautiful! Try it out some light-colored tees! I'm guessing it would look great on a creme shirt!

Twiggyhall
TheInfamousBaka said:

I love how your Creative Market thing looks, Lidija! :-D You should do more.

Happy Monday platypies! I'm considering doing another MSCED for next month, anybody care to join me?

I would love to see you do that again - last time you produced so much awesome :)

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 47
  3. 48
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. 53
  9. 54
  10. 55
  11. ... 86
No account?
Join Us