Close
One second...

House Platypie - MARCH PRINT: Undersea Victorian by Lidija!


HOUSE LEADER
TheInfamousBaka (Tiffany)


MEMBERS


Staff
JessHanesbury


Cutest Fool Ever
Twiggyhall (Jen)


Collaboration Extraordinaire
goliath72 (Daniel)


Alums
Ilya Yavnoshan
kuro_te (Paul)
celandinestern (Lidija) - website | tumblr | Society6 | facebook (fan page) | twitter
sweet n sour (James)
Musarter (Josh) - website | Society6 | blog | 8tracks | twitter
pyr4lis (Lori)
ellygeh (Elly) - tumblr | facebook (fan page) | | YouTube | Society6 | twitter | Redbubble
mip1980 (Michael) - tumblr | Society6 | facebook (personal) | flickr | twitter
gebe (Elia) - website | twitter | flickr | Society6 | Dribbble | Behance | tumblr


Future Alums
Karmagar
osaze
amaara - instagram | facebook (personal) | tumblr
Abstract Matter (Adam)
evyc (Evelyn)
azrael5 (Mohammed)
Chaymation (Chay) - website | tumblr | facebook (fan page) | Society6
vectored_life (Richard aka Illustratorman) - Society6 | Behance | facebook | tumblr | Dribbble | Red Bubble




Marsupial and pastry have united to create the most devastatingly awesome creature to walk this pretty blue planet! We shall rise above the petty squabbles of the other houses and win with our dignity still in tact. Considering who the other houses are, this really shouldn't be that difficult.


Vote, create, duel and Threadless with all of your heart! And do a little smack talking while you're at it. Also some GIFs of butts and dancing, because GIFs.





LET THEM EAT PIE



Represent your house! paste this line of code in your profile


<img src="http://imageshack.us/a/img832/956/myjo.jpg">


Platypie up your avatar with this PLATYPIE AVATAR PNG!


PLATYPIE PNG




POINTS INDEX


LEADING HOUSE
PLATYPIES FOR LIFE!



CURRENT PLATYPIE HOUSE CHALLENGES
MAKE A BIRD & BIRD HOUSE // USING THESE COLORS
DUE BY WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT

HOUSE WIP BLOG


HOUSE PIES CURRENTLY UP FOR VOTING




EATEN PIES




CHECK OUT LIDIJA'S PATTERN TUTORIAL


AUGUST PRINTS
Joueur de Tennis by Lori Petersen [FALL SELECT]
SEPTEMBER PRINTS
Why Did You Eat My Fries? by Elly Medeiros
OCTOBER PRINTS
I Can Haz Cheeseburger Spaceships? by Tiffany Ambrose
NOVEMBER PRINTS
Personal Sky by Elia Colombo
Cold Weather Birds by TheInfamousBaka
DECEMBER PRINTS
The Facade by Tiffany Ambrose
JANUARY PRINTS
Grouch in Disguise by Josh Billings
FEBRUARY PRINTS
Speed is Relative by Josh Billings

MARCH PRINTS
Undersea Victorian by Lidija Paradinovic



STAT CARDS BY GEBE





HOUSE GOALS FOR 2014


[ ] 10 Prints
[X] 1 Challenge Winning Print ~ Musarter / Josh Billings [SESAME STREET]
[ ] 100 Submissions
[ ] Score 40k Submissions
[ ] 30 Submissions With Scores Over 3.0

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 43
  3. 44
  4. 45
  5. 46
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. 50
  10. 51
  11. ... 86
mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Hey guys, thinking about submitting this design for the 90's pop culture challenge

Classic 90's song Paranoid Android from Radiohead.

Which colour works better? also is there anything else you would add or take away?

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni
mip1980 said:

Hey guys, thinking about submitting this design for the 90's pop culture challenge

Classic 90's song Paranoid Android from Radiohead.

Which colour works better? also is there anything else you would add or take away?

looove the dark blue. so much more mood.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
mip1980 said:

Hey guys, thinking about submitting this design for the 90's pop culture challenge

Classic 90's song Paranoid Android from Radiohead.

Which colour works better? also is there anything else you would add or take away?

Dark blue even to me :)

Hey platypies, my best unprinted chart has been updated

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

and it's done. I did another version where the dog is saying 'poop' with a little heart after it, but I think this is even derpier.

so what do you guys think, science or teachers? lol.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

I would say science but Gebe is way smarter than me so maybe teachers it is :-) Its looking fabulouso can't wait to high five it.

I have subbed my Paranoid Android to 90's pop culture :-) and the late sub should mean slightly less down-voting :-/

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I was thinking teachers because it's kinda teaching you about different kinds of poop, it can work for science in terms of biology but I felt teachers was a better fit plus I think fewer people will be subbing there.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

weekend blog blues. We went out with the baby to visit friends. My suitcase is also up for scoring, weird i didn't even think they approved subs on weekends.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

thanks!! I'm doing a second one in a similar style, with awkward confessions from insects. Should be fun.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

sent it in. I won't post all three slides as you've seen about a hundred permutations of this already :)

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

well there's a surprise, it's up already!!! someone is working overtime!!

amaara

the poop tee is so cute, and quite informative. If I had a child, I would want it in a baby onesie.

this is kind of where I am with my pattern, not too sure where to go with colour. may just sub as is because I'm tired of it.

Karmagar

My new pie is up. Well actually is a resub, here is the link: My new pie

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

great work guys!!! I think it looks awesome as is, Amaara. Turquoise on white is one of my favorite combinations.

azrael5

guys n girls missed out a lot in here...was busy getting ready for vacation-....3 weeks

au revoir!

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni
amaara said:

the poop tee is so cute, and quite informative. If I had a child, I would want it in a baby onesie.

this is kind of where I am with my pattern, not too sure where to go with colour. may just sub as is because I'm tired of it.

I think it works really well as a one color pattern, sub it! :-)

Lidija, I love your animal facts. You need to do one about gross animal stuff that is put in our food. Like insects for red dye, beaver anal secretions for "vanilla" flavors, etc. Mmmm.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni
azrael5 said:

guys n girls missed out a lot in here...was busy getting ready for vacation-....3 weeks

au revoir!

Have a great vacation, Mohammed! :-D

Everything is looking great guys. I'm almost done with my collab, so I'll be subbing something this week. Yay!

Updated the list up top. :-)

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Lidija, I love your animal facts. You need to do one about gross animal stuff that is put in our food. Like insects for red dye, beaver anal secretions for "vanilla" flavors, etc. Mmmm.

That's an awesome idea!!! I also wanna do one about bacteria that live inside us and help us function.Our little internal friends :) These are so much fun to do. Did you know they put fish scales into lipstick?

taguaivejocha
celandinestern said:
TheInfamousBaka said:

Lidija, I love your animal facts. You need to do one about gross animal stuff that is put in our food. Like insects for red dye, beaver anal secretions for "vanilla" flavors, etc. Mmmm.

That's an awesome idea!!! I also wanna do one about bacteria that live inside us and help us function.Our little internal friends :) These are so much fun to do. Did you know they put fish scales into lipstick?

It should be done! We will be waiting for it Lidija!

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

both of those would be really cool to join my other two in the teachers' comp. That way I get 4 pieces with 4 images each, yay balance!

Chayground

the insects and poo designs are so lovely, they both deserve to be printed!

I've been away again and now have "real" work to do again that I can't put off any more. I'm really really hoping I can manage to do at least one entry for the "science" challenge as it is my favourite subject matter, but it's not looking like I will. Boo hoo! :(

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

thanks Chay! Hey you've been amazingly productive in the minimalism comp, you deserve a platybreak :) Try to sneak in some free time for at least one science sub though, that comp is awesome. I'm still trying to come up with a concept for it.

Chayground

I have a problem, and I don't know if it's just me, or if everyone feels a bit like this.

When I look on threadless, especially at the "top unprinted" thread, but also at the profiles of those with awesome prints, and often just as I'm scoring entries, I just think

"man, there is so much talent out there, so many people deserving of a print without one, deserving of many prints with just one, or deserving and receiving prints left, right and center, that I should just give up!"

I reckon I feel like this about 50% of the time, the other 50% of the time I look at the stuff and think "wow, that's inspiring me to try harder and do better"

The trouble is I have no control over it. Some days I'm inspired, other days depressed by it! (sometimes over the same piece of work!) I realise this makes me sound a bit bi-polar but I think perhaps it just makes me sound human? right?

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
Chaymation said:

I have a problem, and I don't know if it's just me, or if everyone feels a bit like this.

When I look on threadless, especially at the "top unprinted" thread, but also at the profiles of those with awesome prints, and often just as I'm scoring entries, I just think

"man, there is so much talent out there, so many people deserving of a print without one, deserving of many prints with just one, or deserving and receiving prints left, right and center, that I should just give up!"

I reckon I feel like this about 50% of the time, the other 50% of the time I look at the stuff and think "wow, that's inspiring me to try harder and do better"

The trouble is I have no control over it. Some days I'm inspired, other days depressed by it! (sometimes over the same piece of work!) I realise this makes me sound a bit bi-polar but I think perhaps it just makes me sound human? right?

Always remember, there's hope for anyone

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

hahahah :)

it just makes you human, Chay. I feel the same way, half and half. Just wait for the good half to come along and then draw draw draw!!!!

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

wait for it to pass.... look at other people's cool art, that always inspires me in the end. Focus on how making art makes you feel. I really believe the most successful designs are those we didn't make trying to be great artists, but trying to express what makes us happy or excited about life.

amaara

lolll, what an awkward interview

melmike said:
Always remember, there's hope for anyone

me toy pattern was declined :( I had a feeling it would be, ohhh well

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

hahahah it is a super awkward interview!!!

why was it declined? copyright? whut?

amaara

someone needs to defend hamburgers

celandinestern said:

hahahah it is a super awkward interview!!!

why was it declined? copyright? whut?

yup, not enough parody. I especially think its that drawing of a furby.hrmmmm. I had a feeling, but it was really good drawing practice for me anyway, plus I had a reason to try out your pattern-making method!

worked really well, this was definitely the most intricate pattern I've ever managed.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

That interview was painful to watch, but she seems like a cool person. :-)

Stinks that you get declined, amaara. :-( Are you going to try anything else, or maybe take out the furby?

Chay, draw inspiration from others but don't get yourself into a slump by comparing yourself to them. My tumblr feed is always a constant source of inspiration, but also a "This person is amazing and a genius and I wish I could be like that." but you have to tell yourself that it isn't a very productive way of thinking. :-) We're our own worst critics.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni
amaara said:

someone needs to defend hamburgers

celandinestern said:

hahahah it is a super awkward interview!!!

why was it declined? copyright? whut?

yup, not enough parody. I especially think its that drawing of a furby.hrmmmm. I had a feeling, but it was really good drawing practice for me anyway, plus I had a reason to try out your pattern-making method!

worked really well, this was definitely the most intricate pattern I've ever managed.

well that's something at least :) glad it worked for you!!!

yeah, we can't all be the best in the universe. What I always tell myself when I get daunted by amazing artwork is that hey, not even Mathiole and Silverqe get a print with every single sub, and other people besides them do end up getting printed. So that's something :) We can't all be the best, we don't need to all be the best. Just keep on truckin' :D

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni
celandinestern said:

wait for it to pass.... look at other people's cool art, that always inspires me in the end. Focus on how making art makes you feel. I really believe the most successful designs are those we didn't make trying to be great artists, but trying to express what makes us happy or excited about life.

I couldn't agree with this more. Chay, don't ever worry about being the best artist a) because by definition there's no such thing, art being subjective and all, and b) the old tenet rings true, as good as you get, there will always be someone better. Just have fun with it and try your best to transfer that fun onto the tee.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

^ I agree. Chay, the universe is infinite! What's the sense of be the best on this tiny planet?

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

Well platypies, I've done! Use my link to add the card to your profile, so you'll see the stats update in real time on each level :)

Page:
  1. 1 ...
  2. 43
  3. 44
  4. 45
  5. 46
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. 50
  10. 51
  11. ... 86
No account?
Join Us