The Minimalism Challenge (Post your ideas/progress here!)

Create a design using simple shapes, less lines and half the halftones.

The Minimalism Challenge began after Threadless community member Ryder Doty created a series called “Threadless Minimalism” showcasing various community members in their most minimal form. From there a challenge was born that captured the creativity and ingenuity of Threadless artists around the globe. Now, in its fourth year, the Minimalism Challenge is back!

How much can you say using as little as possible? Strip an idea down to bare bones without losing the concept. You’ll be surprised how little you really need!

The Challenge is LIVE!

Go Here to Submit!

Feel free to post your WIP images or your final sub links here so we can see the awesomeness!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Great stuff so far everyone!

Always a fun challenge, love seeing what people come up with

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
Ryder Revolution said:

just subbed this remake

I'm working on a jaws one too! This is a pretty high bar though.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:
Ryder Revolution said:

just subbed this remake

I'm working on a jaws one too! This is a pretty high bar though.

can't wait to see what you come up with dude! you're the man

Montro
Montro profile pic Alumni

So much good work! I hope we see lots of prints from this comp. Anyway, here's my first attempt. It's called "Anticipation" and it's an out-of-season concept. Is it xmas yet?!!

thepapercut
Montro said:

So much good work! I hope we see lots of prints from this comp. Anyway, here's my first attempt. It's called "Anticipation" and it's an out-of-season concept. Is it xmas yet?!!

This is freaking awesome.

thepapercut
jodabaum said:

Thanks Ryder!

I also mocked it up on a back pack!

I didn't notice the cursor til now, nice touch.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Just sent this for approval.

Loving ghost house! There are some bad ass subs to this challenge, really enjoying this one!

hisartwork
hisartwork profile pic Alumni

New WIP. critiques welcomed! this idea may have been done many times in various ways, but what do you all think? Im thinking of having less film sticking out, and just a small portion of the picture frame sticking out, just enough space for the sad smile. IDK.

Tentative titles: "tough times in a digital world" "Negative"

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Some excellent work here. Love Explore Your Options, Anchor Points, Get to Chopper . . . to many to list. Good stuff.

rayze

soon as i get back from vacation im definitely gunna submit some designs!! These are great so far

TheArtistDude
Haasbroek said:

Is this worth submitting?

$55555555555555555!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

Idea I had about a year ago called Mondrian Mime Catcher. Initial idea was way different but thought this rework of it would fit in with the challenge given that it's based on Mondrian. Just something for fun, now it's outta my head and I can move on :)

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

So much minimalism greatness going on, i am stoked to score each and everyone of your most excellent designs

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?
Join Us