Close
One second...

The Minimalism Challenge (Post your ideas/progress here!)

Create a design using simple shapes, less lines and half the halftones.

The Minimalism Challenge began after Threadless community member Ryder Doty created a series called “Threadless Minimalism” showcasing various community members in their most minimal form. From there a challenge was born that captured the creativity and ingenuity of Threadless artists around the globe. Now, in its fourth year, the Minimalism Challenge is back!

How much can you say using as little as possible? Strip an idea down to bare bones without losing the concept. You’ll be surprised how little you really need!

The Challenge is LIVE!

Go Here to Submit!

Feel free to post your WIP images or your final sub links here so we can see the awesomeness!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni
Ryder Revolution said:

Great!

Here's my second sub

that is really goooood! I'm working on some ideas and finding out I do indeed suck at minimalism.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
celandinestern said:

that is really goooood! I'm working on some ideas and finding out I do indeed suck at minimalism.

haha thanks! minimalism tends to be more difficult than people think. but i'm sure you can do it!

hisartwork
hisartwork profile pic Alumni

ANCHOR POINTS

Already got some good feedback from you all on this one. Just wanted to see if theres anything else im missing before I submit! Thanks!

celandinestern

I agree, green on white is killer.

Minimalism is harrrrrrd. I'm afraid of it. I have drawn a bunch of crap and will now proceed to show it to you. I don't know if any of it actually counts. It doesn't actually look like 'proper' minimalism. I dunno. This is all a scary foreign place for me.

I have names for each of them but you guys tell me if you can even tell what they're supposed to be.

celandinestern
Ryder Revolution said:

Here's my 3rd one

hahahah that is super adorable but I don't get it?

hisartwork
hisartwork profile pic Alumni
Ryder Revolution said:

i'm really liking the green one on white now... that looks so stylish

Yeah, the one on blue feels a bit more adolescent. Thanks!

celandinestern
Ryder Revolution said:

Octopus in Boots.... like... y'know, puss in boots...

ooo bahahahahaha that is extremely clever now that you've had to spell it out for me :D Sorry, it's been a long and sucky day at work.

I love him.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Got this I'm working on. Idea is about how with all the new tech, we unwillingly, or almost,end spying on ourselves and giving up personal data, like location etc. Any thoughts?

celandinestern
v.calahan said:

Got this I'm working on. Idea is about how with all the new tech, we unwillingly, or almost,end spying on ourselves and giving up personal data, like location etc. Any thoughts?

I think he's even more menacing without arms.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

it's kind of hard to tell that that's earth... maybe put it on a black shirt?

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
BeanePod said:

Next WIP: -23.4 Based on the Earth's current Axial tilt

Thoughts? Colors? Meh? Had a longitude and latitude grid but it seemed a bit much....I dunno.

Oh brother that's nice! I'm kind of a space nerd so I LOVE IT!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
Ryder Revolution said:

it's kind of hard to tell that that's earth... maybe put it on a black shirt?

yeah, kind of had that thought too...prob give black and navy a go in a bit. might try the grid again too. thanks :)

and yay space nerds!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
mechanicalrobotpower said:

Some awesome subs are coming out of this, thanks RR!!

thank YOU all!

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
Ryder Revolution said:

Great!

Here's my second sub

Perfect!!

Chayground

Here are my minimalism efforts so far :) Not sure I'm going in the right direction with this challenge, but I'm enjoying the journey anyway!

These ones are subbed but awaiting approval

1. Back to the Future.
  2. Star Trek TNG.
  3. Lord of the Rings
  4. Indiana Jones
  5. Breaking Bad
  6. Starfleet Uniforms (all 5 TV series)

Chayground

Here are a couple in progress. Not sure what to do with the animal skull / pistol one And not sure which rattle one to go with (I guess "a" is more minimalist?)

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

okay....next sub is pending. tried it w/ black, navy but after getting shouted down by several peeps i went back to blue jean (which was a tad bit darker than my initial background)

anyhoo, here goes....

thepapercut

Love this challenge, and now understand why it keeps making a return. So many fantastic designs come out. First one of many I'm submitting. Spot On:

celandinestern
JIMDAHOUSECAT said:

just subbed mine....

'Loose Lips'

(sink ships)

love it!!!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
melmike said:

holy shit these are some awesome designs

that's why this is my favorite yearly challenge

Chayground

It's so much fun getting ideas as pure as possible, and very satisfying to be able to create 4 or 5 in a day, rather than one a week!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?
Join Us