Close
One second...

Air Guitar - less than 1 day to reach 200

Less than a day left of voting and I need to reach 200 scores.
Less than 200 is just meagre. It's paltry. It's just plain poor.

Anyone else remember the days when everything, good and bad, got over 2000 votes? What's happened?
Show me some love here... or hate - I don't mind - I just want to reach 200 votes.
Thanks

subbed

detail on grey

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

2 works for me. Ask NordicThunder's input for the kinds of faces he makes when he's winning air guitar championships.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I love the textures and colours, the clouds are really well done. I can't help but feel that its a little plain, but I can't quite think what other elements you could add to the scene to give it more variety. I think its needs some birds or a hot air balloon or a an aeroplane. I think if you're going to have some face on the moon then just go all out for the cute face in #1.

pweye
pweye profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:

I love the textures and colours, the clouds are really well done. I can't help but feel that its a little plain, but I can't quite think what other elements you could add to the scene to give it more variety. I think its needs some birds or a hot air balloon or a an aeroplane. I think if you're going to have some face on the moon then just go all out for the cute face in #1.

You've got a point. A different colour somewhere would be good. A hot air balloon would be the obvious choice but maybe a bit distracting... I give it some thought.

Abstract Matter

1 is the most Threadless, if that's what you're going for :P

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

I actually would love this with a faceless moon, there's no need for it.

gabras

2 for me, very funny!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I personally like 2 but I think 1 is most Thread friendly/most likely to print. Great concept and execution by the way.

Demented
Demented profile pic Alumni

That's pretty damn cool. Actually almost done with a collab with Frickinawesome that we've worked on for quite a while now (actually I'm just slow), which has the same title. Idea is different enough though :)

pweye
pweye profile pic Alumni
kuro_te said:

2 works for me. Ask NordicThunder's input for the kinds of faces he makes when he's winning air guitar championships.

I have just been familiarising myself with Nordic Thunder's work and the the guy is truly a legend. Inspirational stuff. I might take this whole thing in a more stormy direction.

Zai Alam

Awesome design concept. I personally like 4.

I was thinking maybe if you did some more detailed texture work and add some craters, cracks and contours to the surface of the moon to give the impression of a face formation?

I really dig this design becuase it reminds me of the moon in Majora's Mask.

kazualtee

I agree with melmike, moon with the simple face seems out of place. I'd say do the face with the clouds

pweye
pweye profile pic Alumni

Thanks for all the comments so far. I have taken this a different direction. Less summer afternoon - more heavy metal thunder with a hint of Randy Savage aka Macho Man. There was something missing before but thanks to the comments I think I'm back on track.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

I see Hulk Hogan more than I see Savage (even with the glasses.) However, that's beside the point. What I MOST see is that this is pretty great.

FoodStampDavis

I might suggest doing away with the glasses just so the image is 100% clouds and lightning. I also prefer the color in V2a

Twiggyhall

haha I totally thought it was Hulk Hogan, too

fun design! :)

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Oh, yeah, brother.

Twiggyhall

yeah, as it currently is, it looks like Hulk for sure :)

pweye
pweye profile pic Alumni
foodstampdavis said:

You're absolutely right! The white moustache, receding hair, musical bent - how could it be anyone else? Will try without glasses too Thanks

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
Twiggyhall said:

yeah, as it currently is, it looks like Hulk for sure :)

Is that a bad thing?

Twiggyhall

I see nothing wrong with the hulk resemblance B{D

FoodStampDavis
BeanePod said:

who are we to say that the hulkster isn't the true god of thunder?

Anybody making that Thor sub? haha

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

Awesome evolution, the Hetfield thing could be promising too...

pweye
pweye profile pic Alumni

Less than 2 days left of voting and I will be lucky to reach 200 scores. That's just meagre. Anyone else remember the days when everything, good and bad, got over 2000 votes? What's happened? Show me some love here... or hate - I don't mind - I just want to reach 200 votes. Thanks

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us