Close
One second...

Forest WIP, feedback appreciated!

Update:

so I'm working on this for the music for relief challenge, its about halfway done
heres where I am, and a couple details
I have the entire back to finish, as well as cleaning up the animals, and fixing that fawns expression :/ lol I've never painted animals before, so its been a really good experience for me so far, and I'm quite enjoying the process of figuring it out. :)
I'd appreciate any critiques, especially while I'm still in the painting stage and can fix it up

here is how I will probably place it, but the balance may change when I finish, so not set on it

Watch this
j4osh

The tree looks flat from left side like its be cut out or something but other then that you design looks great :) can you please critique on mine?

amaara

yeh, was working with the edge of the paper, didn't estimate it right before lol I'll probably paint some leaves and add it in PS after thanks! and sure :)

j4osh said:

The tree looks flat from left side like its be cut out or something but other then that you design looks great :) can you please critique on mine?

amaara

not seeing a thread, link it?

j4osh said:

amaara

Insta-closeup

amaara
chuck p comics said:

respect

goliath72 said:

Awesome

thanks!!

anyone have anything that you think may be off? I'm gonna start painting for the day, and hopeeefully finish today :)

amaara

update!

amaara

oh forgot to say, update, plus my layout sketch and notes I did prior :)

TheArtistDude

I love this design! Bright and elegant. I would have to agree though with the others though that I really don't dig the tree on the left side being cut off like that.

ChrisDB

This looks really great!

amaara

thanks so much! but feel free to rip it apart lol

ndough said:

Look awesome

ChrisDB said:

This looks really great!

TheArtistDude said:

I love this design! Bright and elegant. I would have to agree though with the others though that I really don't dig the tree on the left side being cut off like that.

Akaka said:

It looks very pretty!

evyc said:

beautiful job. Yeah you will have to fix where the paper ends and your tree is all bunched up

a quickie mockup of where I am so far (with a few leaves added on the left)

amaara

thank you! :)

Christina.A.art said:

Cute :)

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Awesome work! Adorable little nature scene.

AJ666

it looks sooo pretty

amaara

AJ666 said:

it looks sooo pretty

macdoodle said:

Awesome work! Adorable little nature scene.

Sir Paint-a-Lot

This is an amazing painting! :O my only concern is how well people are going to take to it as a t-shirt personally I would find the colours quite intense (but that might just be me) also I think the grey works better than the blue but again thats just my preference, keep going its really good you can play around with the design on photoshop afterwards

amaara

thanks :) yeh, I was worried a bit about it being just too much, there are quite a bit of tiny details :/ hrmm I may have to do a second entry lol

I thought maybe blue, to represent the sky as well I tried a green as well, but wayyyy too intense lol, maybe just white?

Def have some editing to do after :)

Sir Paint-a-Lot said:

This is an amazing painting! :O my only concern is how well people are going to take to it as a t-shirt personally I would find the colours quite intense (but that might just be me) also I think the grey works better than the blue but again thats just my preference, keep going its really good you can play around with the design on photoshop afterwards

amaara

hrmm, didnt think abt trying those.

the entire time I was working with the intention of a light blue, but now I'm confused lol.

I do think the white is too....white lol. The painting is so busy, I'm finding it hard to pair with a colour, all greens were terrible,

thanks, I will def try those out! :)

Sir Paint-a-Lot

Maybe blues good then i dont know, also you've fleshed the tree out more on the side but I would go more still and make the patches of leaves rounded as the line's still quite clear.

Also one idea to make the design fill the tshirt, it may not work.. you could have the current design lower down and fill the top of the tshirt with different birds flying in the sky. It could make the whole thing look too crowded though, or you could blow up the design to cover the whole tshirt that probably wouldn't work though Good Luck anyhow (btw could you critique my design as well i need the help! link-> http://www.threadless.com/play/forum/post/973694/ive_worked_on_the_lines_and_this_is_how_it_looks_see_bottom_any_more_changes_or_views_thanks/ )

No account?
Join Us