Close
One second...

Drawing things being a Muslim

Hi Threadless peeps,

I was just wondering how many people knew it is not permitted to draw humans and animals for profit, or otherwise (unless for educational purposes) if your religion is Islam (like mine is). IT IS TRUE!!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
amaara

draw objects or plants

do imaginary creatures count? like unicorns and dragons and monsters?

hm087ster

Objects and plants are ok. Unicorns are horses with a horn so no. The others I guess are also no...

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Draw what you want, you're not hurting anyone.

hm087ster

I wish, but here is what the prophet of Islam Muhammed (pbuh) said -

“The most severely punished of the people on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers.”

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Hmmmm- do anthropomophic objects count- like an apple with arms and legs, for instance? If a person/animal is unavoidable you could try to do a collaboration with someone else. Could you edit someone else's drawing or do you need to stay clear of those images?

[+duracell-]

hmm, wonder what the reasoning behind that is?

unaifg

Then the only way out is avoiding these characters. Anyway, I'm sure your next works will be amazing!

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

That's so interesting. I never knew that. Is that why there is so much trouble for artists that depict Allah in drawings?

hm087ster

@Pyne I'm actually contacting a scholar about things like apple with arms. I think that maybe ok.

@[+duracell-] The reasoning is that he (the imagemaker) is equalling himself to God. On the Day of Judgement the imagemaker will be told to breathe life into what he has made. (when he can't then it's the highway to hell).

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
hm087ster said:

“The most severely punished of the people on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers.”

You are not making you are drawing. Sorry about sculptors thou. Seriously, I believe in God but not in religions, too many extra rules.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I feel like maybe it's taken a bit outta context? I feel like image-makers is someone making an image to advertise and promote and imprint false idols into someones mind?

hm087ster

@macdoodle Probably

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
alexmdc said:

I feel like maybe it's taken a bit outta context? I feel like image-makers is someone making an image to advertise and promote and imprint false idols into someones mind?

Blasphemy!

Leave the Catholic Church out of this, LOL

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Hmm it looks like you've drawn a lion and zebra already.

hm087ster

@JordanLBender: I have. HA. Not trying to be hypocrit though. Repenting is the only way out (never to do again).

unaifg

What's done is done. Don't worry man

hm087ster

Everything we do in this life will have to be accounted for!

hm087ster

So I have to worry...what do others believe?

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I bet my profile picture was pretty shocking?

(that's not me, btw)

I don't really believe anything.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
3 designs submitted - Score now!

but also if you feel very strongly about it, then don't do it, why bother even asking

hm087ster

@JordanLBender: ...too say the least!!! (nice illo though)

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

stick to drawing faces on food

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
jeffreyg said:

stick to drawing faces on food

Any REAL god would have a rule on that.

hm087ster

@jeffreyg: Good idea!!!

FoodStampDavis

I hope you're proud of yourself, Jeff.

hm087ster

@foodstampdavis: Since hands, feet,etc cannot live independently these should be ok to draw

hm087ster

@foodstampdavis: unless you are "The Thing"

jeffreyg

lmao

jeffreyg

no drawing faces on any pork products

[+duracell-]

So there are no Islamic craftsman? This is interesting, but strange to me that you can't have art. Can you have furniture?

hm087ster

@[+duracell-]: There should be only those that craft for educational purposes. Yes we can have furniture!

FoodStampDavis

Look, do you really want to live in a heaven that doesn't have drawings of pandas and unicorns or cats or whatever? Do you really want to spend eternity in a place full of drawings of nothing but severed hands and feet? Doesn't sound like much of a heaven to me.

Renounce god.

[+duracell-]

Dang man, those years in art class.. wasted. Ah well, least in got in some phys ed.

taz-pie
foodstampdavis said:

Look, do you really want to live in a heaven that doesn't have drawings of pandas and unicorns or cats or whatever? Do you really want to spend eternity in a place full of drawings of nothing but severed hands and feet? Doesn't sound like much of a heaven to me.

Renounce god.

Oh gosh i laughed so hard, I nearly chocked on my bacon cheeseburger

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I guess Jeff-Hams are totally out of the question then...

PietroPaoloVirdis

It's a pretty stupid rule. You're not allowed to draw an animal for profit, but it's OK to sell the earth's natural resourses, like oil, make a massive profit regardless if the effect is it kills off animals, sometimes entire species.

It makes me wonder if people who came up with all the rules in religions were capable of finding their own arse in a dark room with all mental capacity being spent on controlling other humans with loads of twat.

hm087ster

Profit or no profit, you are not allowed to draw animals or humans fullstop.

FoodStampDavis

Can you draw robots? What about a robot that looks exactly like a human, like a Terminator?

hm087ster

...it's all about the afterlife!!!

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
BeanePod said:

I guess Jeff-Hams are totally out of the question then...

foodstampdavis said:

Hamboner

Ditto

hm087ster

You can draw robots..Like that one from Lost in Space that goes "That does not compute".. No terminators though...

FoodStampDavis
hm087ster said:

You can draw robots..Like that one from Lost in Space that goes "That does not compute".. No terminators though...

It was a trick question, anyway. Robots are super hard to draw. You know what's easy as shit to draw? Hello Kitty.

Renounce god.

hm087ster

Robots aren#'t hard to draw!! Hello Kitty, now that hard!

taz-pie

Are you allowed to be on tv? Because then surely your image is a sin?

Zai Alam
hm087ster said:

Maybe that was aimed at crap artists who couldn't draw properly and wasted valuable time and art materials, because they were scares in the olden days?

hm087ster

Muslims shouldn't even be watching TV (but that another topic for discussion) let alone be on it.

FoodStampDavis
hm087ster said:

Robots aren#'t hard to draw!! Hello Kitty, now that hard!

Well, Hello Kitty is basically a few circles and triangles. I wouldn't call that all that hard.

Unless you mean drawing Hello Kitty is hard because it means you'll spend an infinite number of years burning in the agonizing, white-hot flames of Hell.

In that case, yeah... it's pretty goddamned hard.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us