Close
One second...

Best NES Games

My amazing wife got me this bad boy for Fathers Day

She got me the original Batman NES game to go along with it. It's one my all time fave games with one of the best game soundtracks ever. So far this plays excellent and now I'm thinking of what else I should hunt for? Thinking Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden 2... Suggestions?

Watch this
jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

battletoads is impossible

Musarter
1 design submitted - Score now!

Bionic Commando, Metroid, Contra, Ghosts'n'Goblins (though Ghosts'n'Ghouls on Sega Genesis was way better), original Super Mario brothers. Man I loved all those games back in the day.

I have been considering getting a Sega Genesis for Strider and Ghost'n'Ghouls alone.

tomburns

kid icarus! (aside from super mario bros of course)

also, i second contra! up up down down left right left right b, a, select, start BAM 50 lives

EricKaz

Mega Man 2, the Legend of Zelda, mario 3, and double dragon 2!

wearecareful
wearecareful profile pic Staff

Jeffryg - Nothing is impossible! Well... besides you getting work done.

Bionic Commando and Contra for sure. This portable system plays SNES and you can buy an adaptor for genesis games. It rules.

wearecareful

I actually just beat Mega Man 2 not long ago on the Wii. Mario 3 seems necessary.

Twiggyhall

oh dang, well if it plays SNES, the world is your Metroid :)

Dan Yingling

I have about 120 nes games I'm looking to sell.....just sayin...

[+duracell-]

R.C. Pro-am

Super Dodge Ball

Bad Dudes

Skate or Die

Commando

Blades of Steel

Super Off Road

Kung Fu

Nordic Thunder

Top 5 favorite NES games

Journey to Sillius (also my favorite sound track to any NES game) Little Samson Super Spike Volleyball Crash 'n the Boys Super Mario Brothers

wearecareful

Dan Yingling - Can you list all 120 games in this thread please?

Nordic Thunder
Dan Yingling said:

I have about 120 nes games I'm looking to sell.....just sayin...

What games you tryin' to sell? I'm looking to complete my collection. You might have some games I don't.

[+duracell-]

Dan I give you $50 for your Stadium Events. This good deal. It shit game anyway.

Nordic Thunder

wearecareful-I have some duplicates in my collection if you're looking for games dude

wearecareful

Nordic Thunder - I'm definitely interested let me know what you have available. I'll probably see you Saturday

Nordic Thunder
wearecareful said:

Nordic Thunder - I'm definitely interested let me know what you have available. I'll probably see you Saturday

sounds good dude. i'll try and remember to just bring them with me.

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

Battle Toads for sure!

Dan Yingling

I'll bring them in and you can take a look.

Jaakie201

Solstice, Rush 'n attack, California Games, ... I apologize if these are horrible

Nordic Thunder
EricKaz said:

If you like NES sountracks check out this math rock band called The Advantage, here's a link to them playing Batmans first stage song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXN-p14cg74

I dig the Advantage for sure. Scope out the Mini Bosses!

vanillablue
vanillablue profile pic Staff

Maniac Mansion! Put that hamster in the microwave

Musarter
Jaakie201 said:

Solstice, Rush 'n attack, California Games, ... I apologize if these are horrible

Yes on Rush 'n' Attack. Smash TV for sure too.

Gotta get Genesis adaptor. Some of those games are classic too.

kuro_te

I will cut a Nintendo fanboy just for looking at me wrong. I didn't have a Nintendo growing up, but 'Super Dodgeball' is great fun. I remember there being a TON of flickering in that game, though.

For Super NES / Genesis, 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' is a must.

Thomas Orrow

Does anybody use emulators? I'm going to put lots of ROM's on an old laptop PC I have. I've already got a few N64 games on it and some MAME arcade games too. You can even use a joypad with it. Spiderman (N64), Starfox (N64) Altered Beast (MAME) Goldenaxe (MAME) and TMNT (most emulators) were the favourite ones that I played.

Not sure if the ROMS can damage your PC or Mac, but I used a bunch of different emulators on my PC for a while and everything worked fine. Although, I'd be careful about which sites I'd use.

Thomas Orrow

Best NES games:

Super Mario Bros. 3
ContraContra 1
Mario Bros
100 in 1
Super Mario Bros. Legend of Zelda Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
Megaman 2
Tetris 2Tetris 2 1
ExcitebikeExcitebike 1
PaperboyPaperboy 1
Megaman 3
Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario 7-in-1
Tecmo Super Bowl
Megaman 6
Ice ClimberIce Climber 1
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles
CastlevaniaCastlevania 1
Tetris

olie!

EricKaz
Nordic Thunder said:
EricKaz said:

If you like NES sountracks check out this math rock band called The Advantage, here's a link to them playing Batmans first stage song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXN-p14cg74

I dig the Advantage for sure. Scope out the Mini Bosses!

Hell yeah! I love their mega man 2, castlevania, and the other ones they do. Legend of Zelda > Bible Adventures.

No account?