Close
One second...

Karate with STATS thanks!

Ok, I know I'm hogging up forum space recently, I promise this is the last one for this week. This is my latest piece. I know Type isn't super popular, but some nice people in my last wip encouraged me to dust off the old type skills. Let me know what you think.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni

yeah, keep them coming! not enough designers doing these well here.

littlem

sub it already

johnnysPeter

Who cares how much forum space u take up at least ur work is good. I dig this and i really like the choice of colors.

littlem

all that kicking and junkpunching reminds me of my days, fending off the annoying boys in 1st and 2nd grade.

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni

Really cool dude but I think the bottom type should have more of it's own personality. They look a little too similar. What do you think?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Keep them coming!!!

littlem
dnice25 said:

Really cool dude but I think the bottom type should have more of it's own personality. They look a little too similar. What do you think?

oh good point. maybe it should be same colours but all crazy, curly,spaghetti-like

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Dude....fuck yes on type tees.

I'd say the top half is perfect as is but agree that the bottom needs something to make it "crazy"....great color palette too.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

i love this

jeffreyg

for once

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
dnice25 said:

You might be right there and its given me an idea too, thanks!

Thanks everyone.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

:D type Ts are awesome when done right - this one looks awesome and yes as well on more crazy

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni

can't wait to see!

Twiggyhall

Keep the awesome wips/subs coming, Mr. W :)

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

oh I like this one! great work and keep the WIP blogs coming. :)

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Great type design and colors. I think it could use a pass with some of those magic Wharton texture brushes.

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

looks like you're on a roll!

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

yeah! this is great

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Oh I love this this wippin'!

filiskun
filiskun profile pic Alumni

Love it!

littlem

All I see is Wharton saying, "whip me me me"

And I'm like, "okokok already!"

littlem

Bend over

biernatt
biernatt profile pic Alumni

Having myself a brush with type/lettering designs before I stand in awe being karazee humbled. Frickin' brilliant.

evyc

I haz no type skills.

I'm very jealous :p

Chayground

this is fantastic!

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

this is really great

love the type treatment. and an owen wilson quote is always welcome.. even one from shanghai noon :P

I agree with dnice - the punching in the upper set is brilliant. maybe some crazy eyes? straight jacket? pills? I dunno - also color treatment is solid

Wharton

Wow, thanks everyone! Type appreciation society, plus a celebrity endorsement from Mr Isaboa Joe. I'm playing with a new crazy typeface, its going so-so so far.

Wharton

I didn't realise this was an Owen Wilson quote, I heard it in a James Brown song recently. Is that copying?

P0ckets
P0ckets profile pic Alumni

I would think you're safe with that quote. Wikipedia for shanghai noon says James Brown had it first apparently. If Shanghai Noon can get away with borrowing it, I'm sure you can too!

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

I hate type and type hates me me but you are certainly rocking this one, can't wait to see the finished article*

*rubs his hands in anticipation

pweye
pweye profile pic Alumni

Definitely James Brown - the Payback. This is looking great. It's got a nice retro feel so maybe a bit of texture on the type. And I agree the Karazee could be more crazy. Not sure how though - maybe a add some twists and spiral into the letter shapes... Or a crazy party vibe - streamers party hats etc..

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Loving this... want more

Wharton

Thanks guys, I've got two new type versions of 'Crazy' for your brutal critiquing.

El-Be

I like the first 1

El-Be

...of the new ones

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I like how intricate the first version is, but I think the second one is much easier to read and the composition is nice.

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni

don't know why but i feel like there should be a "Y" in krayzee. and i liked the concentric swirls from earlier. concentric circles feel crazy. so do bug eyes and wagging tongues, but that's tough to do without it looking like hack cartooning...

biernatt
biernatt profile pic Alumni

I like the tangled much more + the pills are totally cool as punches' counterparts. Legibility is just on the brink ;) but it must be karazee, right? - if anything : 1. I'd try not covering the place where upper diagonal stroke of K comes off the stem with the yellow A's stroke and 2. upper bars of E's are covered the same way - I'd uncover at least one of them (the first one I guess) - I know that this little bow to legibility may backfire on word's "krazyness" so it's up to you how you want the balance this thing :) (red pill or blue pill ? :D)

Wharton

Yeah, I had thought about the whole lolling tongue thing and rolling eyes. I might try it on the original draft and make the R's long right leg a tongue shape and pop a few eyes in the R's counter. I'm not sure how well the new typefaces are working out really. I know what you mean about a Y but I wanted to keep the same syllable structure between KA RA TE AND KA RA ZE.

I think the intricate one is a little illegible too, but how do you make a crazy typeface!?

Twiggyhall
TheInfamousBaka said:

I like how intricate the first version is, but I think the second one is much easier to read and the composition is nice.

I agrees

gabras

First (of all 3) still the best for me: second maybe is too much tangled, on the third I don't like really much "karazee" type, too jagged

jeffreyg
gabras said:

First (of all 3) still the best for me: second maybe is too much tangled, on the third I don't like really much "karazee" type, too jagged

littlem
jeffreyg said:
gabras said:

Yeah. Did someone mention googly, loco eyes up there? Something sinple like that?

littlem

Oops *simple.

Freudian slip

Wharton

You've got to love completely skewed opinions in WIPs, I feel like a rabbit in the headlights.

littlem

mmhmm. a rabbit

Wharton

Ok, googly eyes, tongue, spiral bits, crazy pills?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us