Close
One second...

VOTE?

Watch this
El-Be

I like the concept, but not so much the execution. For a start Gollum wouldn't want the ring taken to Mordor (anything but), there are a whole load of other ways it doesn't fit the actual LOTR story (sorry, I'm a major Tolkien geek). Somebody already pointed out it's similarity to a previous design, but to me yours is different enough to stand alone from it, so no worries there (at least as far as I'm concerned). If you are looking for ways to improve it, the answer is pretty simple, better artwork and more consistancy with the LOTR books or films. I hope this helps.

El-Be

I like the concept, but not so much the execution. For a start Gollum wouldn't want the ring taken to Mordor (anything but), there are a whole load of other ways it doesn't fit the actual LOTR story (sorry, I'm a major Tolkien geek). Somebody already pointed out it's similarity to a previous design, but to me yours is different enough to stand alone from it, so no worries there (at least as far as I'm concerned). If you are looking for ways to improve it, the answer is pretty simple, better artwork and more consistancy with the LOTR books or films. I hope this helps.

pixel-monkey

Yea, this wasn't well thought out...I wanted to make it before someone else did so I kinda cut corners on it...do you have any suggestions to fix it? (Besides the artwork, I will fix that) Thanks for your input!

kuro_te

First, don't post promotion threads in the 'General' forum. Use the official Threadless promotion thread. Here's a handy beginner's guide to the forums.

Second, I like the concept, but the lettering could be done better. I like that it appears hand drawn, but with a lack of marker / paper texture, it looks like something done on computer.

El-Be

Your best bet is too read the Gollum parts of LOTR and get the phraseology to sound right, eg. "Elvses" rather than "Elvish" even add extra "S"s to give it a hissy feel. Maybe make the writing scratchier in style. I guess what I'm saying that if Gollum has made this then you need to write like Gollum would.

pixel-monkey

Ok, you are right about the lettering. I need to texture it so it looks like actual paper. I'll also look up some of Gollum's lines from the book to get a better feel of it.
Thanks!

pixel-monkey

by the way, sorry I posted here, didn't realize we aren't supposed to promote designs like this...

No account?