Close
One second...

FRIENDLY FIRE Score: 3.54! Thank you everyone!

Hi there!

Finally FRIENDLY FIRE is up for scoring!

Link to Submission or click the picture

I took these photos to thank all the people who helped me with their ideas and critics across the work process (So, from now on, this is BASED ON TRUE EVENTS!)

Thank you!!!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

It's a cute illustration, but needs more of a concept or joke to make it ready to submit. Keep working on it. Looks good so far.

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

kuro_te's advice is good, i think. you should give him some friends to interact with or something. what's this little guy getting up to in the world? give him a story!

NDTank
NDTank profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

What they said ^

First thing that comes to mind for me is a bunch of unfriendly fire characters doing mischievous fiery things in the background ... and then this guy up front just saying hello.

... or you could have all kinds of them doing good fiery stuff like roasting marshmallows and whatnot.

Love the character though! Best of luck

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

yup you got great style, but you need a theme!

paul nicool

illo is good. need to work on story/concept.

Abilbery

This is a really cute illustration style and start. Playing off of NDTank's idea, what came to my mind would be terrified marshmallows surrounding the friendly and oblivious fire character.

CoinSlotComics

You could go the route of his friendship being unrequited due too what he is. The flame could be offering a hand to shake in friendship to flammable items which recoil from him in fear.

Ri7Li
Ri7Li profile pic Alumni

haha sooo cute but i think the same of others! have you seen my submissions? i think you'll like my style;) :3

taz-pie
Ri7Li said:

haha sooo cute but i think the same of others! have you seen my submissions? i think you'll like my style;) :3

GOD don't be such a whore. stop fucking whoring for votes. GOD.

Ri7Li
Ri7Li profile pic Alumni

i'm not a whore. i think that style is similar to mine, so i said "i think you'll like my style;)" not "go and score!" tsè.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
NDTank said:

What they said ^

First thing that comes to mind for me is a bunch of unfriendly fire characters doing mischievous fiery things in the background ... and then this guy up front just saying hello.

... or you could have all kinds of them doing good fiery stuff like roasting marshmallows and whatnot.

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni
NDTank said:

What they said ^

that idea totally works. Looking foward for this stuff, mr. Unai!

jmeaspls
jmeaspls profile pic Alumni

lol relax

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni
7 designs submitted - Score now!
soloyo said:
NDTank said:

What they said ^

You're jam packed with great ideas man you just fart them out lol

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Awesome style, I like the idea of having other flammable things recoiling as he tries to be all friendly

unaifg

Thank you everybody! That's a bunch of great ideas, i'll try them

angelielle

I second that

Jellyes said:

lol relax

unaifg

Hi there!

I think this maybe gets closer to the idea you were talking about. It's only a sketch, just posted it so you all people could see how it goes.

I will keep posting this and the other ideas you gave me, thank you!!

NDTank
NDTank profile pic Alumni

Haha, I already like it! Keep it up

ourgraphicfaith

LOL..even I had a collab with beanepod that had the same title!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

i think you should do a bunch of marshmallows running away! very cute

CoinSlotComics
unaifg said:<

Hi there!

I think this maybe gets closer to the idea you were talking about. It's only a sketch, just posted it so you all people could see how it goes.

I will keep posting this and the other ideas you gave me, thank you!!

Nice you went the unrequited friendship route. This simple addition really does give the concept more depth & humor.

mxdesign

ahahah it's awesome!! :D

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
ourgraphicfaith said:

LOL..even I had a collab with beanepod that had the same title!

ahahahhaha....much...MUCH better.

that's right, we did call it that :D

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

I agree much better adds more to the concepts with the little marshmellow added lol! Good luck!

cartooner
cartooner profile pic Alumni

I love the fire character!!

MooseFever

I think it's really cute as is. If it got printed on a black shirt, I would definitely buy it. Maybe a little blush on him wouldn't hurt though. :3

Ibod

it's cute, some little words would be nice

Bilberya

Haha awesome. I would wear it on an orange shirt.

thesimplyshit

wow!!! This look great!! Maybe add some texture on it? =)

aphrodite07

I think this is a really cute illustration :) I think it would be more fun to have elements on the background.

angelielle

You did a really good job adding the marshmallow.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I love this as is. Really great work!

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

This is a good progression. I think it would look nice if the fire were larger and closer to the marshmallows, dominating the scene. One Mallow running, another fallen over in fear and another accidentally burnt.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
Ibod said:

it's cute, some little words would be nice

Definitely don't add words! Looks great with the marshmallow, you're on the right track

Day V

It already looks awesome, its a funny and cute design, I think a lot of people will like it :D I wouldn't change too much, maybe add another marshmallow (as Wharton said). Great stuff, can't wait for the submission ;)

unaifg

That's really a good idea Wharton! Thanks again everybody for al the support and comments!

gabras

Great improvement, some other marshmallow and it's done

unaifg

I made a few changes, and added a pair of marsh more, as Wharton said.

What do you think?

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

This is better, I would make the dead one, crisp and charred and the one on fire clutching at some fire on his head (but thats just a personal thing).

The other thing you could do (sorry to be annoying and totally change my mind) is to have the fire and a marshmallow hugging and not caring about being burnt.

unaifg

Haha don't worry Wharton I aprreciate all the ideas ;)

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

Much better, but def try out some of Wharton's suggestions

Also, watch the angles of the marshmallows, especially the one lying down - looks like he's floating

littlem

gosh, i'm hungry for marshmallows now.

hm087ster

How about a confused look on the fires face...

unaifg
hm087ster said:

How about a confused look on the fires face...

But he's running away, we can't see his face...

hm087ster

No, confused look on the 'friendly fires' face (he can't understand why everyone is running away)

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

I like Wharton's idea of having the dead marshmallow being charred.

Also, what if instead of a fire and marshmallows it was two pigs and they were having sex?

No... no... just stick with what Wharton said, on second thought.

hm087ster

...but then again, it would defeat the purpose of the title of the design if the 'friendly fire' looked confused. Hmmm...

unaifg
hm087ster said:

No, confused look on the 'friendly fires' face (he can't understand why everyone is running away)

Ohmmm ok!!!! I misread the comment, haha!

I'll try it, then. I would like to see all the possibilities before submitting it to be sure of making this the best I can. I like it with the happy face, to me it seems more innocent or a "dumb-good" little firey : D

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

Definitely keep the happy face. Dumb friendly guy totally works for this.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us