Close
One second...

CLOSE UP OF FLAMING LIPS SUB...

here's a bigger version of my latest Flaming Lips sub...

Watch this
Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

right click on your mouse and it'll allow you to 'View Image'...

Mr Rocks

bumpty dumpty

Goldendust

Nice work! There is a lot of badly drawn weird stuff in the running, but this is neither of those things.

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Your first entry for the challenge is one of my two favorites. Another kiwi submitted my other favorite design. This is also awesome with a totally different feel.

Mr Rocks

HA! Thanks Kimby..nut this is a little weird don't you think? :)

Mr Rocks

and thanks kuro-te. The other kiwi's still in front. :)

Mr Rocks

thanks Josh, and congrats on the recent print. You got some quality subs, bout time you got printed. Ironically, I listened to The Flaming Lips War Pigs cover yesterday!

Mr Rocks

and thanks Nik. yours is still a real contender.

tronbeardsley
tronbeardsley profile pic Alumni

amazing work on both of these dude

ourgraphicfaith
ourgraphicfaith profile pic Alumni

This just send bright explosions into the back of my brain. Wow.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

wwhooaaa so good

littlem

love it, blair! amazing work, as usual

Mr Rocks

Thanks Shawn, i like you latest sub. Tight work. Cyriac..HA! Thats what I wanted to do. :) Jeff, Alex and Annie...cheers people, means a lot.

Steve..thanks. Although I am not a big fan of the DTG boobie prize royalkty scheme.. if this is what you mean by both winning. My main motivation is to get my work in front of the powers that be, maybe get some gig poster work. If this did win the big prize, that would be a bonus.

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni
Mr Rocks said:

Thanks Shawn, i like you latest sub. Tight work. Cyriac..HA! Thats what I wanted to do. :) Jeff, Alex and Annie...cheers people, means a lot.

Steve..thanks. Although I am not a big fan of the DTG boobie prize royalkty scheme.. if this is what you mean by both winning. My main motivation is to get my work in front of the powers that be, maybe get some gig poster work. If this did win the big prize, that would be a bonus.

Is this what happens to runners-up in a design challenge? They get a contract with reduced compensation on DTG prints? Never knew that's how it worked. Interesting.

Mr Rocks
kuro_te said:

Is this what happens to runners-up in a design challenge? They get a contract with reduced compensation on DTG prints? Never knew that's how it worked. Interesting.

Yeah, it varies, and I am not an expert on this. But usually 10-20% of sales. I am unsure if you have to sign away 100% of the rights on the DTG stuff either.

Mr Rocks

thanks Dan....I think its tanking.gone form 10th on the first page of average score to page 2.

gabras

Is really brilliant! WOW!

Mr Rocks

Thanks Gabrielle.

Mr Rocks

bumping..

dampa
dampa profile pic Alumni

this is awesome!

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Awesome work, It has so much good going on, ..I didn't notice the skull guys with the keyhole masks at first.. definitely a feast for the eyes that pays off more than once.

Mr Rocks said:

My main motivation is to get my work in front of the powers that be, maybe get some gig poster work.

This is definitely a great point! ..I really wanted to get some cool work in front of Wayne and crew, and any of their representative representatives.

Mr Rocks

Thanks Dan and Danmir.

Stacy: thanks. Glad you found the 'look and look again' effect I wanted to get across. RE: poster work. Yeah, fingers crosssed. Worse case scenario is now I have a kick ass portfolio piece. With a run of Threadless Music comps, I'll have a mini portfolio of unpublished gig posters. :)

Mr Rocks

Bumping...

Mr Rocks

thanks Perry

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Incredible work!! I would buy this.

Mr Rocks

Cheers John.

Mr Rocks

Ha! Thanks Chris...I think. :)

Mr Rocks

Thanks Daniel.

Mr Rocks

cheers all, and thanks to those you who voted. Last day..fingers crossed.

littlem

eyes crossed

No account?
Join Us