Close
One second...

A little suggestion for Threadless

Greetings, Threadlings!

Just thinking out loud here.

FACT: Giving your competition a low score increases your own chances to win.

FACT: Some designers are compelled to do just that. You know who you are.

A logical suggestion:

The designers whose submissions are actively scoring at the moment, shouldn't be able to score others' submissions. Or their scores shouldn't count towards the final. This way the voting will be fair and impartial, and your average scores will be much higher.

Agreed?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

also down voting is something done by bad artists with no confidence..... the great artists tend to not have time to vote at all as the are busy drawing or working.

Motherhacker
biotwist said:

also down voting is something done by bad artists with no confidence..... the great artists tend to not have time to vote at all as the are busy drawing or working.

Amen.

Wolfgang8885

Aww I missed the climax of this discussion. Well anyway, I vote 1s if theyre ugly. My average is not high either, but I am not down voting at all. There are a lot of ugly designs on here, and there are also many good ones. I vote honestly. The voting is a great idea and works well in the design world. Any piece of art will be critiqued no matter what.

evyc

A 4.00 Average?!?!?!?! Either your giving really shitty designs high scores, or your only voting on really nice ones and skipping the crappy ones.

You do realize anything above a 3 is considered a pretty decent score right? So 4's and 5's should only be handed out to designs that blow you away or are really REALLY well done (even if you yourself might not buy it).

That's how I vote anyway. My average is a 2 and I've handed out quite a few 4's and 5's. I've just handed out a lot more 1's and 2's. I've also helped quite a few designs get printed. Your page says you've helped 0 designs get printed. So those high scores your giving out to bad designs isn't helping anyone.

I also would never down vote. I have 3 entries in the Flaming Lips Contest and I've handed out several 5's that are not my own designs. I helped a few Foster The People designs get printed and I had an entry in that contest. (It failed miserably)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
ProjectENDO said:

yet I'm still getting shut down with almost a 3 out of 5 on several of my designs.

i looked at the 2.9 design that melmike linked. It's good, I liked it, I would have given it a 4 maybe, but am I surprised it didn't print? not really. that's doesn't mean i would have been surprised if it did print, it's just that I see a lot more better stuff that makes me go "why the hell didn't that print" - this is good, possibly good enough imo, but not a sure fire thing.

And really, if we were all looking for reasons to be aggrieved... I have seven 3+ scores from this year alone, some way over the 2.9 mark that irks you so, but no prints from them. Do I care? A little, but it's certainly not a personal crusade against me.

gabras

I see the point, Motherhacker, but I agree with you at 30% Yes, downvoting is a shit, but you can't prevent people who have submissed to vote in that 7 (or more, in the challenges) days the other designs. I don't think this hits the point at all. Then, as Jordan sayd, scores don't really matter (a lot, I mean). Yes, scores give Thredless an idea on what is more appealing to "average" people, but as someone noticed, this doesn't mean that a 2.3 design is not printable and a 3.2 absolutly is! Voting for only the design you like is no useful than downvoting! Both don't give a realistic ruling on what is up for score!

taz-pie

Listen you idiot. I know you are new here, but I have been around for 8 fucking years. I used to vote on everything, when zero was an option. I stopped voting a couple of years back. AND AND AND I don't give one flying fuck what you think about my average. It is MY fucking opinion. Why should I vote like you and never help anything get printed? Wht is the fucking point of patting everyone on the back? This is not kindergarten you moron. You are not a special snowflake. Grow a pair.

taz-pie

And don't fucking call me sweetie.

Motherhacker
taz-pie said:

Listen you idiot. I know you are new here, but I have been around for 8 fucking years. I used to vote on everything, when zero was an option. I stopped voting a couple of years back. AND AND AND I don't give one flying fuck what you think about my average. It is MY fucking opinion. Why should I vote like you and never help anything get printed? Wht is the fucking point of patting everyone on the back? This is not kindergarten you moron. You are not a special snowflake. Grow a pair.

I love you too!

Twiggyhall

hahahahahaha I need to find the Taz blog and add this.... :)

taz-pie

motherhacker dude can we start over? I try to be brutally honest, and i try not to be mean. Please don't take my opinions on designs as if they are an attack on who a person is. I would rather be honest than kiss ass, you know? I would ALWAYS want honesty rather than 'being nice'... you know what i mean? The truth is i love this place. I am fiercely loyal to threadless and my friends here. I talk to you guys every day. I love you all. (Except for that weird 555Yolandi dude from a while ago. He was a creep.)

Motherhacker
taz-pie said:

motherhacker dude can we start over? I try to be brutally honest, and i try not to be mean. Please don't take my opinions on designs as if they are an attack on who a person is. I would rather be honest than kiss ass, you know? I would ALWAYS want honesty rather than 'being nice'... you know what i mean? The truth is i love this place. I am fiercely loyal to threadless and my friends here. I talk to you guys every day. I love you all. (Except for that weird 555Yolandi dude from a while ago. He was a creep.)

Okay! But I insist on calling you "sweetie". Deal?

taz-pie

nooooooo

Ok ok it's fine. As long as you don't mind being called snugglebuttmuffin.

Motherhacker
taz-pie said:

nooooooo

Snugglebuttmuffin and proud. Handshake. Now go give my submission a 5 :) (you know - even if you've already voted 1, you can re-vote)

taz-pie

BAHAHAHA!!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

nooooooo

Snugglebuttmuffin would make a great Adventure Time character or Threadless sub.

Motherhacker

Keep your dirty paws off Snugglebuttmuffin (c). That's my next submission. A collab with sweetie-Taz-Pie.

Twiggyhall

Taz really is the best <3

and yay, you, for rollin' with the punches, motherbuttmuffins...you will prolly do just fine here :)

Motherhacker
Twiggyhall said:

Taz really is the best <3

and yay, you, for rollin' with the punches, motherbuttmuffins...you will prolly do just fine here :)

A little thread-hazing, ha? Is Sweetie-Taz the best you can do? :)

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

this buttmuffin talk making me hungry....is it 5 yet???

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us