Close
One second...

Am I Bad?

I don't buy any christmas gifts. I didn't last year either but blamed it on my rough year, and it honestly was - heartbreaking. Least to say. This year though, it has been different.

This year I am just being bad. Three more days, I might still cave in, and I hope I will do.

Watch this
adsf

i dont buy gifts mainly becuase i dont have a job. its a good excuse.

Jennifuhrer

yea, u sound cheap

pushbackplease

You can just fake being one of those people against the "commercialization" of Christmas.

Haaaallriiiight!

pean

Questions is, do you really need an excuse?

I have a job, so I can't really go with that one..

pean

It's not about the money. And it's not about commercialization.

pushbackplease

No, of course not.
I was just saying that's something you could say so people won't ask you more silly questions.

kidaro

Buying presents for other adults is kinda silly, unless you really want to. I've made it clear to people that I don't intend on giving or receiving any gifts. I like giving gifts, but I dislike traditions that doesn't really make sense. Christmas is rather nonsensical as a whole, except for the kids. Let's pool all our gift money for the kids. And by kids I mean under 18.

pean

I decided to by my parents a little something after all.

little g
little g profile pic Alumni

Buy me something too! jk

good to get your mom and dad something at least ;)

Jennifuhrer

so, what did ya get them?

MeLa de Gypsie

I can give you my address if you're still feeling generous!!!

JenniferLynn714

I didn't buy much this year either. I'm really not in the Christmas-y mood - for various reasons. I'm tired of people asking me what I want for Christmas, because I really don't want or need anything. People are trying to squeeze ideas out of me and I'm trying to do the same for my parents and brother...just because its the thing to do...obviously it doesn't mean THAT much to us if we have to think that hard.

Plus I'm broke. Basically, I'm Scrooge I suppose.

deboraborialis

Present giving is th best bit about Christmas. I love chosing just the right thing for each person, and then seeing them haapy when they open it up. I've had the toughest two years of my life, and my friends have been so good to me throughout. I like to give a little something back to them. You sound little bit like the grinch ;)

No account?
Join Us