Close
One second...

Threadless Tumblr Curse

I was lucky enough to have my design posted on the Threadless Tumblr. What I'm wondering is if being featured increases or decreases the likelihood of being printed. I casually went through several pages, trying to find designs that were featured and printed, and could only find one.

Granted, my search wasn't exhaustive, but is this like the Madden Curse?

Watch this
Musarter
1 design submitted - Score now!

I think being featured adds positive votes but it does not necessarily turn into a print. I was on there a couple times and people saw my work that would not usually search it out. I think that is a positive thing. I am not sure about a print curse but I do know what Threadless print is totally unpredictable 85% of the time.

nickv47

couldn't tell ya. doesn't hurt I'd imagine.

kuro_te

Yeah, I just wondered if there was any positive correlation between getting featured and being printed. Looks like it's still a crap shoot.

I guess I shouldn't quit my day job.

Wolfgang8885

Wouldn't that be nice...

Andreas Mohacsy

i've been featured a fair few times but NONE of those have ever printed...

not sure if they got me any followers or attention either but guess you never know when one will:)

mechanicalrobotpower

I've been featured a few times, ..and it has resulted in not much so far, ..I got a sweeeeeet 13,000+ notes on a thing though!

soloyo-collabs

Just be happy your design got posted

kuro_te

I recently started using Tumblr to help promote my designs, so I have no sense of scale when it comes to numbers of reblogs and stuff. But 13,000 of anything sounds like a metric crap-ton.

And I AM happy that my design was featured, but baby's gotta eat. That and I was curious if there was any sort of reliable metric for determining what Threadless prints.

mechanicalrobotpower

Let's all make a pact, to break this curse, ..and one of us get feautered, score well, and print. Deal?

JIMDAHOUSECAT

My designs have been posted on their official page twice. The first design didn't get many notes and votes because it was below par. However my latest design got loads of notes. I do believe that getting my highest score (last submission) had something to do with the Tumblr exposure. Not sure if I will get a print from the design but I got a lot of satisfaction from people re-blogging the design. Even if you don't get a print the Tumblr thing is great because you may get more followers.

mechanicalrobotpower
JIMDAHOUSECAT said:

My designs have been posted on their official page twice. The first design didn't get many notes and votes because it was below par. However my latest design got loads of notes. I do believe that getting my highest score (last submission) had something to do with the Tumblr exposure. Not sure if I will get a print from the design but I got a lot of satisfaction from people re-blogging the design. Even if you don't get a print the Tumblr thing is great because you may get more followers.

I've definitely gained followers from it

JIMDAHOUSECAT

Yeah one billion of them, haha. I'm going to use Tunblr more only started using it about 3/4 months ago.

mechanicalrobotpower

Nothing has gained me more followers than my current pokemon project, ..and even though i'm taking a break from it, I'll wake up to hundreds of new notes on one of them and a new batch of followers.

kuro_te
JIMDAHOUSECAT said:

Yeah one billion of them, haha. I'm going to use Tunblr more only started using it about 3/4 months ago.

Same here. Most of Tumblr is still a mystery to me. I should work on a custom theme like all the cool kids have.

I think the only follower I picked up was Gebe. But I'm also really uptight about reblogging stuff and only post my own work.

mechanicalrobotpower
kuro_te said:
JIMDAHOUSECAT said:

Same here. Most of Tumblr is still a mystery to me. I should work on a custom theme like all the cool kids have.

I think the only follower I picked up was Gebe. But I'm also really uptight about reblogging stuff and only post my own work.

I've only ever reblogged things that are mine that someone else has posted.

Wolfgang8885
mechanicalrobotpower said:

Nothing has gained me more followers than my current pokemon project, ..and even though i'm taking a break from it, I'll wake up to hundreds of new notes on one of them and a new batch of followers.

What POKEMON prject???

JIMDAHOUSECAT

my Tumblr is on my profile page. follow me and I will follow you

ourgraphicfaith

Kuro-Te : Off Topic, Is there an email ID I can contact you on? Sorry for bumping like this off topic...plus its always good to be featured on Threadless Tumblr!

kuro_te
mechanicalrobotpower said:

I've only ever reblogged things that are mine that someone else has posted.

Okay. I'm not doing it wrong then.

Ourgraphicfaith, I updated my Threadless profile with my contact info.

Morkki

My tumblr entry for I've Seen Brighter Days got reblogged by Threadless and then it was printed

TheInfamousBaka

I've been featured twice and printed 0 times... isn't working for me. I think it's another way for them to get a bit more feedback on something that they may like, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will print.

kuro_te
Morkki said:

My tumblr entry for I've Seen Brighter Days got reblogged by Threadless and then it was printed

Great. Curse broken. Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Morkki, was it your "A World United in Cheese" design?

kuro_te

Whoops, sorry. Reading comprehension and short-term memory diodes are not functioning today.

JIMDAHOUSECAT
TheInfamousBaka said:

I've been featured twice and printed 0 times... isn't working for me. I think it's another way for them to get a bit more feedback on something that they may like, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will print.

totally agree.

No account?