Close
One second...

Artist swag giveaway!

The weekend passed, I decided to convert a room in my house to a place where I make things.

I decided I would like to try my hand at screenprinting posters, ..and had no idea where to start.

This morning I woke to a Threadless newsletter which included a screenprinting kit, ..which seemed like fate sent it herself.

I've entered, and I hope I win, ..but I was also wondering, ..could it be something I could buy from you Threadless? ..could it?

I did source a good looking kit on the internet yesterday, but they don't ship to my country, ..and then I found another, who won't ship to me either.

Make a sweet lil' bundle, sell it?

Watch this
IamCid

+1 sell it!

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Hah yeah it's a pretty awesome package. I too am crossing my fingers ;)

emeryg
emeryg profile pic Alumni

Amazing prizes! I thought u had to enter a design to win but no just like them on FB that's a no brainer & a given anyway! What country are u in mechanicalrobotpower?

myownplace

The link isn't working!

emeryg
emeryg profile pic Alumni

Aah I see from your profile ( sorry I'm on my phone here) Auckland NZ - you should be able to pick up a silk screening kit from eBay most will print worldwide but of not & u can find one in Oz I'll sort out postage for you & send it from Brisbane if you like? That's if u don't win the giveaway of course!!!

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

When I win, I'll sell it to you for 1 million donughts and 50 cents.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Spell check obviously does not know how to spell doughnuts.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
xiv said:

When I win, I'll sell it to you for 1 million donughts and 50 cents.

Deal! ..If I win, you can have the macbook and intuos for 500,000 donut-holes and $8

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

I think... I really want all that stuff. I mean I literally need everything that's in the package. Except I'd need the room that it all would go in... haha

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

So I clicked and entered into the giveaway and it just took me to the home page of threadless, does that happen with everyone else?

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
Theo86 said:

So I clicked and entered into the giveaway and it just took me to the home page of threadless, does that happen with everyone else?

Yeah it does. I think that means it worked. Not sure.

[+duracell-]

Very strange that there is no confirmation. I attempted to enter * shrug * like 4 times. Hopefully that's good enough for one entry.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

If I win the swag I will send you the screen for the cost of shipping. While it would be cool to have, you sound like you could use them more than me.

fightstacy
Musarter said:

If I win the swag I will send you the screen for the cost of shipping. While it would be cool to have, you sound like you could use them more than me.

I'd absolutely buy it, ..or trade you whatever you'd want for it.

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Very cool package. I wish whoever wins it, he/she will make use of all of them.

Goldendust

Pretty sure Gordon Harris stocks screen printing kits, and there should be a store in Auckland :)

littlem

i thought you were selling your swag to a swag bank.

fightstacy
heykimby said:

Pretty sure Gordon Harris stocks screen printing kits, and there should be a store in Auckland :)

I found one in Gordon Harris Newmarket, ..it was the last kit they had, it was bundled in the late 70s, ..and the box was pale green from too much sun. ..apparently the emulsion and inks weren't good any more, and they didn't sell the emulsion in store at all.

So I thought I'd rather find a comprehensive starter kit on the internet instead. ...I do plan on buying extra screens and squeegies as needed from Gordon Harris when I sort of know what I'm doing.

fightstacy
littlem said:

i thought you were selling your swag to a swag bank.

This thread is for two reasons, ..reason the first, Expressing my harshcore interest for one of these Threadless assembled screenprinty kits...

Reason the deux.. To impart my swag upon those who want it.

littlem

huuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

No account?