Close
One second...

3 killed and 130 injured at Boston Marathon Bombing

The deadly bombing at the Boston Marathon Monday has left at least three people dead -- including an 8-year-old boy -- and more than 130 others wounded.

Two explosions rocked the Boston Marathon near the finish line, causing multiple casualties and sending the city into chaos
more info here

very sad news indeed, my prayers go to all the people hurt during the explosions.

Watch this
Morkki

It's terrible. I've been following the news and there's still no idea who did it.

soloyo-collabs

They keep replying the video of the blass, so Horrible

hershel

I remember now why I stopped reading newspapers.

hershel

^no sarcasm....feel sorry. There is too much evil everywhere

Tonteau

30+ killed in bombings in baghdad, too :'(

olie!
Tonteau said:

30+ killed in bombings in baghdad, too :'(

hershel

I wonder if this will ever stop....I dunno...is it up to us?...how?....

gaunty

This is genuinely disturbing that in a marthon this famous the bombers managed to get bombs so near the finish line. I'm a runner and my heart goes out to all the innocent spectators and runners affected by this violence.

[+duracell-]
gaunty said:

This is genuinely disturbing that in a marthon this famous the bombers managed to get bombs so near the finish line. I'm a runner and my heart goes out to all the innocent spectators and runners affected by this violence.

Yeah but i dont think they search the spectators. Coulda been in a shopping bag or trash can or whatever. Makes me think it was some domestic terrorist nut-job since no one has claimed responsibility for it yet.

moosabman

I did hear they had fairly heavy security and cops walking dogs around for any explosives/etc, just for event safety, but really it would be so hard to prevent a single insane person from carrying out violence such as this. Last year at ACL I couldn't help thinking, "man I know that security is super lean because they dont want to kill the "chill vibe" but I am literally so packed in here I can't lift my arm. 70k+ people in one park... yeah this place is a target. I hope they actually beef up security this year. So maybe you dont get to sneak in your flask. So what?

soloyo-collabs
moosabman said:

I did hear they had fairly heavy security and cops walking dogs around for any explosives/etc, just for event safety, but really it would be so hard to prevent a single insane person from carrying out violence such as this. Last year at ACL I couldn't help thinking, "man I know that security is super lean because they dont want to kill the "chill vibe" but I am literally so packed in here I can't lift my arm. 70k+ people in one park... yeah this place is a target. I hope they actually beef up security this year. So maybe you dont get to sneak in your flask. So what?

That's how the terrorist wants us to feel, afraid and insecure. We must continue living our lifes withour fear or they we will be surrending to them.

BeanePod

I've been wondering for 10 years or so now when this would start going on inside the U.S.

Guess we've hit that point. People are fucked up creatures.

hobigambar

Pray for them.

StevenLefcourt
moosabman said:

People who trade freedom for security deserve neither.

moosabman
StevenLefcourt said:
moosabman said:

People who trade freedom for security deserve neither.

Right, but I don't mean trading freedom, I mean enforcing the rules that we already freely set, and not "looking the other way" potentially putting a bunch of people in danger so some 16 year old kids get to sneak in pot. There is a difference between being responsible and keeping people safe, and giving up freedom. Thats like saying we shouldn't have any cops in our city because it makes me give up my freedom and the criminals win.

johnnysPeter
1 design submitted - Score now!

It's a sad sick world we live in where people cannot ever get together in large crowds for any reason without at least one freak trying to hurt others. It's disgusting.

Robsoul
soloyo said:
moosabman said:

That's how the terrorist wants us to feel, afraid and insecure. We must continue living our lifes withour fear or they we will be surrending to them.

Exactly, Soloyo. And the last thing we need is the US government to pass legislation like the Patriot Act....

No account?