Close
One second...

Another stolen design, ..this time from a Threadless Alumni!

This

is basically this

And when someone pointed it out, she claims to be the same artist, ..her name is Claudia Chong, ..which is the absolutely not spelled Robert Farkas ..also, wrong gender and nationality...

Also, Robert, why not just submit it under your regular Threadless name?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:
mechanicalrobotpower said:

No, I dont think she did any Iron man subs.

Anyway, it doesn't even matter, ...she's just handed her account over to someone named 'katy' changed her photo and deleted her 'about me' ..so we won't be seeing anything suspicious from that account ever again.

Thats was suppose to be a joke.

So was that

fightstacy

That's so weird! If I didn't happen to see the original earlier, I would be so confused about it now. ..no idea that was possible.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:

No, I dont think she did any Iron man subs.

Anyway, it doesn't even matter, ...she's just handed her account over to someone named 'katy' changed her photo and deleted her 'about me' ..so we won't be seeing anything suspicious from that account ever again.

Thats was suppose to be a joke.

So was that

That was suppose to be a joke.

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni
digsy said:
jeffreyg said:

Yes, I copied this art from the original designer, but I illustrated with saturared colors and deleting the borders.

lmfao!!

fcking genius

hahahaha!!! She said that she used illustrator! LOL!!

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni
digsy said:
jeffreyg said:

Yes, I copied this art from the original designer, but I illustrated with saturared colors and deleting the borders.

lmfao!!

fcking genius

hahahaha!!! She said that she has used illustrator! LOL!!

Dan Yingling
Morkki said:
Musarter said:

I don't mean to stir the pot, but what do you all think of this: http://www.threadless.com/TMNT/ihon-2/

That's all kinds of weird. Can you do that? Change your design in the middle of scoring and still carry on with the same votes? And does it even make sense now with all the comments about the partial tracing?

Just to be clear. He did not keep any of his votes or comments from the previous submission and people continued to comment about his old submission on the new submission which is why it's confusing.

[+duracell-]
Musarter said:

I don't mean to stir the pot, but what do you all think of this: http://www.threadless.com/TMNT/ihon-2/

Almost gave it a 5 'cause it was obvious print material, but now I dont know what to think. Is copying ever ok? Is it ok so long as it's less than 50% of the work? Is it ok until someone important complains?

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

It may be a grey area when it comes to legalities, but as an artist it's just straight up lazy. People suck.

fightstacy
TheInfamousBaka said:

It may be a grey area when it comes to legalities, but as an artist it's just straight up lazy. People suck.

Yeah, copying in the lightest of ways e.g. pose reference or composition reference is fine.

Tracing? Never cool, not ever.

amaara

where is the line really drawn?

its "transformative", but obviously traced

anyone ever see this reality show, about artists, and like, this one girl projected a picture onto a canvas, and then basically traced her competition piece. it always stuck with me, while the original picture is hers, is tracing really considered....a skill?

eg

TheInfamousBaka said:

Yeah, copying in the lightest of ways e.g. pose reference or composition reference is fine.

Tracing? Never cool, not ever.

fightstacy

I stand by it, tracing in all forms is really icky to me. ..sure that's much different to the original, ..but it wouldn't exist without it

fightstacy

...as soon as you lay down a piece of tracing paper / layer / projected image with intent to recreate what it is, you should feel super icky and really dorky.

amaara

thats how I feel as well. the gif i posted, seems easy enough to reproduce without the tracing theres no extraordinary anything, 80% of it is the drips anyway. as said above, its just laziness

how does one report these things, besides making a thread?

I stand by it, tracing in all forms is really icky to me. ..sure that's much different to the original, ..but it wouldn't exist without it

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
Dan Yingling said:
Morkki said:
Musarter said:

That's all kinds of weird. Can you do that? Change your design in the middle of scoring and still carry on with the same votes? And does it even make sense now with all the comments about the partial tracing?

Just to be clear. He did not keep any of his votes or comments from the previous submission and people continued to comment about his old submission on the new submission which is why it's confusing.

Ok, that makes sense.

Obviously he did a dumb thing with the traced heads but looks like the situation got particularly nasty.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

Something is wrong with scores! I can't believe that lot of stolen designs are voted so well in here! Where is justice?

[+duracell-]

Hmmm.. seems like you guys are missing the obvious here;

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
[+duracell-] said:

Hmmm.. seems like you guys are missing the obvious here;

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

LOL hahahaha

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

Could you someone post the link to fake randy's profile? ahahahahahahah I'm already laughing hahahahaha

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us