Wittlebee's Challenge: Butterfly UPDATE Feedback?

UPDATED NOW: Two versions where the space between the top half and the bottom half are closer so you're forced to look at the image as a whole, thus seeing the butterfly;at least these are my intentions. Also, any color ideas? Yes or no to the light pink?

UPDATE: The thing is, I've been trying to make ways for it to look more butterfly-like, but it just ends up looking like it doesn't flow with the rest of the design. Here's how it would look. Maybe I could add butterflies around it?

So design started as just waves, and then I saw shapes, and went crazy making animals pop out ever so subtly, like when you see shapes in the clouds, but I decided to get rid of some of those details. If I got this printed I'd make the design, except for the letters, puff-inked.

Any feedback? Critiques? Suggestions on color scheme or type of detail work?

Original line art:

Colored Outline, and smoother lines not all connected:

Black Outline, and lines connected completely:

Watch this
HopeWish
BeanePod said:

Butterfly wave maybe

So, I should reverse it. That's a good idea! Thanks. :)

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

Why not use all flying animals since wings generate wind? Birds, bees, butterflies....maybe they could all be blowing wind on wavy snails.

Dunno, just my take on it :)

HopeWish

I'll see what I can do with it. Might come up with another version with that concept, but you know, people see all kinds of animals and things in the clouds. I see where you're coming from though. I don't know why but what you said sounded poetic btw, even though it's not exactly. XD ..but it is kind of whimsical; "...maybe they could all be blowing wind on wavy snails". I DID want something blowing at the waves...Thanks again! :D

BeanePod

OMG......It's Haiku time:

Birds, bees, butterflies, Maybe they could all be blowing, Wind on wavy snails.

Yeah, I know, it's 5-8-5 but...uh...good call on the poetic thing.

Maybe I should join Threadless for Poets :D

HopeWish

Yes! Yes you should! xD But why would there be such a guild on thread less? Unless it's made into typography or used in calligraphy art for a shirt..I really want to do that kind of shirt one day too.

BeanePod

I'm holding off for my Threadless the Musical project to get underway. You can totally do typography/lettering shirts as long as you've got a great slogan/saying....nothing wrong with that. Just keep trying, learning and making.

And have fun. See, look at me being helpful :)

HopeWish

I'm totally looking into that! xD Haha, yeah. Thanks pod of helpfulness! :) Hope you'll comment when I post an update on this WIP!

dBranes

HopeWish,

I like the design so far. One notion is to take a minimalistic approach. i.e. keep the line drawing and further develop it. I can see this design realized with some of the specialty inks. In particular Suede, Shimmer or Puff inks

Good Luck

--db

HopeWish

Thanks for the input and good advice, db! I'll keep that in mind! =D

HopeWish

Bump for new WIP.

Christina.A.art

Personally I like the first design better you did... I think maybe like the clouds should be outlined in blues... I love the saying tho "its the wittle things in life... Maybe u could incorporate the saying with colors of the rainbow in an arch. :) also the 2 butterflies maybe bend the shape in the middle where there kinda mirrored to be a heart? Cute idea :) goodluck

HopeWish

Thanks for the comment! Maybe the butterfly one could be the girly design, and the first can be for boys and girls. I'll include the saying in the first design too, and get rid of "Tsunami."

Wolfgang8885

The font is perfect, and the clouds and sun. The butterfly could be touched up to look more like a butterfly. Add another antenna and eyes. Looking good so far. Good job.

HopeWish

Thanks both of you for the comments! Those are some good suggestions. =)

coolblue

i like the style and the colors of the design but i feel that the butter fly needs a little more work at first glance i thought they were snails. ; ).

HopeWish

The thing is, I've been trying to make ways for it to look more butterfly-like, but it just ends up looking like it doesn't flow with the rest of the design. Here's how it would look. Maybe I could add butterflies around it?

HopeWish

Or I could add, "Wittle Butterfly" above the design...

HopeWish

Look to the top and suggest a color?

No account?
Join Us