Close
One second...

Who's the most underrated artist in Threadless, in your own opinion?

Who do you think is the most deserving to be printed more than what he/she have now, when it comes to the number of print-worthy designs, cleverness or high scores?


My vote goes to Ben Chen. How about you?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Gebe, hands down and also Robert Richter

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

I agree. :D

mip1980 said:

Gebe, hands down and also Robert Richter

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

Thanks mip :) and I agree with you: Ben Chen is one of my favorite in here and his designs are superb. The same for Robert Richter, his style is awesome and lot of his artworks cause a great Miyazaki feeling in me! And also Baka and Robo Rat need a print right now!

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

......Ahem

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Wharton, ecsu and Stacyrobotpower need more than one print a piece.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

Oh, I forgot! Look at Graja: he has only 9 print on 58 submissions. I personally would wear every single design he made, 100% cleverness - 100% funny. He deserve more than only 9 print, whereas I buy only 10% of what threadless prints. Print more Graja please!

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Is there any way to search by username?

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

My vote goes for "digsy". She's not only talented, but she's such a nice person when helping others out with feedback etc.

She deserves more prints!

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:

......Ahem

..... Amen

Print more Wharton!

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Wharton, ecsu and Stacyrobotpower need more than one print a piece.

yep

also, Baka

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I dont think ben chen is really underrated, he's been printed numerous times.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
nickv47 said:
TheInfamousBaka said:

Wharton, ecsu and Stacyrobotpower need more than one print a piece.

yep

also, Baka

Baka needs a print.

Ben Chen is an amazing artists but I would not say he is underrated. He consistently gets amazing scores and has a respectable number of prints. He is deserving of more prints but so many other are also deserving too. I would refer to Gebe's blog of unprinted, yet worthy designers, to view best underrated artists on Threadless.

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

mechanicalrobotpower and ecsu

MadKobra
MadKobra profile pic Alumni

baka gebe nickv47 Soloyo and so many others

AliRoMom

I think there are a TON of fantastic artists here that never get printed because they don't spam enough. It frustrates me greatly to see fantastic art get surpassed because people are "helping each other out with feedback". I'm not an artist -- I just really love the shirts -- but it doesn't seem overly fair that so much emphasis is put on the rating system, and from what I've seen, that isn't necessarily based on the design, but often based solely on who is friends with who. :(

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
AliRoMom said:

I think there are a TON of fantastic artists here that never get printed because they don't spam enough. It frustrates me greatly to see fantastic art get surpassed because people are "helping each other out with feedback". I'm not an artist -- I just really love the shirts -- but it doesn't seem overly fair that so much emphasis is put on the rating system, and from what I've seen, that isn't necessarily based on the design, but often based solely on who is friends with who. :(

Great art will get noticed if it truly is great. It's less of a popularity contest (though some artists obviously have followings that $5 the shit out of their stuff) and more of a "print things that are popular right now" machine. Because that's how they make money. Though you still get the occasional print that is simply amazing on its own merit.

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni
MadCobra said:

baka gebe nickv47 Soloyo and so many others

(leg kick)

thanks man.

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
10 designs submitted - Score now!
alexmdc said:

I dont think ben chen is really underrated, he's been printed numerous times.

This is true. Ben Chen started slow but he got his and continues to.

Here's my take on it:

I've been around on Threadless pretty much from the beginning (obviously with a different username previously then with the one I have now). All good things take time and people will eventually gain the recognition they deserve.

For example, two great artists/illustrators that I have watched over the years are Flying Mouse and Alexmdc. Both started out slow on here and look at them now. Many designs and many prints later they have both risen to the level that I felt/knew they would/could/should. On their earlier designs I would comment with things like "Man, you will have many prints soon." or "You are new here but you will do just fine."

I'm not saying I'm some mystical fortune teller or anything but eventually it all works out for most. You have to be patient, take in what the community has to offer through comments and suggestions, get better at what you do, and eventually the rewards will follow.

With that being said, there are few that are "underrated" but there are many that will get their time in the spotlight when the time is right.

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

Me.

littlem

probably baka.

wharton is full of himself. lololol

littlem

and alanbao, escu, and celandestinelidija

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Yes to Lidija! She hasn't been around enough lately. :-(

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Jealousy will get you everywhere

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

GEBE ,baka, davisilva!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
Haragos said:
TheInfamousBaka said:

Jealousy will get you everywhere

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

These Jim Carrey gifs are getting more views than his last movie. ZING!

littlem

ahahhahaha

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Jeez, I don't even know what his last movie was.

ecsu
ecsu profile pic Alumni

Pedro23

ecsu
ecsu profile pic Alumni

omg, Lidija!! PLEASE! She needs more love.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Thanks Baka!! Thanks Katie!!

I also would like to chip in for pretty much the same guys everyone is already talking about.

Baka - Her being unprinted as yet is so much of a crime, ..it's criminal.

Wharton and ecsu - I like to think we're in a club together, ..each of us have one non proper print, Wharton has a kids print, ecsu has a DTG print, and mine was an april fools print. ..Club not quite printed.. ACTIVATE!

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

I think based on his number of prints compared to the clever high scoring designs, he should have more prints by now.

Musarter said:
nickv47 said:
TheInfamousBaka said:

Wharton, ecsu and Stacyrobotpower need more than one print a piece.

yep

also, Baka

Baka needs a print.

Ben Chen is an amazing artists but I would not say he is underrated. He consistently gets amazing scores and has a respectable number of prints. He is deserving of more prints but so many other are also deserving too. I would refer to Gebe's blog of unprinted, yet worthy designers, to view best underrated artists on Threadless.

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

I believe your point is, it's not what you know, it's who you know, thing. :D And yeah, so many awesome designs, that gets massive support and great score because people, designers or not, loved it, that don't make it to print. :( Good thing there's Society6. :D

AliRoMom said:

I think there are a TON of fantastic artists here that never get printed because they don't spam enough. It frustrates me greatly to see fantastic art get surpassed because people are "helping each other out with feedback". I'm not an artist -- I just really love the shirts -- but it doesn't seem overly fair that so much emphasis is put on the rating system, and from what I've seen, that isn't necessarily based on the design, but often based solely on who is friends with who. :(

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Double ahem.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Bake for president

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
Wharton said:

Bake for president

Hear hear!! Bake the President!!

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Cake for President!

ecsu
ecsu profile pic Alumni
mechanicalrobotpower said:

Thanks Baka!! Thanks Katie!!

I also would like to chip in for pretty much the same guys everyone is already talking about.

Baka - Her being unprinted as yet is so much of a crime, ..it's criminal.

Wharton and ecsu - I like to think we're in a club together, ..each of us have one non proper print, Wharton has a kids print, ecsu has a DTG print, and mine was an april fools print. ..Club not quite printed.. ACTIVATE!

We should get matching sweaters.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I also have a GAP print just for the record, (lick my boots) AND I've already been interviewed officially/unofficially Check it

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
Wharton said:

I also have a GAP print just for the record, (lick my boots) AND I've already been interviewed officially/unofficially Check it

That's quite a bit of recognition, ..seems like you aren't underrated at all, ..please remove my vote for Wharton, ..he's achieved all the ratedness he deserves.

ecsu
ecsu profile pic Alumni

hate you.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Yeah, but I deserve way more. WAY.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?