Close
One second...

I don't understand how sometimes Threadless picks winners.

Watch this
Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

It's not like they're identical... Move on and make more designs :-)

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

execution

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

They like what they like.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i would love to answer you but i have no idea. Similar things have happened before, including to me once. The most stand out was the "i'm a big dill" shirt which had been subbed previously and then printed when subbed a second time by someone else. I think the key in this instance would be timing - sometimes what looks good now, may not have 3 years ago (is that how old yours is?) - that was a reason I was given anyway and it seems to make sense. its not like yours is only a month old. there are minor differences too - i'm not saying their one is necessarily better than yours, but there may be something to it that made it a better pick to threadless.
That said, it's still hurts like a butt kick when it happens but try take the postive from it - you're on the right track with the right ideas, just keep plugging at them!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Digsy says useful things.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

There's always going to be people with similar concepts.

Although votes do play a significant role in what gets printed, theres also other factors like 1) if its well done/well executed, 2) marketability, and 3) if the staff wants it printed.

airobit
airobit profile pic Alumni

i think the concept it's vey similar anyway....and what does the man says in the gif posted by Wharton?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Quality. Chance.

Your design scored 2.6 back then, and at the time probably just didn't stand out from others. Dampa's design scored 3.2, so it was received better by the voters. (With less voters than your design, btw)

unicorndinosaurs
unicorndinosaurs profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

Agreed

Wharton

MAGIC!

Wharton

Or MAGIA as you might say.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

airobit

Thanks for your answers,,,

airobit

yes, MAGIA in my country

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni
unicorndinosaurs said:
TheInfamousBaka said:

Agreed

Why does the sea appear blue, and the sky appear blue? I think it's the same reason how Threadless pick a winner. It's not simple like 1+1=2 ^^

johnnysPeter

Like Digsy said at least ur on the right track. Be happy that a shirt with the same concept and same kind of design as yours got printed, that means you got the rite kind of ideas.

[+duracell-]

it printed over yours because the execution of the idea was better

Mexiblunt

In life sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you, stiffen up that upper lip and keep walking!

briannalamar

where can i get that gif wharton?!

littlem
briannalamar said:

where can i get that gif wharton?!

right here:

Wharton

Or is it here?

littlem

nope.

here: