Close
One second...

Honestly, why is this design doing so badly in the bike contest. I don't get it!

I thought this design would do pretty well in the scoring this time, but its buried on like the fourth page. What could I have done to make it better/ is it just not what people are going for these days? I want to be a better designer, so input is much appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.threadless.com/bicycles/ride-like-a-beast/

Watch this
ashtrashbigash

p.s. the messenger bags for this design are in like green grey and red, so I need an idea for a background too. suggestions?

Lybrich

Bees :D

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

This would require you to rework the whole thing, but have you thought of adding in two more bears? Have them on racing bikes and in poses similar to this: Maybe in a bit more aggressive stance. Have them wearing helmets, gloves and maybe a band around one of their front legs that has a number on it.

Tour de Bear

ashtrashbigash

awww, that would be cool! I submitted it with sweat bands, but it would be cool to do the tour de france, but with a bunch of different animals!

Here is what my design ended up being, I'll post again when its up for scoring.

cstaplesice

Hi, I really like that design and saying. Please consider this offer I am about to give you before you put it up for scoring. I would like to pay you $50 upfront for this design. Please contact me @ stuffybarn@gmail.com

saoirsesushi

saw the finished submission earlier and voted on it. i like it.

taz-pie
cstaplesice said:

Hi, I really like that design and saying. Please consider this offer I am about to give you before you put it up for scoring. I would like to pay you $50 upfront for this design. Please contact me @ stuffybarn@gmail.com

omg this guy again. shouldn't threadless instaban him?

ashtrashbigash

I wasn't sure if he was a scammer or not...

Maxamillion1234Max

The dude is not a scammer. I sent him a design and was paid. I was skeptical at first but he sent me money before I sent him my design.

ashedgreg

Cool design. Just voted on the finished design. It looks great with the added sweatbands. Would like to se this on the bags, they look great. Would be cool if you could add hand drawn trees in the background on a green bag as well. Good luck!

Could you please vote on my design if you have the time, thanks.

http://www.threadless.com/bravestwarriors/attack-of-the-loverat/

ashtrashbigash

Thanks!

ashedgreg said:

Cool design. Just voted on the finished design. It looks great with the added sweatbands. Would like to se this on the bags, they look great. Would be cool if you could add hand drawn trees in the background on a green bag as well. Good luck!

Could you please vote on my design if you have the time, thanks.

http://www.threadless.com/bravestwarriors/attack-of-the-loverat/

greensane4art

Its a great design! Its a good mix of picture and digital. I gave it a 5! Hope it gets printed! :)

slimboJoe

I don't think of a bear as a Beast. The phrase seems tough and rugged, but the image is whimsical and funny. The word RIDE indicates motion, but the composition is rather static and stale. Also, the photographic bear is too contrasted with the cartoony bike.

Actually, if you remove the words, the image is very comical and weird and could stand alone. I dig the PEACE PAW!

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
Maxamillion1234Max said:

The dude is not a scammer. I sent him a design and was paid. I was skeptical at first but he sent me money before I sent him my design.

What design did you sell Maxamillion1234Max? ...which one of your 0 Submissions? ..it's weird you just showed up in time to defend cstaplecise, ..this all sounds SUPER legit.

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni

Sorry for the Hijack Ashley, ..I don't think there is anything wrong at all with your design, I like it a lot, ..I think the problem is there are so many great designs in the Bikes contest, ..and in general there is so many designs in the entire contest!

I think you're in a good standing considering there's 250+ Designs in the contest.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Yeah my bike sub is buried back on page 5 so you're doing better than me. And I thought mine was pretty good too. (Better than some others ranking higher) but I do really like your bear. I think for myself the only change I would have made would have been to just have the bear riding the bike. The peace sign seems just too much. Take away from the "beast" part at least to me.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I like this and scored it highly but you could def do with dropping text and maybe (maybe not) adding a light background.

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Does the spot your design holds on the page indicate scoring success/failure?

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Thanks digs. I did not know that.

ashtrashbigash

Thanks for the high scores guys! I appreciate the feedback too. I think I just need to take a little longer on my designs and spend more time on composition and design. Its just hard to justify spending all that time when you may or may not get a payday for your work. lol

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Yeah but you kinda have to just accept that as part of the Threadless deal :) More often than not there is no payday and there are a bunch of amazingly talented artists who haven't landed a print yet. I love designing and do it for the fun of it and as practice so I get better and learn more stuff. I view getting a print as a "bonus" on top of that. There's also the amazingly fun people on the blogs to hang with ;)

slimboJoe
digsy said:

It does if you sort by average score macdoodle

So if you have a group of 30 people with the same average score, how does that group get sorted? Alphabetically or chronologically?

ashtrashbigash
pyr4lis said:

Yeah but you kinda have to just accept that as part of the Threadless deal :) More often than not there is no payday and there are a bunch of amazingly talented artists who haven't landed a print yet. I love designing and do it for the fun of it and as practice so I get better and learn more stuff. I view getting a print as a "bonus" on top of that. There's also the amazingly fun people on the blogs to hang with ;)

I agree, threadless in kind of addicting... I see many hours being wasted in my future. lol

jinshio

maybe for the meme "like a boss", idk

No account?
Join Us