Close
One second...

Where to stay in NY

Gonna be in NY in March :)
Can anyone recommend a place/area to stay in?
Hotel or Apartment?

Watch this
jamesf

the pod hotel was pretty cheap and good in 2007, about $100 per night for a decent size room. prices have gone up alot since then though. how long you gonna be there? you could also try B+Bs

illustrated34

On my last trip to NYC, I stayed at the 4 Points hotel (by Sheraton) in Long Island City. It's conveniently located a few blocks from the subway, and 15 mins from Manhattan. A bit of a gritty working class neighborhood, but never felt in danger walking from the subway station at night. This area actually has a few affordable hotel options. Best of all, no bedbugs in sight:)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48080-d1879003-Reviews-Four_Points_by_Sheraton_Long_Island_City_Queensboro_Bridge-Long_Island_City_New_York.html

Raid71

James - Gonna be there for a week, just need something with easy access to the subway

illustrated34 - cheers for the links I'll check them out

jamesf

The pod hotel might suit you then. It's around midtown, so pretty easy to get round manhattan from there.

Morkki
1 design submitted - Score now!

I've stayed at the Gershwin Hotel and the Belleclaire, both on Manhattan. Gershwin has a cool pop art theme and is near Madison Square Park (Shake Shack!). Belleclaire is on Upper West Side, has free wifi and an awesome food market around the corner and is just a few blocks from Central Park and the Museum of Natural History. (and another Shake Shack!)

illustrated34

I stand corrected. My wife reminded me that the N train only took around 5 minutes to reach Manhattan. (Somewhere around 63rd and Lexington ave.) It's about 15 mins from the hotel to the World Trade Center. I think we paid around 150 usd a night.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

oh nice Chris, im in NY! :D let's grab drinks if u got some free time :)

littlem

i think you spelled CA wrong! :D

Raid71

If I was out there for more than a week I'd pop over for a few days :)

Jeffreyg will be out in March for an exhibition so the drinks will be free :D

jeffreyg

hahah nice :D if its open to the public let me know, ill def stop by

Raid71

Yeah it'll be open to the public... it'll be in Brooklyn

littlem
Raid71 said:

If I was out there for more than a week I'd pop over for a few days :)

make it so! :P
littlem

oops. i made you say that instead of me!

Raid71

haha!! putting words into my mouth :D

littlem

better i put words than something else, amirite?? unless, of course, it's chocolate.

Raid71

mmmmmmm chocolate!

Raid71

Boot myself into the Gershwin Hotel - cheers for the recommendations :D

Flying out tomorrow, if anyone want to meetup for a drink or have a free drink on the 15th at the gallery

littlem

i wish i could! i know it's going to be amazing. hope you have fun!

jeffreyg

awesome~ ill stop by

shoot me an email if youre free during the week and wanna grab a drink before the event.

No account?