Close
One second...

MADNESS of MISSION 6- final template and story

so...do you get it? still needs some detail tweaking.

also, black with maze bkgrnd- or maze on blue too.

here's the final template and backstory (high comedy!)

True story:
In 1976, Cosmonaut Nikolai Peckmann was sent alone to an orbiting space station for what would be called Mission Six- to study the radiation levels and strange circumstances that killed all four crewmen of the last research mission.
By the third day, Peckmann's broken transmissions were coming back to ground control filled with increasing paranoia and delusion. He claimed that the spirits of the dead cosmonauts were coming to claim him, and that he had to keep moving to evade them. He shouted that if he could capture consume these spirits himself while he still had strength, he could move to the next level of consciousness...Truly the rantings of an insane man.
Indeed, video recovered later would show Peckmann running around the confined but maze-like station, downing emergency sedatives like a madman....pausing in a corner momentarily, only to throw back vitamin pills and give chase to his invisible demons.
He had spent the entire cargo of vitamins, pills, and fresh fruit well ahead of schedule. There was no way another crew could be assembled to rescue him before he starved. After one rather violently garbled transmission, the static cleared and the last live image on record is that of Peckmann's empty, wilted spacesuit on the cabin floor.
It was determined that another mission to recover any remains or gather any more research would be a waste of the people's money, and the station was allowed to drift out of orbit and into space- a failure never to be mentioned again. It was ordered and assumed that all video and paper evidence had been destroyed.

..then, at the dawn of the eighties, a fledgling arcade game company called NAMCO would stumble across the transcripts of these events, and the rest -as they say- is history.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
travis76
travis76 profile pic Alumni

the box will say 'space anxiety pills' or something

adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

aw gosh!
pacman!and atari logo on sleeve! great ,man.
also quotes "mystery of mission 5" uh?
great job as usual.

travis76

to me, pacman always seemed like he was taking pills to escape the ghosts of his guilt....and i doodled the helmet to look like pacman..and it al made sense. don't know if i'm going to name it curse of mission six, but the blue ghost could be that guy i guess.

UberRyan

it reminds me of the alien ghost from that old school scooby doo ep.

travis76

his name tag may say 'Peckman', if i want to be super obvious..no matter how much he medicates, he can't escape the souls of the men he accidentally caused to die in mission 5.....

kidaro

going back to the well, eh? ;)

travis76

there's a little of that in there, uberryan, i admit. i was going for retro illustration. but the zig-zag teeth of the ghosts were mostly inspired by the pacmann ghost mouths.

UberRyan

fo sho i digg tho

travis76

kidaro- i subbed 3 vectored designs in a row, i felt dirty!

adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

heh! yeah blue guy is him!
also, love the pacman escaping his own ghosts thing.
i like mission 6 title,or you can go with ghosts' names too.but maybe it fits less.

theymightbepoz

thats so sweet. i fucking love space men. another great job.

kidaro

...and now I discovered x-ray chick. Ace!

This is also great, but then I like all your stuff. Having worked for a pharmaceutical company, I'd call it "Recalled Batch".

theymightbepoz

oh, i didnt catch the whole pacman shenanigans, but it works good with or without the pacman reference.

drmtama2

HELLS YES!!!!!

pac-man

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

this is quite impressive, very subtle compared to my blatant pop culture parodies

drmtama2

yes black shirt

hannabear

very clever. i love it! :)
i kind of like the dark blue.

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

yeah i would buy it, i just made that decision.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

took me a few seconds to notice the pacman reference, but it's a kickarse design even before that becomes apparent.

maddingo

nicely done... this is pretty kewl.

drmtama2

perhaps using a border or subtly using the background as a setting from the video game with a faint blue including the yellow dots..

just a suggestion

drmtama2

this would make it a full t-shirt print...

AWESOME!!!!!!!

They Call Me Special K

mission six is a small snowboard outerwear company based out of oregon

kidaro

The nametag could read "Ocman". Kinda nice and subtle, eh?

Shebly

hehe, clever.

ElectricBanana

it'd be kinda cool if he were wearing the RING of Sauron, those dead dudes look like the dead or lost kings.... nice work, great colors

kidaro

Oo, unintentional referencing! Way cool.

nintechno
nintechno profile pic Alumni

love the design

now if I could only get a perfect score in that game

little_g_design
little_g_design profile pic Alumni

This is ace! It took me a bit to get the reference too but thats what I like about it. I like that it is not so blatent.

travis76

i was already planning a black tee. i kind of like it w/o the maze, as it is subtler.

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

travis i say keep it as is. Some people just dont understand that you can ruin a design by not leaving it alone.

theperk
theperk profile pic Alumni

You could have his nametag just say "Pac" since he is already a man. That would be more subtle than Peckman, imo

travis76

thanks or the feedback, i'll sub it on black probably without the maze soon!

ElectricBanana

very cool, didn't even realize that it was based off of pacman until now. very original

speedyjvw
speedyjvw profile pic Alumni

this took me a second
but once i saw it it doubled the awesomeness

well done man

nintechno
nintechno profile pic Alumni

This will be my next purchase, hopefully.

Nice work!

RyanSargent

i like it, nice hidden pacman stuff. good job.

Vaz

It didn't click for me until I looked at the one with the maze in back.

kinky_juice

man i love your designs, i wanna be like you when im old

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

I get it now. What a fantastic idea and interpretation!

fc gravy

this was great till i noticed the pac-man ref and then it blew my mind.

Engineer

Throw in some fruits. :)

RyanSargent

kinky_juice on Dec 17 '06 at 4:21pm

"man i love your designs, i wanna be like you when im old "

ouch tough break travis.

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

this is great travis teh pac man thing is great and subtle so that it doesnt rely upon it to work as a design .. I love the old school atari logo as teh logo for teh space man

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us