Close
One second...

Beginner's first submission!

Hello all! hope you are well...

So this is it: after 2 years being registered, browsing and buying, I finally plucked up the courage to make something for Threadless!!

Not sure if I should submit this into Monsters or Threadless. It still needs quite a bit of work. I am not that good with photoshop and graphics as I prefer to use paint and markers! I find the finished product very poor quality, but I followed the size and resolution indicated in the submission rules...

Please tell me what you think. Would love to get constructive criticism! =)

Watch this
joffles

Hi Flipperfrog! I'm not sure if the devil is a little risqué for Threadless...though I do really like the illustration itself.

The blue arrow is a little pointless for me. There is no real strong concept.

Perhaps incorporate your devil concept into a scene? You obviously have some great illustrative skills. Try playing around keeping it simple (black and white perhaps?)

I find when designing it's best to follow the K.I.S.S principle - keep it simple, silly! :D

Once you have an more evolved idea then you can consider colour. Good luck! Can't wait to see another version.

Flipperfrog

Thank you so much Joffles; that's very good advice and exactly what I was looking for... This is my very first attempt and I am a bit overwhelmed by the amount of talent and skill over here! I'll keep in mind your point about concept: this one is probably only a doodle to try my hand at putting things onto a t.shirt. I obviously need to practice more and THINK about what is suitable for submission. =)

joffles

Don't be overwhelmed, just work on your concepts and refine your skills. You'll know when you're on a good thing. ;)

No account?