Close
One second...

A note from Tom and Jake

• by skaw
  • posted Jan 18, 2013
  • 35 Comments

Hey everyone, Tom and Jake here!

We have some big news to share about the inner going-ons at Threadless.

Tom: As a longtime Threadless fan, I was thrilled to meet Jake in early 2008 to talk about working together on the pioneering company he co-founded. My wife, Anjannette, and I moved from NYC to Chicago later that year so I could run Threadless alongside Jake and our amazing team to serve the Threadless community. Over the years, we've accomplished so much in our mission to provide artists with more opportunities to make and sell great art.

On a personal note, I’m thrilled and slightly terrified to share the news that Anjannette and I are expecting our first child in a few months!

Jake: Woah, no way! That's amazing! Congratulations Tom and Anjannette!!!

Tom: We’d like to be closer to our family on the West Coast as we start a family ourselves. So, after lots of reflection and discussions with Jake over the past year, I have decided that it's the right time for me to step out of my role as CEO. We’ll be moving to Los Angeles in March. I’m excited to that I will stay actively involved in Threadless as a board member, working closely with our team and partners and advising Society6 and Creative Market.

Jake: We’re going to miss Tom. A lot! He has done so much for Threadless. His leadership in helping us to stay focused on what makes us special, community-based design, has enabled us to take the company to the next level. All of the amazing things we’ve done with cool partners & brands over the past few years happened largely due to Tom's efforts. We are super stoked that he will still be on our board, continuing to help us push forward!

Tom: I'm delighted to announce that Jake will be CEO once again! There’s no one better suited to lead the company forward. I know he is excited and will do an amazing job as CEO. And with all the talents of our community members and team and the company’s big plans, I have enormous faith in the future of Threadless.

Jake: It's true, I AM excited! As you may know, my wife, Shondi, and I moved out to Colorado a few years back to start our family and set up a satellite Threadless office. We quickly discovered that we also wanted to be closer to family and moved back. We've been back in Chicago now for almost 2 years and it has really made me realize how important it is to be here at Threadless HQ every day. I love this place and the Threadless community so much and am just plain pumped right now.

Tom: Working with the Threadless team and our talented community of artists and friends has been an honor. You've inspired me, taught me a lot, and shown me so many great times along the way. Thank you for friendship and all that you have done.

I’ll miss seeing everyone day-to-day but I look forward to seeing our team and community members in person when I’m back at our Chicago HQ, in LA and at Threadless meetups around the world!

Jake: Thanks for all you've done Tom, congrats again on starting a family and I'm so grateful that we'll still be working together in your new role as board member! We've got a lot of great stuff planned for this year folks, hang onto your hats!

Cheers!
Tom & Jake

Illustrations by the amazing Alex Solis ...check out more illustrated Threadless staffers

Watch this
littlem

awesome and congrats to y'all in your new positions and adventures!

pyr4lis

Congrats and good luck! Glad to hear you'll still be involved somehow!

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

Tom is the man! Good luck with things on the west coast dude! Don't be a stranger. And welcome back, Jake!

DontCallMeBlanket

So this means you're going back to the old website?

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff
DontCallMeBlanket said:

heck no!

Manupix
skaw said:
DontCallMeBlanket said:

heck no!

PLEEEEEASE!!!

filiskun
DontCallMeBlanket said:

:D

aled

Sad to see Tom go. Congrats on your new family adventure, Tom! Who better to steer the good ship Threadless than Jake?

lunchboxbrain

All the best to you both! Excelsior!

palitosci
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Congrats Tom and Anjannette!!! Jake will know how to do it! hehe

Brightwood

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Farnell

Congrats to you both,

silentOp

Congrats guys!!! More power and success to Threadless..

Andreas Mohacsy

always awesome when people put family first, congrats and thanks:)

v.calahan

Congrats & best wishes for the supah dupah things to follow!

shesmatilda

MORE POWER AND MORE SUCCESS!

craquehaus

It's sad to see White Chocolate go. Much success on the west coast!

Goldendust

Tom! Jake! Good news all around!

The Tom

Thanks, guys! You have a Threadless friend in LA now...well maybe you already have 50 of them, but now you have one more!

Biwald

Congrats and good luck!

tomburns
1 design submitted - Score now!

Hooray for both of you fellas and threadless all around!

hobigambar

Glad to hear that :)

Mr Rocks

considering how long Jake has worked with Threadless he's deserving of a promotion. :D

Mr Rocks

considering how long Jake has worked with Threadless he's deserving of a promotion. :D

Mr Rocks

and best wishes to you too Tom. Enjoying parenthood and the move.

FRICKINAWESOME
1 design submitted - Score now!
skaw said:
DontCallMeBlanket said:

heck no!

bahahahahahaha!

No account?