Close
One second...

GAP & Threadless rips on Facebook - Fetch the torches

I've seen one of mine and one of Terry Fan's here.
Bunch of wankers.

Edit: and Hector's, Eric Fan's the list goes on

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

How do you find these places? QBF MAgnum P.I.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I was looking for image references for a new Balinese Mask design to go with the rework I've done on S6. Low and behold there's mine in my image search.

Wharton

Tsk tsk. I just posted some links to the original pieces on their page. They nicked Hector's, eric Fan's, Teagan White and god knows who elses.

Nice spot.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Damn arises! Which ones. Agreed jsut wondering if there is ANY design that do belong to them…

v_calahan
1 design submitted -

Arses… but that was obvious!

micheleficeli

I think that most of those designs were ripped from S6.

quick-brown-fox

It really pisses me off, where the hell are they getting artwork good enough to print from? I think most S6 previews are around 600px square.

JacquesMaes
JacquesMaes profile pic Alumni

Sad to see, as artists we spend so much time on works, and on a lot of them we hardly make a dime.... and then some prick comes by and rips us off.

@Quick-brown-fox: They buy a print of s6 and scan it?

v_calahan
1 design submitted -

I'm guess that if you buy an art print, like A3 format then scan it, and go through DTG kind of process, the lil' punks can manage it. Warf at what he did with Eric's Beatles, just swapping placement of the beatles… Sorry ass!

quick-brown-fox

It makes me not want to sell stuff on Society6. I know it goes on all the time, and if it's a market stall in Thailand it doesn't feel as bad for some reason.

v_calahan
1 design submitted -

It's a good thing that the community points them out when they find them though. Especially for the big outlets (saw those posts about Clavin Klein and a big brand in argentina).

ThirstyFly
ThirstyFly profile pic Alumni

I see one of my wolves on there, too. I posted a nasty message below the stolen artwork. They have an open FB page so you can do that. Usually a threatening email does the trick. I just convinced FineArtAmerica to delete two owls that were directly copied from me. They asked me to contact the "artist" first, though, and when I made no progress with her, they deleted them. She actually had written in her description of the stolen work "one of my many owl drawings" which I thought was so gross.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

F*$#@& People

v_calahan
1 design submitted -

I knew I had seen that wolf… Looks like all the art is stolen… prick…

v_calahan
1 design submitted -

Hehe he blocked me and deleted the comments…

Wharton

I can't believe he's deleted all of our comments, what an asshole. He seems completely remorseless. Is there any way of flagging his page to Facebook and having it deleted.

v_calahan
1 design submitted -

Yep… did it. Besides the like button there's the little arrow with a scroller, and check "signal this" or whatever the english word is for it…

Wharton

I'll do it too.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

what option did you guys select for reporting it on FB - none of them seem to faul under the fraud category!

Wharton

'Faul'? I put it under 'its a spam or a scam'.

Wharton

Theres also a link at the bottom of the window 'Is this your intellectual property?'.

v_calahan
1 design submitted -

Guessing only the designers who have their work stolen can pick that specific one. The french version has " fraud" in the options though.

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

hate that! booooooooooooooooooooo

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

No one ever scams me

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni
Wharton said:

'Faul'? I put it under 'its a spam or a scam'.

wow, awesome spelling from me. wtf. my brain is all over the place today. my friends surname is faul and i was just talking to her on facebook, so lets blame that and forget all about it

soloyo

you should change the title of this blog to "report this thief on facebook" so we can get his page cancel

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

wow, that's pretty ballsy on their part.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Noted I also flagged and reported to facebook the page's violation

soloyo
pyr4lis said:

Noted I also flagged and reported to facebook the page's violation

Me TOO

Wharton

It looks like this guys page is still up and running and completely unimpeded.

quick-brown-fox

Tosser. Hector said he was getting in touch with Threadless about it. I noticed that Eric's printed in GAP, so he's now ripping Eric, Threadless and a huge company. I'm changing the title of the thread.

soloyo

eric's print on display at Gap

. .

Wharton

Yeah, this is a double dose of bullshit, this guy needs his pencils snapping.

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

Maybe we dont upload hi files at sites which society6 - red bubble, etc... That only pays coins for each print...

I'll think

v_calahan
1 design submitted -

Not sure the problem is S6, since this douche can buy prints or shirts on Threadless or elsewhere too. If he does DTG style of print, I think he can even do it from a shirt… The best is to keep on sending alerts like this and having more peeps signal him to Facebook as "fraud" & Threadless, Gap who can probably scare him off?

soloyo

I might send an e-mail to GAP

soloyo

I just saw this on their facebook page info: . .

NOTICE

• We do not own some of the design's you see on our album
  • Some of the tshirt designs you see are from another artist/designer
  • We do not make nor produce the designs
ImAGoldenGod

He works super fast. I just flooded his wall and photos with comments and links and now they're ALL gone...and I was blocked. But I reported him under "spam and scam" as well.

littlem

TURDBALLZ!!!!

Wharton

What sort of notice is that, other than a very public admittance of plagiarism?

soloyo
Wharton said:

What sort of notice is that, other than a very public admittance of plagiarism?

I know

quick-brown-fox

We do not own some of the design's you see on our album Some of the tshirt designs you see are from another artist/designer We do not make nor produce the designs

Translated

• Stolen

• Stolen

• Stolen

Wharton

We do not make nor produce the designs, we just sell them for a profit sans the hard work and dedication.

littlem

jerkfaces

quick-brown-fox

I posted this on the Threadless Facebook page and it's being looked into. Take those mothers DOWN!

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

Bummer. Hard to stop stuff like this unfortunately. All they have to do is order a print and do a high res scan of it, assuming they can't find a high enough res image from the Internet.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I left them a little angry note at least. jerkfaces.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

lulz I've just realised littlem and I use the exact same insult :)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us