Close
One second...

Some feedback please

Hello,
My first submition didn't get printed and I would love to hear some feedback from the pros of the site(and not only ^_^) I mean I think it looks cool, but what to change, so everybody thinks it is cool :)
Thank you very much :)

Watch this
Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I cannot see the art; broken link.

Threadless is a hard nut to crack if your only objective is to get a print. Besides that, there is a good community to develop, and improve, your art style and communicate about life in general.

Andreas Mohacsy
Andreas Mohacsy profile pic Alumni

the colour is good, style is fun... the eyes are a little off putting and the concept isn't as strong as most winning designs unless incredibly executed

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I wouldn't be too bummed about not being printed straight off the bat, its a rare breed that can accomplish that.

If you want some brutal feedback then:

I think the design is a little flat and could use some shading. I'm not too sure of the branch as its floating in the air and unconnected to anything. I think it could use a little texturing too. But the main thing is to question the concept, I mentioned this in another blog recently but concept is key and I think you have to really think through what you're trying to convey before illustrating.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

I wouldn't be too bummed about not being printed straight off the bat, its a rare breed that can accomplish that.

If you want some brutal feedback then:

I think the design is a little flat and could use some shading. I'm not too sure of the branch as its floating in the air and unconnected to anything. I think it could use a little texturing too. But the main thing is to question the concept, I mentioned this in another blog recently but concept is key and I think you have to really think through what you're trying to convey before illustrating.

SenJermen

^_^ Thatnks a lot for the feedback (brutal and normal :P) Now I can see some things that really could have been done differently. And @Wharton, thanks for putting the image. I don't know why it didin't work with me :)

ignzed

Wharton has already given great advice. I'd take what he said to heart and work hard at improving. It's a humbling and challenging, but very valuable journey. I'm still on it...

Outen

you're dumb

Outen

get a life

bzyglowi

I think you'd have better luck with the concept if you drew just the dream catcher and had the image of the owl 'hidden' inside the strands of the dream catcher, like an optical illusion. Although you'd still have to connect dream catcher + owl. Right now I don't know why I should associate those two things.

If you wanted to really play on the idea of a "dream catcher" you could create some sort of image within the strands that's meant to look like a dream.

Luckdoggg

This design is good just needs shading and maybe connect the branch to something darks shading in the right places on the wings will give it depth and make it pop. Cant wait to see the final result.

No account?
Join Us