Close
One second...

What's good party food?

Something hors d'oeuvre-y that's not meat... Having a party in a couple weeks and I'm stumped on appetizers.

Watch this
jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

deviled eggs! super easy to make too. i made it for the first time for thanksgiving and they came out awesome

Omair

whiteboi.

jeffreyg

salami + a good brie on crackers is also my fav

stuffed figs are good

Omair

Mozzy stickz, zza bites, gogurt, fruit by the foot, cheese slices, fundip, mayonnaise, alka seltzer, face pads, insoles, three baby hamsters, compressed air canisters, a playstation.

tragos

This message from Omair has been brought to you by Kraft Foods.

Twiggyhall

Hummus w/ pita chips & fresh veggies

Amy's mini cheese pizza pockets:

Stuffed mushrooms (homemade or frozen, depending on how much time you want to spend in the kitchen)

Caprese salad

Assorted cheeses & apple slices

Olive tray

Chocolate-covered strawberries

Pinwheel sandwiches (can be made with non-meat fillings, such as pesto with tomatoes and cheese)

I do a lot of entertaining and have both vegetarian & vegan friends :) Hope these ideas help!

tragos

Did you follow a recipe, Jeff? I've never had a deviled egg...

tragos

Thanks, Jen! googles "pinwheel sandwiches"

tragos

ooh ok. puffed pastry pinwheel sandwiches could be cool.

Twiggyhall

You're welcome!

I like things that are tasty but easy to make/serve a.k.a. I'm lazy and don't want to spend the whole day in the kitchen :)

My friends also love when I make my homesmade Chex mix, I make a regular version and a spicy version. More yummy & creative than plain old potato chips, imo

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

UNLIMITED JUICE

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I love any indian snacks for party food, onion bhajis, pakoras, samosas that kind of thing is ace.

Steve The Great

just pass around a can of whipped cream.

jeffreyg

i followed this one

but i ended up kind of winging it and just adding stuff by taste haha. and then sprinkled bacon on top

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Tyropitas. I would make them more often if SOMEONE was less Celiac-y.

They are the greatest food known to man.

Chipmnk

Bagel bites.

louisroskosch
louisroskosch profile pic Alumni

pizza is good pizza party food.

Omair

UNLIMITED JUICE.

[+duracell-]

this is hard when you take out the meat, thatswhatshesaid.

I guess ill say mini quiche. :l Or like.. something with gaucamole or something. Shoot, I dunno.

littlem

when all else fails, tater chips and onion dip is always a hit. always!

pufffed pastry with cheese melted on top, then add fresh sliced tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil afterward.

littlem

that^ could work with the crescent dough, rolled out, too. super easy

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

WarDrobeInSpareOom on Dec 04 '12 at 12:39pm Tyropitas. I would make them more often if SOMEONE was less Celiac-y.

Sounds like someone has a case of "I'm too lazy to try and make filo dough out of the new flour we use."

tragos

ohh maybe pierogi

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Bloody Mary.

It's practically food, right?

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

Vol-au-vents, cheese and pineapple hedgehogs, vegetarian samosas and cucumber sandwiches. All washed down with your finest bottle of Blue Nun.

Maybe Ritz crackers with assorted toppings? Or mini bagels with cream cheese, salmon and cherry tomatoes?

Chamuko
Chamuko profile pic Alumni

Vitamin T. ... tamales, Tacoss and Tortas

nonbloggerholly

ricky is making his yummy pumpkin dip with graham crackers and i am making sangria

tragos

ooh, what's in the pumpkin dip?

nonbloggerholly

i'm not positive, but its a whipped type thing, it's really yummy! i know for sure it has cool whip and pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and some other stuff.

No account?
Join Us