Close
One second...

Beta Changelog

Hey everyone, now that beta is pretty much launched, we're going to keep a changelog updated of everything we launch new to the site. We'll keep adding to it as we go. I might create a "Next Up" list so you guys can see what we're planning to fit next but that might be a few more days once I get re-oriented from my trip to Singapore :)

12/17
- Submission page altered to remove extra step in preview
- Collab links in subs now working

12/11
- Fixed default view for products in catalog

11/16-12/4
- Make login keep you on the page you're on
- Tons of holiday sale promotion stuff
- Better submission choosing tools internally for the new site
- More submission comments fixes
- A mega-ton of other random but important boring stuff that I won't bother going into detail on

The last couple weeks have been a bit of a bust for improving the site and more about getting us through the holidays. More meaty stuff to come soon!

11/15
- Changed pagination to be more smart so you can get to end of threads easier
- Added some more styles for formatting comments (though there may be issues with this right now)

11/14
- New navigation that is much smaller
- Added links to the collections within the SHOP nav
- Added direct links into the forums from the PLAY nav
- Removed the tabs from the top bar
- Added a cart icon
- Added the # link in the forum to link to last page
- Removed the aggressive click action on the forum listing page so you can open threads in tabs easier
- Fixed long product titles breaking things
- Fixed screwed up "MADE by" pages

11/12
- Fixes to Facebook login
- Fixes to submission comments
- Allow designs to be shown in addition to photos on product collections pages
- Speed up a slow query in scoring
- An issue with submission slider width

Answers to frequently reported issues

What's with the voting days on challenges?
Currently designs are allowed to be voted on for the entire challenge, so some designs can be voted on for 20+ days. We're going to change this so that each sub gets the same 7 days of voting as the old site.

Why can't I vote on all designs?
Currently you can only vote on designs within a challenge. We're going to be changing that to allow you to vote on all designs at the same time, not just on a per challenge basis.

Why's the nav so big?
We're changing the nav to be smaller.

The site's slow!
We're actively speeding up the site.

Why can't I search for anything other than products?
We're re-doing the search completely and until that is done there will only be product search. In the meantime if you add "site:threadless.com" to a google search it works quite well to search for anything.

Why can't I see the score during the voting period?
We will be adding this back in.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
YaaH

tracerbullet

i can't remember if i've mentioned that the participation filter doesn't work because i don't know if i've participated in this blog.

but the participation filter doesn't work.

taz-pie

^ this is why i still use old threadless

Manupix

Scoring is pretty erratic again ;_;

Manupix

The impossibility of using the browser back button / history while scoring is turning me mad.

Manupix

Looking at all subs in the regular comp. Filtering by 'I scored a x' sends back a whole page of the same 2 repeated designs that I scored a 5, whatever x is.

Random browser quasi-freezes, only thing left to do is to close Tless tab(s). More than one tab on Tless is a hazard. Random google+ new tabs open now and then.

Morkki
Mantichore said:

a button to go back to the home screen (beta.threadless.com) would be handy...

Click the Threadless logo behind MAKEPICKPLAYSHOP

stubby43

please can we have a participated button that works.

Morkki

And could we get youtube embedding to work. For the lulz.

Manupix

What is scoring doing to my firefox??? ;_;

Manupix

Clicking 'everything' on the top of a thread page sometimes (often) opens the homepage instead.

Manupix

Probable bug in many new members average score display: there's way too many 1.00, 2.00 and 3.00. See this blog.

thunderpeel

Not that I consider this to be a high priority or anything, but I just noticed that on my profile I've been demoted from 10 printed designs to 3.

Mantichore
Morkki said:
Mantichore said:

a button to go back to the home screen (beta.threadless.com) would be handy...

Click the Threadless logo behind MAKEPICKPLAYSHOP

thank you, I never noticed that.

RubberDuckyUrThe1

any idea when we're gonna be able to see our scores during scoring again?

digsy

For new year, please can we have an improved mobile site? Scoring is near impossible as there's no way to zoom on designs and the largest they show on that teeny weeny submission slide is the width of the screen even when I turn my phone sideways. (Another reason I still don't get a horizontal submission process)

Also, I'm yet to figure out a way on the mobile site to see more than the first page of the forum threads - is there a button I'm missing that will show me more?

Tim Easley

Don't want to read through all the comments, but one thing that's annoying me right now is clicking on large thumbnails of designs. I always go to click on them, but then the numbers pop up & I end up clicking to vote for a design when I actually just meant to click on it to see it. Any way the scoring can come up a bit slower or in a different position? :)

Manupix

^ this. SO ANNOYING!

Ragnampiza

Probably someone already pointed this out, but i'm going to report it the same: when i click on the "score now!" blue link on the right of someone's post, it doesn't always redirect to the profile page of that person, but sometimes it link to others or to another design that has not been subbed by that person.

Manupix

This design breaks scoring (doesn't go to next design after scoring; looks like next design = same design).

Sloooooooow site.

briancook
1 design submitted - Score now!
digsy said:

For new year, please can we have an improved mobile site? Scoring is near impossible as there's no way to zoom on designs and the largest they show on that teeny weeny submission slide is the width of the screen even when I turn my phone sideways. (Another reason I still don't get a horizontal submission process)

Also, I'm yet to figure out a way on the mobile site to see more than the first page of the forum threads - is there a button I'm missing that will show me more?

That's weird - I've scored on my iPhone just fine - I can zoom AND I'm certain I am able to turn it horizontally as well.

Andr3wSal3

Excited to see how things progress... are there any words on the app or the critique portion of the site?

Mr Rocks

Just a heads up Jake that in recent comps, submitting on the last day, so subs waiting to be approved, missed out on days of voting.

But my BANDS entries, exactly this case in point, got 7 days voting. Fair to assume this is fixed.

GREAT WORK! :)

Mr Rocks

those big word make it feel a little patronizing..I am sorry mate.

Mantichore

sorting designs is still lumped up :( good work though guys!

Manupix

Scoring erratic again, freezes twice in a row ;_;

palitosci
3 designs submitted - Score now!

ok... i´m starting mine tonight :)

RubberDuckyUrThe1
Ragnampiza said:

Probably someone already pointed this out, but i'm going to report it the same: when i click on the "score now!" blue link on the right of someone's post, it doesn't always redirect to the profile page of that person, but sometimes it link to others or to another design that has not been subbed by that person.

This for sure. When I click it just refreshes the current page I'm on.

Also in the scoring area if I try to view designs which I have previously given a 5 or whatever, it doesn't work. It loads up the last design I scored and repeats it all over the page. Like its haunting me...

digsy
Chengui said:
digsy said:

That's weird - I've scored on my iPhone just fine - I can zoom AND I'm certain I am able to turn it horizontally as well.

that is weird, cause i've tried on two different iphones and i have the same problem on both. And I can turn it horizontally, it just doesn't make the image any bigger than if i had to vertically so i end up with the one i'm voting on still itty bitty tiny and then half on the next one off to the right of it. it's odd.

digsy

also, apologies if this has been mentioned already. it's a tiny thing but when you edit the title/content of a thread it automatically reverts it to being in the general section. So for example if it was in art & design and you make some changes to the original post, unless you re-tick art & design before you save it, it'll find it's way back into general again

Manupix

404s galore. From this blog, clicking the designer's profile 404s (right click to 'open in new tag'). Clicking their scoring design works, scoring it looks like working but doesn't bring up a next design to score, and refreshing the page 404s.

the czar

Will the participated button EVER work?

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff
the czar said:

Will the participated button EVER work?

YES! PROMISE!

NomadSlim

Posted a post in the "projects" forum - it does not show up under "everything"

jublin

i'm sure you guys are working hard on this so keep up the good work. The only thing that keeps me going back to the old site is the "participated" filter, but it sounds like that's getting worked on.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

links work!

StrayTangent

I don't know if it's a bug or intentional, but when I looked up the original submission for FAUX REAL to see what the score was. So I went to Cory Pichler's profile, then clicked on faux real in the "past submission" link. That was fine, except it showed me the scores so far (1s, 5s and total average as well as total scorers) for any current in the running designs as well. I couldn't vote this way and said scoring was closed even though these designs were open for scoring.

Morkki

The "votes" tab in my profile seems to be effed up. It's missing printed designs I've definitely scored high but is showing one design that hasn't even been printed.

digsy

scoring is currently a bit wonky for me. i can score 3-4 designs fine and then it seems to "overshoot" and move 1 1/2 submissions along so i end up with half a sub on one side of the page and half a sub on the other side. I can't move back or forth and I can't see either properly. Hope that makes sense, it's rather hard to explain

L-M-N-O-P

WHERE IS MY POWERSCORE, DAMMIT?!?!?

Manupix

^this!

Also some blogs only show on the old site. Here's one.

hana.bacasno
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Thanks for these awesome updates, Jake! but... Is it possible to bring back the Street team points?

celandinestern

voting still bugs out for me, like some other people have described, and that's quite a downer as it's pushing me to vote from thumbnail view or even more often to not vote at all. Sigh.

also artist links from the products catalogue seem to always take me to the profiles of those artists on the old site.

digsy
digsy said:

scoring is currently a bit wonky for me. i can score 3-4 designs fine and then it seems to "overshoot" and move 1 1/2 submissions along so i end up with half a sub on one side of the page and half a sub on the other side. I can't move back or forth and I can't see either properly. Hope that makes sense, it's rather hard to explain

here's an example of what I'm talking about:

see how it's giving me half of one and half of another.

Also, trying to use the # to get to the last page of this blog is giving me a server error

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
No account?