Close
One second...

Beta Changelog

Hey everyone, now that beta is pretty much launched, we're going to keep a changelog updated of everything we launch new to the site. We'll keep adding to it as we go. I might create a "Next Up" list so you guys can see what we're planning to fit next but that might be a few more days once I get re-oriented from my trip to Singapore :)

12/17
- Submission page altered to remove extra step in preview
- Collab links in subs now working

12/11
- Fixed default view for products in catalog

11/16-12/4
- Make login keep you on the page you're on
- Tons of holiday sale promotion stuff
- Better submission choosing tools internally for the new site
- More submission comments fixes
- A mega-ton of other random but important boring stuff that I won't bother going into detail on

The last couple weeks have been a bit of a bust for improving the site and more about getting us through the holidays. More meaty stuff to come soon!

11/15
- Changed pagination to be more smart so you can get to end of threads easier
- Added some more styles for formatting comments (though there may be issues with this right now)

11/14
- New navigation that is much smaller
- Added links to the collections within the SHOP nav
- Added direct links into the forums from the PLAY nav
- Removed the tabs from the top bar
- Added a cart icon
- Added the # link in the forum to link to last page
- Removed the aggressive click action on the forum listing page so you can open threads in tabs easier
- Fixed long product titles breaking things
- Fixed screwed up "MADE by" pages

11/12
- Fixes to Facebook login
- Fixes to submission comments
- Allow designs to be shown in addition to photos on product collections pages
- Speed up a slow query in scoring
- An issue with submission slider width

Answers to frequently reported issues

What's with the voting days on challenges?
Currently designs are allowed to be voted on for the entire challenge, so some designs can be voted on for 20+ days. We're going to change this so that each sub gets the same 7 days of voting as the old site.

Why can't I vote on all designs?
Currently you can only vote on designs within a challenge. We're going to be changing that to allow you to vote on all designs at the same time, not just on a per challenge basis.

Why's the nav so big?
We're changing the nav to be smaller.

The site's slow!
We're actively speeding up the site.

Why can't I search for anything other than products?
We're re-doing the search completely and until that is done there will only be product search. In the meantime if you add "site:threadless.com" to a google search it works quite well to search for anything.

Why can't I see the score during the voting period?
We will be adding this back in.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

Although it's working here in the blogs - just not in the comments on the actual design submission (at least for me)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

am i the only one who can't post a link in their blog comments?

whenever I try it the page refreshes like it should have done something but the post isn't there and the blog hasn't been bumped? It's doing this on more than one of my blogs

shirtflirt

ok. this has been fun. can we go back now?

Bio-bot 9000
Bio-bot 9000 profile pic Alumni

The blogs on the Mobile beta site are pretty wonky. I can only get a single page of posts, and see no way to go to subsequent pages. Where the old Mobile site said "More" at the bottom, the new just says "Feedback". My feedback is it'd be nice to go to page 2.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Trying threa less on my phone for the first time - it seems odd that you would have a horizontal submission format but when I turn my phone horizontal it doesn't doesnt take advantage of this and fill the screen, just stays the same size as if it were still vertical. Does that make sense? Is it just my iphone? I'd really like to see a design as big as possible on a small screen and i can't do that at the moment.

Manupix

Changing scores is broken again ;_;

briancook
digsy said:

am i the only one who can't post a link in their blog comments?

whenever I try it the page refreshes like it should have done something but the post isn't there and the blog hasn't been bumped? It's doing this on more than one of my blogs

That is not happening to me.

briancook

I have the same issue on the blogs as Sam (bio-bot). There is no way to get past the first blog page...I only see the Feedback button on the bottom. I'm using an iPhone.

Manupix

2 comments in a row got eaten. Guys please.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
digsy said:

Is it just my iphone? I'd really like to see a design as big as possible on a small screen and i can't do that at the moment.

The mobile site isn't exactly the best. That's why I always go to the full site even on iPhone, the scoring works much better there and the sub slides fill the screen nicely.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Here we go again, Designs are taking forever to Load

I want to 5 this baby already but I have been waiting an hour for it to finish loading

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

people still use IE?

StevenLefcourt

Not sure if it has been covered, but it seems designs with 1 day left to score get moved to the "past designs" section on profiles prematurely. I haven't checked to see if they are affected similarly on other parts of the site.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

One quirky thing I've noticed is that on my design page it briefly flashes up as 2.7 million Facebook likes before it changes to 7 or whatever. I'm like -my design has gone viral! Oh no, wait.... :)

StevenLefcourt

yeah, mine always says 2.8 mil at the start

littlem

not sure if this has been mentioned, but, when i'm on page 2 of the blogs, i can't get back to page 1 unless i click the everything button. :/

StevenLefcourt

just tried it, and it works for me...I wonder whats wrong

littlem

worked right now! ha

littlem

is the filter working for anyone?

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

One note about finished scoring designs, that might have been raised already, anyways… the "ended scoring XXX days ago" came in handy, helped out with locating your subs in time, and to mourn over any hope of print (even though, gladly, there are exceptions to the 15/30 day rule ;^) ) and moving on with it. Is that in the pipeline?

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

One issue on Chrome: When in blogs filtering by "participated" or "watched" does nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

StevenLefcourt

I dont think it works in any browser

jeffreyg
Musarter said:

One issue on Chrome: When in blogs filtering by "participated" or "watched" does nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

yeah, doesn't work at the moment. still working out some kinks

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

wtf. i've tried to post in here three times now and it's not showing up naturally this one will work as it's not the issue i was actually trying to post about

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

lets try again.

are designs "ending" prematurely. One of my subs is no longer showing as current on my profile. Instead of being under designs open for voting it's now under Past Submissions but if you actually go to the submission page it's not showing as finished (no score, # pf votes etc) and sats that it still has 1 more day. so which is it - still going or not? I would love to post a link to it but i can't get that to work at the moment either still!

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

right there next to my name it also still says "3 designs submitted" but on my profile it's saying only 2 the missing one being the one I'm referring to above. So the site seems confused as to whether it's actually finished yet

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Never mind, it fixed itself. Showing as complete on the submission page now as well. Was definitely a lag there though

StevenLefcourt

I haven't received a print notification since the new site went live- that's probably a bug, right?

StevenLefcourt

also, digsy, that seems to be a common issue at the moment

the czar

Boy I really wish the option buttons would work so I could see the blogs I've participated in.

StevenLefcourt

for now I suggest you check your recent posts section or whatever in your profile, they can show you some blogs youve been chatting in

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

All of my missing designs showed up in my profile, but now they're out of order.

Free_Bee
Free_Bee profile pic Alumni

Same here, but mine are in order. The old designs only display HTML (no flash), though not a big dea. Everything else is shaping up pretty good. I'm starting to enjoy voting again.

Manupix
TheInfamousBaka said:

All of my missing designs showed up in my profile, but now they're out of order.

Same here.

mathiole
mathiole profile pic Alumni

Now, when i submit a design, it stays open for voting till the end of the contest... The 7 days rule has been gone? Last time i submitted a design 3 days before the deadline, and instead of having 7 days of scoring, it had only 3... doesn't this sounds unfair?

hobigambar

Why my profile isn't update? :(

jeffreyg
mathiole said:

Now, when i submit a design, it stays open for voting till the end of the contest... The 7 days rule has been gone? Last time i submitted a design 3 days before the deadline, and instead of having 7 days of scoring, it had only 3... doesn't this sounds unfair?

earlier jake said they will be going back to the 7 day rule. still working out the kinks with the system probably

reneehartig
reneehartig profile pic Alumni

Keep up the good work y'all!

tatyana.skripnikova

I had run in a certain bug several times. I cannot comment on the design that has finished scoring. The page goes blank and if I reload, my comment isn't there.

tatyana.skripnikova

Also, is this okay that a deleted thread is accessible via the saved link and does not display 404 or something?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
No account?
Join Us