Close
One second...

Beta Changelog

Hey everyone, now that beta is pretty much launched, we're going to keep a changelog updated of everything we launch new to the site. We'll keep adding to it as we go. I might create a "Next Up" list so you guys can see what we're planning to fit next but that might be a few more days once I get re-oriented from my trip to Singapore :)

12/17
- Submission page altered to remove extra step in preview
- Collab links in subs now working

12/11
- Fixed default view for products in catalog

11/16-12/4
- Make login keep you on the page you're on
- Tons of holiday sale promotion stuff
- Better submission choosing tools internally for the new site
- More submission comments fixes
- A mega-ton of other random but important boring stuff that I won't bother going into detail on

The last couple weeks have been a bit of a bust for improving the site and more about getting us through the holidays. More meaty stuff to come soon!

11/15
- Changed pagination to be more smart so you can get to end of threads easier
- Added some more styles for formatting comments (though there may be issues with this right now)

11/14
- New navigation that is much smaller
- Added links to the collections within the SHOP nav
- Added direct links into the forums from the PLAY nav
- Removed the tabs from the top bar
- Added a cart icon
- Added the # link in the forum to link to last page
- Removed the aggressive click action on the forum listing page so you can open threads in tabs easier
- Fixed long product titles breaking things
- Fixed screwed up "MADE by" pages

11/12
- Fixes to Facebook login
- Fixes to submission comments
- Allow designs to be shown in addition to photos on product collections pages
- Speed up a slow query in scoring
- An issue with submission slider width

Answers to frequently reported issues

What's with the voting days on challenges?
Currently designs are allowed to be voted on for the entire challenge, so some designs can be voted on for 20+ days. We're going to change this so that each sub gets the same 7 days of voting as the old site.

Why can't I vote on all designs?
Currently you can only vote on designs within a challenge. We're going to be changing that to allow you to vote on all designs at the same time, not just on a per challenge basis.

Why's the nav so big?
We're changing the nav to be smaller.

The site's slow!
We're actively speeding up the site.

Why can't I search for anything other than products?
We're re-doing the search completely and until that is done there will only be product search. In the meantime if you add "site:threadless.com" to a google search it works quite well to search for anything.

Why can't I see the score during the voting period?
We will be adding this back in.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
stubby43

I kind of like it, its a cool feature.

FlyingMonkeyMan

oh and it looks like putting a - under your comment works too

I like big words, leave it in as a feature!

lol

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

We'll leave the big words but fix the spacing :)

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

line-height:26px;

All the big texts are h1's? Yikes.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

New slimmed up nav is up as is the # on threads to link to last page. Ill update the change log when I'm not computering on my phone

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Awesome!

agrimony
agrimony profile pic Alumni

i saw the #

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Thanks Jake for this, DEF a right step in keeping the community in the loop :)

Question: I thought I had backed up all my slogans from the previous tab but I have not, is there a way I can get back into the older Threadless setup one last time and make a pdf of my slogans so they won't just be thrown on the trash pile? lol.

Also I was wondering where on the priority list is merging our previous accounts in terms of the proper amount of prints/proper amount of designs voted on/etc in our accounts?

find large text completely a novelty until it can actively move around the screen and blast the other comments you don't like into smithereens!

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

your old profile is still there right now.

the prints/votes is fairly high on the list.

FRICKINAWESOME

Thanks so much Jake! I tried previously to access it but for some reason couldn't, perhaps it was during the changeover to the beta site...

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

Last page link! YES!!!!! Thanks guys!

FRICKINAWESOME

Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but am I doing something wrong with trying to filter the forum to "participated and/or watched" and nothing happens?

myteemo
myteemo profile pic Alumni

Maybe someone has mentioned this somewhere, but whenever I click on a threadless link from my iPhone I get an error message.

[+duracell-]

hurray for functioning # !

when you get to it - perhaps maybe possibly if we had a working preview window or an edit button half of my posts would look more professional and less like diarrhea, please thanks.

Goldendust

Duracell, your preview window doesn't work? What's wrong with it?

I'm really liking the new post format options. There's even an undo/redo button! Has anyone tried playing around with the limits of the code button?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

The code button is used if you want to display a bit of html without the browser interpreting as an actual bit of code, like this:

<a href="http://beta.threadless.com">link</a>
[+duracell-]
heykimby said:

Duracell, your preview window doesn't work? What's wrong with it?

Well like for example - if I type something, hit enter hits enter then type something else, it all gets strung together on one line even though preview window says I'm good. Makes formatting difficult.

Goldendust

Morkki... I just assumed it was just for using html within the blogs. But yeah, that might be useful?

Duracell, I forgot about the line breaks thing - I haven't noticed it messing up lately?

bottleHeD

I think an official bug-reporting blog should be maintained and stickied too.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

HASHTAGS ARE BACK

silverqe
silverqe profile pic Alumni

New SHOP navigation (no images, condensed format) looks much better, Jake.

littlem

ballz

littlem

so big

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni

Something I have just noticed is that because all designs are saved as threads I have to click hundreds of times to get to any of my old blogs are they are all chucked in together which I am finding really unhelpful

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni

weird sentences there :S

shirtflirt

wow this is weirdless

shirtflirt

did i say shirtless?

shirtflirt said:

wow this is weirdless

shirtflirt

1. enter code here
  2. List item
  3. List item
shirtflirt

i'm so lost but i don't mind bumping into things that have padded corners

micheleficeli

Great improvements i see here. Also, good thing to get the hashtag back. Any plan to modify the filters' sidebar in the shop? I think it works/looks not as good as it was in the old site. I'd suggest to remove the roll-over scrollbars and just make it condensed as it was.

Thanks for keeping us updated :)

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff
shirtflirt said:

i'm so lost but i don't mind bumping into things that have padded corners

some of the formatting stuff is broken but we have a fix in for it that should ship today.

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni
silverqe said:

robotwaste

Nice, I can finally navigate to the last page of a thread.

agrimony

i have a question for people:

Do you guys actually use the various forum sub categories to post stuff? I just post everything under general =/

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

i kinda doubt people currently use the categories but i think this new format will encourage people to do so more.

nickv47

comments on designs aren't working again.

nickv47

working now.

when you tweet a design, it's not kicking out a link back.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff
opifan64 said:
silverqe said:

aw what happened to this

jstumpenhorst
jstumpenhorst profile pic Alumni

Great blog! I like being able to see the progress you guys are making on continually improving the site! Here is something that I just noticed that was an issue for me personally (and i'm guessing others as well):

On my profile it only shows 4 of my printed designs, it lists me as having 3 prints and I actually have 6 prints. Make sense? No? Yes?

TGIF!!!

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

sorry about all the dotted lines, they are about to go away :) as for the shop nav, it's currently being a/b tested with and without the images.

the czar

I still can't score more than a few subs without getting stuck

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

The site is still mind-bendingly slow, to the point that I give up trying to load certain pages.

agrimony

i havent had much problems with the slowness at work. at home though it feels laggy

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
No account?
Join Us