Close
One second...

Help us pick the next design challenge!

Do you have a theme or product you’re dying to see everyone design for? Cats? Horses? Tree scarves? Tell us your idea and we’ll reward you with fame and fortune. By fame and fortune we mean we’ll announce your name in your very own blog post and give you a $300 Threadless gift code.

Here’s whatcha gotta do: In the comments, write your theme in bold then a sentence or two of copy for the challenge to make sure we get the gist. Your challenge can be to design around a particular theme or to design for a brand new product.

Example numero uno:
Create a design about cats! Cats are the Earth’s cutest and most respected animal. Create a design that show your love (or hate) for those slightly snobbish felines.

Example numero dos:
Create a design for footy pajamas Create a design that perfectly matches the warm fuzzy feeling you get just by slipping your toes into a new pair of PJs.

You have until Tuesday, November 13 at 10 am CT to submit your ideas!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
Twiggyhall

Threadless Loves Chuck Norris

'nuff said

pyr4lis

Theme #3 Optical Illusions Create a design with an optical illusion. Can be 3d or something more abstract in color or pattern that makes your eyes cross. There can be a hidden message or image but it doesn't have to or even one of those that looks like one thing at first glance but is actually something else when you look closer.

littlem

oh man, i've been wanting threadless boxer shorts for yearssss!

Twiggyhall

Threadless Loves Poop

Only Annie is allowed to "submit"

Twiggyhall

Oooh, I like the optical illusion idea, Lori!!

cogigoc
1 design submitted - Score now!

@littlem yeah, same here

@jesshanebury why don't threadless make it?

pyr4lis

haha :) thanks Twiggy I like that one. I was thinking about THIS since it's one of my favorite shirts and like I never see stuff like this really printed or subbed.

Also it works for girls and guys!

Although I'd personally also love a Threadless loves Bunnies comp but it might be too girly :P But bunnies are awesome and sometimes scary. Seriously I had bunnies as a kid that I swear were scary mutant satan bunnies.. and I've had adorable tiny honey bunny cuddly balls of fluff.

Twiggyhall

Oh yeah! I have/love that shirt, too :)

TEENAGE MUTANT SATAN BUNNIES!!!!

Ryder
1 design submitted - Score now!

Threadless Loves Religious Figures

Ragnampiza

Threadless loves Abstract: just leave puns or any other meanings you can give to a design in your desk's drawer and let your imagination flow freely in your subconscious. Remember to wake up at some point and leave a mark on some sort of canvas to enter the challenge.

Create a design for sneakers: wouldn't it be great to have some sort of design on your shoes? It could be something classy, urban style or everyday's life, or whatever you can imagine it to be. Just leave your imagination walk its road.

Akaka

Threadless loves mouse mats Create a cool design for a mouse mat / mouse pad. Spice up your work station at the office by bringing in an artistic mouse pad, or make it the star of the chaos that is your computer desk at home.

Threadless loves The Avengers ...because.... yes please... (now you only need to get Marvel on board :P)

Treadless loves Vans design the craziest shoe ever or the most stylish, go wild with patterns and colours. The comfiest pair of shoes in your closet can also be the one you get the most compliments for. (And now you only need Vans on board :/)

Threadless loves Type tees A design challenge to motivate more sloganeers and artists to work together, and maybe even create another clever Threadless classic to be reprinted until both parties are rolling in money.

Twiggyhall

Threadless Loves Vans

(dibs on the last one)

Akaka

LOL. I wonder what the shipping cost of one of those would be. That last one is epic.

RickHoward

It would be cool to have some designs for Mailbox covers. The only ones that exist are sports logos, birds and holidays.

tatyana.skripnikova

Duct tape Design an awesome pattern for the most awesome repair tool on the planet - duct tape!

beangod3

I'm Batman! Create your very own Dark Knight inspired tee, from Adam West to Christian Bale, Give us your best POW WHAM ZING

celandinestern

Threadless Loves Skin Art - create a design that you'd wear on your skin. Think outside the box of regular tattoo design and imagine creative images and shapes that you'd want to rock on your body, and we'll print them in the form of temporary tattoo stickers.

bortwein

tatyana.skripnikova said: Create a mug design Everyone loves those sometimes steamy and friendly warm, sometimes chilly cool mugs with their delicious contents. So why don't you decorate your own Threadless mug? Go for it!

I'm so in for this one. And if anyone submits a mug that I already designed (you know what I'm talking about) then I'm kicking yo azz.

beangod3

Everyone looks better in Spandex! Create a design for a bike jersey that you finally wont be embarresed to be seen in. Show off your inner bike nerd!

celandinestern

Threadless Loves Mucky Weather - create a design for a pair of fashionable rubber boots (with fuzzy lining) that will keep your feet warm and dry during the wet/ sleety/ snowy season ahead. Alternatively, create a pattern/ design for an umbrella.

celandinestern

I also agree that mug designs would be awesome.

bortwein

Threadless Love Bottle Caps Design a bottle cap tee or bottle cap collection tee. What flavor are you? Winner would get a collection of printed bottle caps with their design on it as well as a few more with classic Threadless favorite designs on them. Extra bonus idea would be that the bottle caps would be either made into fridge magnets or button badges like the ellie badge

bortwein

Threadless Loves Soup! Yeah you heard me right... Threadless LOVES Soup. Create a design that is inspired by Soup. Winner gets their design printed onto a tee. Additional prizes could include: Set of Naked & Angry dishware of their choice. Flown to Chicago to have dinner with Skaw and a select group of Threadless Staff. 1 Can of Soup with a custom made Threadless Alumni Soup Label by the awesome Joe. Soup must be type must be noted in the comments of the design submission or you risk the "Threadstaff Choice" of soup.

bortwein

darn typo. "Soup Type Must be noted in the comments..."

bigfriendlygiant

Create a Design Inspired by Mister Rogers Sure sweaters are the easy answer but he gave us so much more - the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, the little trolley, changing shoes in the middle of the day! This could be huge.

EZFL

Threadless Loves (art style / movement)

Threadless Loves… Dada Plakatstil Futurism Surrealism Cubism and so-on.

It could even be a series of contests… every couple of weeks have a new style/movement. A bit of research/learning would be involved too. LEARNING IS FUN.

Redrocket1701

create a design based around time. This can be anything from watches to the Time Lord to the bunny from Alice in Wonderland. The only criteria is that it has to be based around the word Time

Bio-bot 9000

Threadless Loves Amphibians!

Amphibians (frogs, toads, salamanders, and more) are beautiful, bizarre, and also cool, but amphibians around the world are rapidly disappearing, with at least one third of all species facing extinction. Amphibians play important roles in food chains, insect control, medicine, and folk-lore. Create a design that celebrates the diversity and uniqueness of amphibians: with over 7,000 species, there is plenty to celebrate and protect. Get hoppin'!

(ideally proceeds would benefit amphibian conservation, similar to the Bat challenge. More can be learned at AmphibiaWeb or Amphibian Ark)

celandinestern

Carrot and coriander soup for me please. Or pumpkin soup, that's good too. No wait, wild mushroom soup is the best after all. Mmmmm soup.

Threadless Loves Bugs - Create a design inspired by insects. Beautiful, fascinating and pretty much as close to aliens as we're likely to encounter in our daily lives, insects inhabit a world that mostly slips by us unnoticed. Whether you're telling an epic war story of two battling anthills, admiring the beauty of dragonfly wings or facing the bug-eyed weirdness of the mantis, share with us your favorite insect encounters.

bortwein

Threadless Loves Bowling! You know you rock the Pins from time to time and maybe once you rocked a team shirt with some crazy made up name. Well this would be your chance to Create your best fake named bowling Team shirt. Winner would get their shirt printed and be flown to Chicago to participate in the "Team Photo" for the website. If they can't afford to get the flights in time for that awesome prize perhaps they Fly the Shirt and a special Tall Photographer to your site to take your photo to be used on the site. If the winner is flown out to Chicago they would spend some time with the staff and hit the lanes for some fun filled pin striking. Extra special and probably impossible to get prizes: Custom Threadless Themed Bowling Shoes, Custom Threadless Logo engraved Bowling ball, Embroidered Logo Bowling Ball Bag, Custom Embroidered Button Down Old Skool Bowling Shirt with your name (or user name) on it.

bortwein

Theradless Loves Skaw You know they do, but don't you think they need a shirt about it too? I do. Create your best Skaw Tribute or Roast shirt. Winner would get a chance to met the man in person. He and a tall photographer would fly out to your location where you can get all the dirt about Threadless out of him while dinning at some of your best local restaurants. You'd pose while wearing your new Skaw shirt next to Skaw. How crazy would that be. Extra special option would be that Skaw and the Photographer crash at your place during the visit but that would be up to the group of you.

bortwein

Twiggyhall said Threadless Loves Vans

This one has me written all over it. Or instead of the challenge they just Reprint me.

bortwein

Threadless Loves Candy We all have some sort of sweet tooth so why not channel all that sugar high power into creating an awesome Candy Themed design. Winner gets printed and big a bag of candy of their choice. I know bringing up this contest idea right after Halloween is probably a bad idea since we are all stuffed with sweets already, but 2 words: Christmas Candy!

bortwein

Threadless Loves Coffee 2, Return of the Caffeine buzz a Sequel to the first Loves Coffee challenge. Only because I didn't win the first one and I'm still bitter that my designs scored so poorly during that one. :-P

EZFL

Threadless Loves The Masters

The masters being iconic/gods of art and design (Goya, Rubens, Lissitzky, Picasso, Magritte, Rand etc.)

The challenge being that you pick an art/design master and create something utilizing their visual style, color pallets, subject matter/themes...

Again, like my other idea, this would also encourage some research and learning into something that's beneficial to an artist. To limit/have some control over who is considered a master just state that the artist would need to be one commonly found in those big 50lb history of... art reference books.

elisabislet

Create a design about New Year's resolutions. The really stupid ones. And the ones you never keep.

doriandenes

How about... soles!? Imagine, the design will leave marks wherever you go. In principle, it's just like a large rubber stamp. Sneakers leaving funky "prints" behind. The left and the right does not have to be the same either.

bortwein

Threadless Loves Golf! FORE! Take a swing at designing your best Golf Themed shirt. Besides the shirt getting printed the Winner could win a chance to play a round of golf with 3 Threadstaff golfers. Location to be determined by Threadless. Winner would also get: Brand New Golf Club (Driver of the winners choice) with a Custom Embroidered Driver Head Cover with the Threadless Alumni Logo on it.

bortwein

sorry pyr4lis I missed that you already posted about Candy.

jul_lalb

Create a Holiday inspired design The Holidays are coming and I seem to find nothing on Threadless related that would show some cheers! We could include both Hanukah and Christmas or even winter themed in this contest. I'm thinking how funny it would be to have a drinking Santa and reindeer on a t-shirt!

bortwein

Threadless Hates Stress ...but would love to have a great Stress Themed shirt. How do you handle stress in life or what really stresses you out... why not create a design about that so you can let some of that stress go or share how you handle it. Winner would get, well we won't tell you so it stresses you out a bit more but it would be really cool so you'd want it. Also the deadline for the challenge would only last 4 days and you will only find out about it when we send out an email the day before the challenge ends. But don't worry you will have time to get something done in time we know it. Don't stress over it. ;-)

pyr4lis

haha thats fine :) With such a long post like this duplicates are possible lol I love your coffee mug idea. I've been trying for alumni status since they released that alumni mug :P I love coffee mugs.

bortwein

Threadless Loves Collecting This is your chance to create a design with a big collection of stuff on it. You know those type of designs that have so much stuff on them that is all related and grouped up in a cool visual grid or giant mass of stuff. How many related items can YOU cram onto a t-shirt and still make it look good. Well this is your chance.

bortwein

Thanks pyr4lis, but the mug idea was from atyana.skripnikova. I wish I had posted it first. I'd be already for that one.

Maquetita

**Create a design about your favorite band. Create something totally symbolic about them so everyone can know who they are

bortwein

Threadless Loves Breakfast Any time of the day sounds about right. Cook up your best Breakfast Themed design for this yummy challenge. Winner would get the prize at the bottom of the Cereal Box... that's right the printed copy of their design. The cereal box would be custom designed by Joe!

carobiscuit

**Create a faux metal band shirt -- the more ironic the better. I think it would be hilarious to have a shirt in gothic text that says something like BAMBI MOTHER KILLERSZZ or CANNIBAL KANGAROOS

bortwein

Threadless Loves a Good Mystery Whodunit? Maybe it was YOU. Create your best mystery themed tee. Maybe it is a secret code shirt, or a mystery novel spoof. Better yet a design that you need to find the hidden killer right there on the tee. Oh the suspense is killing me. Just don't let the butler do it, get out of your box and create that perfect killer design. The winning prizes could be Mystery Movie or Novel themed, or better yet a deluxe version of the Game Clue.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
No account?