Close
One second...

Raffle to win a $25 Amazon GC and original print!

Now through November 18th, a $10 donation to Many Hopes gets you a raffle ticket entry to win a $25 Amazon gift card and an original piece of artwork from our own celandinestern. Donate here.

Watch this
jet approves

your page doesn't work. :(

Kookaberry
Kookaberry profile pic Alumni

I used the link where I edit the page instead of the correct one, oops! It should work now, thanks.

jet approves

Are you in that video on your page? The second woman speaking looks incredibly like you if not.

Kookaberry

Yes that is me :) and thank you kindly for your support!

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I recognize at least two people in that video.

Kookaberry

I'm surprised you recognize the one buried under all that beard hair.

John looks a bit different, too.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Jokes!

Also, it looks like you've been up to some awesome stuff.

Kookaberry

Volunteering is like this thing that everyone needs to do. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. You learn so many professional skills , you meet crazy interesting people, and I've never spent more time in mansions than I have since taking this on. And I'm HELPING people all while doing this? Craziness.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

Sounds awesome. Can I donate a random original drawing, or is that lameass?

jet approves

Amy, how did you get involved with this project? I really want to find and commit to a good volunteer project but I'm not quite sure where to look.

Kookaberry

Celandinestern - that would be wonderful!

Jeanette - being in DC, it's a matter of tripping and falling into one, I think. Where do you live?

Kookaberry

Do you have a specific type of cause you feel particularly passionate about? Now that I'm in the volunteer world, I know a lot more nonprofit organizations and people who work or volunteer in them, so I could try to track down something for you. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is some website that helps you pick a volunteer network out there, but it's difficult to put one through a good vetting process until you actually show up to meetings, etc. so I could keep an eye peeled for you.

Kookaberry

Fark, I'm tired. Sorry for the redundancy in that post. Awful.

Kookaberry

Anyone? I want to do this by the 11th.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I'm still game to donate a drawing and send it out by mail to whoever wins.

Kookaberry

Can you send me an email at my email address posted to the right?

No account?
Join Us