Close
One second...

Rest in Peace - New sub + Video process SCORING!

Watch this
Goto75
Goto75 profile pic Alumni

Great stuff!

Shadyjibes
Shadyjibes profile pic Alumni

haha awesome!!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

haha very cool

Naolito
Naolito profile pic Alumni

Thanks guys!

Naolito

Included video process

Naolito

Thanks man :)

palitosci
palitosci profile pic Alumni

Great as always!

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Nice one. Your work is always top notch.

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

Another amazing design. The process video really shows off all the details shadows/lines act that go into your work.

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

fucking brilliant.

Naolito

I'm glad you like it :D

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Love all of the little details you put here and there. The process video was great to watch!

Naolito

thanks!

PeculiarTiffany
1 design submitted -

Do you plan your color palettes ahead of time or do you just wing it as you're working? You're great with color. :-)

bottleHeD

Kickass process!

Naolito

For this design, I knew that I wanted to use a brown t-shirt due to all the red tones of the elements. I was just a bit worried about the green.

Before I start the design, I use to do a superfast color sketch to see if my initial idea about coloring is working. This time I liked the result so everything went fast :)

Naolito

bump

PeculiarTiffany
1 design submitted -

Thanks for the insight. :-) You make it look effortless.

Naolito

haha it's not!

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

hahha cool! thanks for the video!

jodabaum
jodabaum profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

love the video and music!!!

Naolito

I'm glad you like it! I'm planning to record myself with more designs soon, next time the strokes and tools will be visible so the video is more entertaining and instructive :)

opippi
opippi profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

ohhhhh man, this is soooooo sweeet. Congrats $5

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

ahahaha, another winner dude!

I think that burnt match was involved in the same accident as this guy but wasn't as lucky and never recovered:

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

this is a mus!

addu

Amazing!

Naolito

Haha evan, the transfer to his coffin was really ease :P

Glad you like it!

Naolito

bump!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I didn't realize how you create shadow until watching the video, you do it in reverse and take away the bits around the character, very cool :)

eQuivalent
eQuivalent profile pic Alumni

Great work!

temyongsky
temyongsky profile pic Alumni

Awesome work sir! One question how do you do those awesome straight lines? :D Thanks for the process vid!

Naolito

I use to try to do the lines directly, I like the look of the sightly imperfect lines. But when your hand is too shaky, and mine was yesterday, you can do straight lines by clicking shift before you start the line, so it will be perfectly horizontal or perpendicular depending on the direction of your stroke. If you want to do straight lines in different angles, the only solution I know, besides of the pen tool, is to rotate your canvas in the required angle. I hope it helps!

Naolito

didn't bump

coconutman

WOW! so nice! how many time did yo spend drawing it?

Naolito

Thanks! It took 85 minutes to ink and color. I can't tell about the previous sketch, I did it some time ago, probably about 10-15 minutes.

temyongsky
temyongsky profile pic Alumni

Awesome! so you turn off first the pen pressure before doing it right? I didn't know that shift thing can make a straight line! thanks for the info Sir! And yeah I do prefer a much natural look of lines but when things got really messed up I may have to do this trick. again BIG thanks Sir and Gudluck on your design! :D

Raulio
Raulio profile pic Alumni

Aweome work and great video process!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

If you want to do straight lines in different angles, the only solution I know, besides of the pen tool, is to rotate your canvas in the required angle.

There is a really simple way to draw straight lines in any direction in Photoshop! With the brush or pencil tool, 1: click on the starting point of the line 2. press and hold shift 3. click on the ending point. If you keep holding shift you can continue clicking to continue the line in any direction!

Morkki

Oh and that's a great design and video!

bykai
bykai profile pic Alumni

great concept.. cute design

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Yeah, for some reason I was like oooh where/how did that straight line come in so quickly.

I've used that shift thing before though, but don't use it very often because it doesn't always match very well with the rest.

I enjoyed the vid & the pic. turned out awesometastic!

Naolito is No. 4 in the top scoring artists table with an average of 2.95 and Morkki is No.10!

Morkki

In the what now

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

It was on Threadstats (top scoring artists).

Naolito

I forgot about that Morkki :) The only problem with that solution is that you need to turn off the pen pressure to get the full line, by holding shift while you make the lines horizontally or perpendicular, you can control the thickness of the like. But yes, most of the time the line keep the same thickness from start to end, so it's a better solution :)

Whoa Thomas! Are you sure about that?

I love to see that the video is generating some technical discussion where we all learn :)

Naolito

Scoring!

No account?
Join Us