Close
One second...

Cloud Atlas

Would love to know your thoughts about the pending movie.
Personally, considering the people involved...I'm expecting the worst.

Watch this
d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

i remember maybe seeing a trailer somewhere or something and thinking it looked cool or perhaps boring.

Twiggyhall

I thought this blog was gonna be about your penis's triumphant return to Threadless

DaddyDom

It is impossible for my penis to return due to its omnipresent nature.

How the fuck are y'all?

DaddyDom

And to Leon, the book kicked ass

Twiggyhall

hahahahaha true dat!

I am doing fabulous :)

I am happy to see you (& to still see your penis)

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Considering the people involved? Folks like Tom Hanks, Tom Twyker, and Jim Broadbent are in this movie, what FUCKING HACKS right? ;)

Dunno man, the trailer I saw with M83 blaring in the background perfectly set to a story that spans what seems like thousands of years with Tom Hanks and Halle Berry meeting and re-meeting from medieval times to futuristic speeder bike battles was stirring to say the least. The story reminded me of an adult version of The Princess Bride I was thoroughly smashed when I saw the trailer though, so maybe it impacted me more than it would normally haha.

Hmm, you thought the book kicked ass, but Lidija said she found it disappointing. Personally, I wasn't even aware this "BESTSELLING BOOK BLOCKBUSTER" even existed before seeing the trailer lol, which is strange because my fiance reads a ton of books and I'm in Barnes and Noble fairly regularly and check out the latest releases while there. When was this on the top seller list?

I kind of don't want to find out anything else about it other than the scant details the trailer gave you scatter shot. I mean, the words Cloud Atlas together is as cool a word pairing as Cellar Door is according to Donnie Darko :p

I think the Wachowski bros are still capable of making good things, and it might be best with them playing grand overseers as producers working with very talented people that can hopefully bring out the best in them.

I think Cloud Atlas looks pretty darned incredible (in music video form at any rate) and will probably be let down, but hey, anticipation is almost as fun as the actual movie sometimes :)

This started as just a quick comment and quickly ballooned out of control, please forgive me Dom's penis.

Twiggyhall

An Evan comment ballooning out of control??? Weird. :p

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I actually found the book a bit of a disappointment. The structure and linking across ages thing are cool, but when you look at each individual segment, only one or two didn't strike me as trite, common and pretty pulpish really. That said, the book read like a movie, so I'm thinking the movie is gonna be pretty good.

taz-pie

i almost can't picture how the movie will translate the wtf feeling i got while reading the book. i really enjoyed the book!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Well it certainly looks epic, and that's what the Wachowskis do. I'm still not convinced they can make a movie that makes sense though.

And you shouldn't call the Wachowskis bros anymore. Larry is Lana nowadays. I learned that today!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Twiggyhall on Oct 09 '12 at 2:17am An Evan comment ballooning out of control??? Weird. :p

I had a five page rebuke to that claim, and then I realized how ironic that was to your statement and thought "well played Twigz, WELL PLAYEDDDD." and hit the delete button :p

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Morkki, yeah you're right, the Wachowski twins I should say now, haha.

I don't understand what you mean by the Wachowski's making am ovie that makes sense. The first Matrix and V For Vendetta were pretty air-tight in terms of plot and concept completion I thought...

I'm going into the flick with my eyes and head wide open, and looking forward to see where the film takes me.

Twiggyhall

hahahahahahah! You know I luv ya, friend :p

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Matrix is fine as an action flick but as scifi it's just stupid. The basic premise of humans as an energy source is ridiculous - it just ignores laws of physics. I could never turn my brain off and just accept that! V For Vendetta is better, but... then they made Speed Racer.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

hahah my complete lack of knowledge of physics allowed me to be quite enthusiastic about Matrix one! But god, yes, speed racer and all the other horrible matriceeeeez and stuff.

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Please, the Matrix was fine science fiction. According to your "not breaking the laws of physics thing", then I guess Back to the Future is terrible science fiction?

BLASPHEMY!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Back to the Future is comedy. I get jokes! I also get the Matrix: it's guns and sunglasses and bullet time, and that's fine. But the plot is just shit.

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Is it shit? Or does it just hinge on something that required you to suspend your disbelief, just like BTTF. Granted, they are different genres, but they are both science fiction. That genre almost by defenition is going to require you to believe something that is AT BEST on the fringes of being possible.

Twiggyhall

I don't want to sound like Jeff, but I've never seen the Matrix

hides

deathcabfortom

I don't know what ya'll are talking about, but this movie is gonna be AWESOME.

Check out the book.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I looked at Matrix less as laws of psychics and more as an existentialism class for the dumbed-down action movie set, and it succeeded magnificently at that. haha@not turning your brain off Morkki when The Matrix is probably one of the smartest action movies of all time. I look at Matrix less as sci-fi and more as an action flick with sci fi elements.

I actually really enjoyed the second Matrix despite its flaws (It was very cool seeing the Matrix from the computer program shortcuts side as opposed to the first movie's more human, outsiders view, and The Architect was a pretty brilliant conceptual climax), but the third movie just instantly collapsed into a dumb as dirt action orgasm that took all the high thoughts and themes of the first two movies and took a Transformers sized dump on it.

Twiggyhall on Oct 09 '12 at 5:33pm I don't want to sound like Jeff, but I've never seen the Matrix

hides

By god we will find you Twigz, and make you write a 20 page paper on just what the fuck the Oracle eventually meant in the scheme of the series, because I lost the thread once she changed into another actor in the third film.

Twiggyhall

The Oracle??

p.s. bewbs that big don't stay in place like that without help from a push-up bra

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Have you seen the Animatrix? I think that was by far more thought provoking than the actual movies.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Animatrix was totally best thing in the Matrix franchise

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Have you seen it....ON WEED?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I heard that if you watch anime on weed your eyes stay that way!

Anyway, I will give Cloud Atlas a chance.

nasmo
nasmo profile pic Alumni

The book was awesome. I feel like there's a 75% chance that the movie is an absolute train wreck, a 25% chance that it's incredible, and a 0% chance that it's anything in between.

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

the extended trailer makes it look like either the next greatest thing or the next biggest flop....early reviews suggest it is better than mediocre, but less than amazing

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I was gonna mention the Animatrix...yeah, the two-part story of how the skies were scorched and the battle between machines and humans was AMAZING.

Also my hero Peter Chung of Aeon Flux fame did an incredible entry into the Animatrix series. I wish they would do another run of shorts.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

haha@nasmo's percentages of awesomeness.

No account?