Chainletter Attack

• by Wore Vms
  • posted Sep 19, 2012
  • 42 Comments

Watch this
Wore Vms

A idea i had... what do you think about it, could work??

Wore Vms

Obviously its just a sketch, it should ve vectorized before posting it

strangejanedesigns

That's neat! Nice solid lines. It's different and very creative. I like it.

picolor

cool!~

Wore Vms

thanks for feedback, i will work on vectors today!

Wore Vms

The texts read:

"Starring: Your Emma Ilbox & Thefu King Spam" THE CHAINLETTER ATTACK ! Any savior firewall will be able to help you... Usually here is the text that you will never read, where are the names of the people and the companies that you dont care trying to get some protagonism, and telling you thing like the release year and that the movie is a trademark"

What do you think about it, would you change something in the text? I talk spanish, and english is not my language, so im not sure if its all ok... If i had some error please let me know! Thank You!

Wore Vms

Oh, almost forgot to say, its 5 colours without counting the black.

AdamGEmerson

I would lose the black box with the text "Usually here is the text..." It just doesn't look right there.

I would also drop the starring text at the top and change the font of the any savior text.

"Any savior firewall will be able to help you." Is this proper grammar? Not sure. But it seems to negate the whole horror movie theme you're going for by making the villan seem weak. Perhaps something like "Your firewall can't save you now!" instead? Just an idea.

Wore Vms

Oh ok, that was my question, cuz I where not sure... Maybe I should change the "any" for "no"... Should be ok that way?

Thanks for feedback!

Wore Vms

This is the second version of the poster. Thanks to Adam Emmerson for correction. If someone see any grammar error please tell me!

Wore Vms

please, tell me if u like more the yellow or the black version (black version on Version3)!

picolor

actually i like version 3 more. :)

Wore Vms

I changed the bottom text, now it says:

Movie company name, Blah blah blah: Blah blah blah - Blah blah Blah.Blah Blah blah. Trademark of Blah blah, blah blah. Secondary role actors, Blah blah blah blah music by blah blah sponsors blahblah melt your face blah blah Legal Advise blah blah blah written blahblah Blah Blah Anyway you never read this blah blah release year blah blah blah anoying text blah blah.

Thanks for feedbak, hope to submit this design tomorrow if there is no mistake in the texts.

Wore Vms

Anybody else? I need to know if the text are right before submitting (I mean if there is any mistake on how i written the texts, my language is spanish, so i have some doubts).

Thanks in advance for feedback!

BestDinosaur
BestDinosaur profile pic Alumni

You should S in "Starring" with the text box under it, you can do this by messing with the tracking in the character menu (assuming you're using photoshop). I'd also replace the "blah blah blah" with random names you can come up with. Make them something amusing that goes with the theme maybe.

Randomsyhn

I like the idea of this but the text is throwing me off. Generally teh bottom bit has a standard text. (I think it's Arial or somthing), and doesn't have any lining. Also somthings are worded a little weird. I'd use "There will be no firewall to save you this time..." just because using savior and save in the same line is repetitive and unnessary I'd also change worldwide launching to somthing more movie-ish like "worldwide premeir" or "coming soon" The idea is pretty solid I think it just neds a little work to look more movie posterish,

Wore Vms

Thanks for feedback!

BestDinosaur
BestDinosaur profile pic Alumni

Also, maybe try an old paper overlay to try and push the whole poster thing further.

SilvaArts

Take some time out and Google some movie posters. Your elements are good but formatting and placement seem amiss.

Wore Vms

Best Dino, sorry but i didnt understood what did u mean when you said that i should "S"... Thanks Silva, i´ve been doing that, but i missed some details... i will keep doing it (In fact, I learned almost all i know about design from google! xD)... And Random, thanks a lot, very useful tips!

Wore Vms

New Version. Updates: -Changed "Worldwide Launching" for "Worldwide Premiere", and changed the font. -Changed movie slogan to "There will be no firewall to save you this time..." (Thanks to Randomsyhn) -Changed bottom text for: "SOMEBODY YOU DONT KNOW AND SOME PROMO YOU DONT NEED PRESENTS IN ASSOCIATION WITH MORE PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW AN UNLIMITED PRODUCTION OF STUPID POINTLESS ANOYING MESSAGES �THE CHAINLETTER ATTACK� STARRING YOUR EMMA ILBOX AND THEFU �KING� SPAM EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS STUPID PERSONS WITH NO CLUE ON MARKETING AND NOTHING BETTER TO SPEND THEIR TIME RELEASE DATE: EVERYDAY IN EVERY MAIL ADRESS. BASED ON A TRUE STORY"

Now im working on the edges of the poster.

Also added the audience rating (General Audiences, nobody is safe)

Thanks to all for the sugestions, you where very helpful!

Please tell me if u see something that doesnt fit!

rahmad9413

perfect and cool :)

Wore Vms

Ok, i modified the texts, for more details, check V6. Hope you like it. If u see some mistake in the texts, please let me know!

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Wore Vms

Already submited!

Sbentley1

I would simplify this design a lot. I think just the "The Chainletter attack" And the letter graphic and let them do the work. The background and extra text are getting in the way of the idea. Might be nice to see a version where the chain starts at the lower corner and is much larger with no background clutter. Also might be nice to think on the concept a bit more. Who and why would people want to wear this tee? Are they spammers or people who hate the chain letters and what would it look like if it was for spammers and what would it look like if it is for people who hate chain letters. Hope that helps.

Wore Vms

I think its pretty clear that is for people who hates spam, due to fact that in the lower im refering to spammers as "Stupid people with no clue on marketing and nothing better to spend their time".

Also i considered the possibility of making it much more simple, but i decided to make it look as a horror movie poster, just to add all that text that you said is getting in the way of the idea...

The idea was to makwe something amusing, and the text are there just to make people laugh...

Anyway I already submited it, now is left to Threadless and people choices. I just can say i hope you are wrong!

Thanks for feedback! Good luck!

Wore Vms

I think its pretty clear that is for people who hates spam, due to fact that in the lower im refering to spammers as "Stupid people with no clue on marketing and nothing better to spend their time".

Also i considered the possibility of making it much more simple, but i decided to make it look as a horror movie poster, just to add all that text that you said is getting in the way of the idea...

The idea was to makwe something amusing, and the text are there just to make people laugh...

Anyway I already submited it, now is left to Threadless and people choices. I just can say i hope you are wrong!

Thanks for feedback! Good luck!

AdamGEmerson

This is a big improvement from design #3 but it feels like it is too cluttered. I understand you've already submitted it, but I would still like to see a version with just the letter (Maybe black and white?) Off centered across the shirt. I think the movie poster idea is too much for a shirt. You should try simplifying it some.

Wore Vms

I repeat, ive considered to let it just as you say in the begining, just black and white or maybe with just a light blue shade in the letter, but i decided to try this version, i think is funnier this way... Lets see what happens, if this version fails maybe i will try to do it the easy way. Good luck, and thanks for feedback.

Wore Vms

Up for voting!

Vote and comment if you like it!

Wore Vms

Up for voting!

Vote and comment if you like it!

No account?
Join Us