Close
One second...

Does anyone own a refurb ipad?

BLOG TITLE CHANGE

does anyone own a refurb ipad or ipad 2 with 3G?

how do you feel, man? how do you feeeeeeeeeel?

Watch this
xtiffany

I thought this said "does anyone want the Nexus 7?" i expected this blog to be about giving away a Nexus 7.

Boyfriend has one. He loves it. That's all I can really tell you, though. Sorry.

Chipmnk

My brother wants it. We might get it for him for his birthday coming up. That's all the noninformation I have.

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

Interesting developments here.

canceromega

I saw one once and thought it looked kewl.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

was playing with my friends for a bit. its nice, but idk if i find anything special about it. i did like the size of it compared to an ipad. its what like 200$ i think? i think its decent for the price

Maltzmania

no 3G kinda ruins it

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

what's good about it? I had to google it.

Chipmnk

It's pretty much just a solid, powerful tablet that runs on Android and is much cheaper than an iPad.

mike bautista

what does the kindle fire run on? is that a competitor?

Chipmnk

It runs like a really watered down version of Android, but from what I've heard, the usability is pretty crappy for all functions other than reading an e-book and it doesn't have the hardware to really do much of anything else.

Maltzmania

I'm realizing I need 3G or 4G. All the Gs

Omair

Man, idk anything about it, but I really want google fiber, and from what I understand, it comes with the television service. thatshitcray.jpeg

Maltzmania

let us move to kansas and read a bibles

Omair

Hold on let me ask my mum.

Maltzmania

mum say fibre

taz-pie

i didnt read this blod but wtf is nexus 7? a new startrak?

tragos

ipad mini?

taz-pie

a new ford concept car?

taz-pie

a new dr who enemy?

taz-pie

taz-pie on Sep 06 '12 at 9:01am i didnt read this blod but wtf is nexus 7? a new startrak?

and by blod i mean blug.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

I have a TI-83 calculator that's pretty sweet.

Maltzmania

i think i'm gonna get the ipad mini with 6G or something

Maltzmania

unless Amazon releases its fire with 8G

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

I thought this was like a competition or something.

Thomas Orrow

gimme free stuff!

taz-pie

i want a vagillion G's

or is that O's?

Thomas Orrow

I own a Romula Nebula pad myself. :)

Maltzmania

The thing is, I'm gonna be using this for work, so I need 3G, i realized, as I'll be on the road a decent amount.

Thomas Orrow

That's that then. Sounds like fun-a new job on the road!

Thomas Orrow

You don't want a Nexus 7 anyway, the operating system is made purely from jelly beans.

Maltzmania

that sounds sticky

Omair

what is "G"????

Omair
Omair

Maltzmania

BLOG REDO

BubbleHezza
BubbleHezza profile pic Alumni

Dunno how relevant this comment is.... but I brought my partner an IPAD2 in Dec last year, then in June of This year I sat on it...... cracked the screen.

Man was she pleased

Omair

If you have a cool apple friend, they usually drop the price for employees to purchase older versions of their products around the time that they release a new version. Or so I've heard, from a small baby angel.

Why you want 3G, BTW? I've been wanteing to get a tablet for a while, for comics/magazine read, and the iPad has some really fun drawing/art apps. But it's pretty expensive, and there's other technologies I need.

Maltzmania

Omair,

I'd like 3G because I'm starting a new job that requires me to be on the road at different places that I won't have wi-fi access to but will need an internet connection to do some things.

Maltzmania

I'm guessing the mini will be around $250 - $350, +3G or 4G = $30 - $50 per month

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I dunno I've got the ipad 2 and it's nice. I use it when I travel for work but don't have the 3G. I just use hotel wifi or the wifi in the offices I visit.

As a side note mines is not refurbished BUT I did buy it used on craigslist. It's just like new and works great. And the guy I bought it from had bought it so recently it was still within the 90day window or whatever by apple so I could transfer the warranty to my name.

Maltzmania

Hmmm thanks Pyr4lis!

Unfortunately places I"ll be traveling don't have wi-fi, it's in-state travel, no hotels, and I need it on-site!

mike bautista

mattydev is a hip cool apple worker. you can ask him about things.

also, wtf is an ipad mini? an iphone?

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

The best travel app on the ipad is the "Log Me In" thing... bascially you leave you main home or work computer on and the ipad remotely connects to it to display your work desktop and everything and it uses the computer power to do stuff and just shows the visual on the ipad. It's really nice if you have the bluetooth keyboard. I do think it would work even better with a mouse but I don't have one of those. It's really nice being able to use my computer's outlook so all my emails are backed up there... or to open an excel file or even an illustrator or photoshop file.

No account?
Join Us