did you design that shirt?" in regards to every friggen t-shirt i wear. According to my friends and family I have been printed hundreds of t

Does that ever happens to you?

You have been printed once or twice, or more and now your friends and family think that every threadlesss shirt that you wear was a design made by you. Even after you explain to them the process and that only a couple of those shirts are actually your design ( even after you give them shirts as gifts that clearly stated they were not your designs ) they still think you made them all.

I gave up trying to explain this to them....

some of them might think I am a complete Ass-cheapstake for not sharing my profits, since they think I get printed very often....

xiv on Aug 20 '12 at 7:26am "did you design that shirt?" - in regards to every friggen t-shirt i wear.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

Oh god, after I got printed my mom was always asking "did you make that shirt?". She's stopped that now though :D

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

"did you design that shirt?" - in regards to every friggen t-shirt i wear.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

xiv on Aug 20 '12 at 7:26am "did you design that shirt?" - in regards to every friggen t-shirt i wear.

Exactly

campkatie
campkatie profile pic Alumni

haha, I get the same thing! Also, after someone says something funny or clever, they say "you should make that into a shirt!"

Outlaw01

Better than what I get. 7 years of Threadless love, and I can no longer bring it up at all with family and friends lest they say

"When are they going to print YOU?"

soloyo

Outlaw01 on Aug 20 '12 at 9:51am Better than what I get. 7 years of Threadless love, and I can no longer bring it up at all with family and friends lest they say

"When are they going to print YOU?"

Tell them to vote 5 instead of Zero for your designs

just kidding. I know what you mean.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Alumni

SnakeMan
SnakeMan profile pic Alumni

"did you come up with that idea and then someone else design that shirt?" - in regards to one friggen t-shirt and a hoodie i wear.

Naolito
Naolito profile pic Alumni

azyura
azyura profile pic Alumni

soloyo

best comment ever...

Manupix

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE YET TO BE PRINTED

ibeenthere

lol!
that is funny! It happens to me with every new tee i buy...since i got printed on a different site, every time i come up to my classmates in college they ask me that...and i mean, come on...trust me, if i ever get printed on Threadless...YOU'LL KNOW! :)

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

Resistance
Resistance profile pic Alumni

I actually considered making a blog about this very same thing. Basically every single shirt I wear provokes this question. And when you own 100+ threadless shirts, that is basically every shirt I wear.

And, like Eric, I rarely, if ever, wear my own designs.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

the "did you design that" question is commonly followed up with some stupid idea that they have and "you should draw that for a shirt!"

Daviisilva

I gave up asking friends to vote on, not that I ask them to 5$$ the shit out of my subs, but they never understand it or are too lazy to vote. I get lots of 'like' instead.

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

xiv on Aug 20 '12 at 4:39pm the "did you design that" question is commonly followed up with some stupid idea that they have and "you should draw that for a shirt!"

This :)

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Manupix on Aug 20 '12 at 12:26pm xiv on Aug 20 '12 at 7:26am "did you design that shirt?" - in regards to every friggen t-shirt i wear.

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE YET TO BE PRINTED.

Bingo.

CalmMountain

Nope, right now I'm stuck at the "you mean people actually use the internet to design things? Pull the other one." stage. =F

[+duracell-]

"Heh, thats cool.. where'd you get that?" "You know threadless?" blank stare "No" "Well its this site that has an ongoing t-shirt design contest. They like print a bunch of designs every week and stuff, its pretty cool" "uh huh" eyes glaze over

1 month later

"heh, thats a funny shirt" "yeah, you know threadless? I'm pretty sure I told you about them before." "no" "K" "K" :/ :/

opifan64
opifan64 profile pic Alumni

so true, nobody that I mention Threadless to has ever heard of the site, which always surprises me a bit.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

my family asks me that every time I wear a new shirt, even though the answer has never been "yes"

kathleenisradical
kathleenisradical profile pic Alumni

ibyes on Aug 20 '12 at 5:09pm xiv on Aug 20 '12 at 4:39pm the "did you design that" question is commonly followed up with some stupid idea that they have and "you should draw that for a shirt!"

This :)

My roommate does this much too often. And because I see her everyday, she keeps asking me, "So how's my design coming along? I want half the cut, since I came up with the idea".

I can't wait for my lease to end.

soloyo

LOL ^

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

I show them what I designed and tell them that there's my name over there.

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

My mom treats me like a celebrity because I have a "shirt design on the internet computer thingy".

Bluebirdiesinger
Bluebirdiesinger profile pic Alumni

Lol- that is too funny!- Because it happens to me with just about anything that I have that has something "cute" on it- people think I made it :)

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

"oh... you do those types of designs?" - when i show someone a design that i did make.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

i have people always pitching me t-shirt ideas that they think are just SOOO hilarious but they're always pretty terrible, haha. and i'm just like "ooooh, ok well we'll see..."

soloyo

LOL ^

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Manupix on Aug 20 '12 at 12:26pm xiv on Aug 20 '12 at 7:26am "did you design that shirt?" - in regards to every friggen t-shirt i wear.

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE YET TO BE PRINTED.

Bingo.

I am in this boat.

soloyo

we need a bigger boat ^

soloyo

2 boats

one for the printed designers and one for the ones that have not even gotten printed yet.

taz-pie

i get asked at least once a month whether i have subbed again. i am getting embarrassed about my answer :/

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Ryder Revolution on Aug 21 '12 at 1:37pm i have people always pitching me t-shirt ideas that they think are just SOOO hilarious but they're always pretty terrible, haha. and i'm just like "ooooh, ok well we'll see..."

I get this from family a lot. Awkward~

taz-pie

i have a friend that wanted me to design a shirt with "meat packaging" written all over it.

i wuz lyk um ya ok...

soloyo

he he he ^

taz-pie

same dude also wanted a "man under construction" sign on a shirt.

crickets

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us