Close
One second...

***Design a logo, get 500 bucks!***WINNER!!!!

hey so the company i work for is wanting to have a new company logo designed and i instantly thought of you darling people here. There is a basic concept the owner has kinda of thought of, and of course the name would need to be incorporated. if my boss likes and wants to use one of your designs for our new logo he is willing to pay you $500.

the store is called Heinz Musitronics. its a music store that sells instruments and equipment dealing with music. it also sells PA equipment (amps, speakers, mixers, recording equipment, mics)

the basic idea he came up with is Heinz in a type font (or whatever) with Musitronics below it so that it looks like a WAV file. like wavy lines that kind of become the word "Musitronics". Feel free to ask if that doesnt make sense to you.

Original designs are also welcome, it should look professional though, not little kiddy.

the deadline for a sketch of an idea, or a final draft if you can, is Friday December 15...Anyone interested?

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE ANYONE WILL WIN. ITS NOT UP TO ME, ITS UP TO MY BOSS. BUT I WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUYS A SHOT. I PROMISE NONE OF YOUR DESIGNS WILL BE USED WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION, OR WITHOUT PAYING YOU FIRST.

And the winner is.....

Jeremy Piatt!

Congratulations Jeremy, im really glad that my boss decided to use one of your guys designs! And thanks to all you guys for giving it a shot, i really liked alot of the designs! So yeah! Way to go Threadlessbians.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
tesco

$250 upfront

PinkSabbath

by george i think youve got it steve.

no.

PinkSabbath

tesco you are one of the people i thought of when i heard about this... unfortunately he isnt looking to hire someone yet, i just said i might be able to get some designs. if someone doesnt come up with something here, he is going to hire a guy in town.

(nottabadword)

What kind of font is a type font?

morrowdays

a font.... that you type in! (clueless me)

tesco

I was sort of joking anyway. If I had lots of time to kill I might've given it a try.

label

Ill do it.. will see what I can come up these days.
:)

PinkSabbath

like next friday i think

PinkSabbath

i moreso just wanted to give you guys a chance

PinkSabbath

o and by type font i meant a typed font.... something that is sort of doric looking i guess

NatySpaghetti

after finals i could give this a try, it would help if you gave details about what the company does, what are their policys, any adjetives describing the company and what he wishes to see would be helpful, words like elegant, or cool, i dunno..oh and colours..

PinkSabbath

alright....

its a music store, we sell guitars basses, ukes, mandolins, banjos... that kind of stuff, its also a pro audio center, so we sell all kinda of PA equipment. i included a basic idea that he had and thats all he really told me... that and that he likes kind of basic colors, blacks, blues, white

adam antium

is there a deadline?

NatySpaghetti

whats the store like, i cant stop imagening wood everywhere, or white..

NatySpaghetti

and what is your boss like

PinkSabbath

yeah he said he was willing to give me a week or so to give you guys a shot... so like next friday (the 15th)

the store tailors mainly to college kids, and parents. the owner is a simple, neat guy.

PinkSabbath

come on guys! i really want one of you guys to get this, not some old guy in my town

NatySpaghetti

mm okay, maybe i asked the questions in a wrong way..what special does your boss have, whats unique about the business? why are you different from the rest?

NatySpaghetti

yea well if you want that, give more info ¬¬, ask him more stuff!!

PinkSabbath

i mean... i dont know, there isnt really much else to ask... we do instrument repairs, and sell stuff and install sound systems for people and churhces and businesses. hes really just looking for a simple, but eye catching logo to put on business cards, and letterheads and stuff.

PinkSabbath

its a small localy owned business. not a big deal, its just near the university and has been in town for a long time

PinkSabbath

thats really close to what hes looking for, but i think he wanted the wav file to actually spell out musitronics... and maybe change the background to a blue... heres a link to our website. and the current/old logo

Heinz Musitronics

mindtrance

that's just a sample you can show him, if he thinks there is potential for us to work together we can discuss further details.

derangeddaoist

can you explain what you mean when it should look like a WAV file?

PinkSabbath

like the wavy lines... that appear in a wav file when there is sound.... he wanted the wavy lines to spell out musitronics in that sort of fashion

derangeddaoist

ah, gotcha.. that's possible, but tough to make it look right and legible at the same time

we'll see...

j.ayde

ill bump you!

adsf

heres a good font someone can use to make the WAV file text.

i cant be bothered to make a logo. to much stuff to do.

lsmc88

ill take a shot at it. when do you want it by?

kaloyster

I hope this isn't just another ImJstBrndn contest.

lsmc88

i know right, haha. I dont think it is. Anyways, I still like to design logos

anyways, this is all I got

derangeddaoist

thanks, asdf. this might come in handy if i find enough time to do this

PinkSabbath

i actually really like that one man, ill be sure to show it to him

lsmc88

i sure hope this isnt a scam like that ImJstBrndn contest because I fell for that one before and it caused so much trouble

lsmc88

But thanks tho! :)

PinkSabbath

whats the ImJstBrndn one?

PinkSabbath

and i promise you this isnt a scam. if he says anythign about just using the design i wont let him. i just wanted to give you guys an opportunity to make some extra cash

lsmc88

cool. and I kinda dont want to talk about the ImJstBrndn one because the dude might come into this blog and start talking trash, but it was a while back where the guy asked people to do random stuff like design or take pictures of things and you would accumulate points for each thing. Then at the end, every 5 points counted as a raffle thing and the winners were chosen at random. I was one of the winners and we never received our prizes ever and he admitted that it was a scam just to get STPs, as that was one of the tasks in his contest.

PinkSabbath

thats really messed up. well honestly i wouldnt get anything out of this so i promise im just doing this cuz i thought it might be a neat opportunity for you guys. plus i know alot of people on this site, so they can vouch for my honesty. i would never screw you guys over. id have no where to waste time if i did that

lsmc88

Links to ImJstBrndn-ness

ONE
TWO

The actual contest blog was deleted long ago. Now, lets just change the subject please. I really do not want to hear about it anymore. Im glad you like my logo tho.

lsmc88

But yeah, do you guys sell guitars? Because my logo would be useless if you didnt, haha. Im also planning on buying a guitar so, maybe you can give me tips on which would be best to buy, as Im planning on learning to plan and have no idea where to start in buying a great guitar.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?