Close
One second...

I Just Got My Wacom...

...and the pen pressure doesn't work consistently. It did for a while. Then it stopped.
HELP????

Watch this
Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

what version?

L-M-N-O-P
L-M-N-O-P profile pic Alumni

Intuos 5. I tried the preferences trick, and it doesn't seem to work. I think I'm going to try re-installing the software, though I've done that already.

Haragos
Haragos profile pic Alumni

this got me thinking.. I was going to buy a wacom myself. I'm not Mr. Burns so I can't buy the monitor super one so what would people suggest?

L-M-N-O-P

It worked on a document that had something existing on it but not when I opened a new document. Perhaps there's something to that...

L-M-N-O-P

I've got the Medium size Intuos. Final price after bells and whistles is about $410.

skindapple

congrats on your new wacom, but sorry about your pressure issue... i use the medium wacom intuos 4 and i love it, i still have lots to learn and master that's for sure! did you have or use a pen tablet before, if so, which one?

Manupix

Photoshop brush settings?

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

is it on ps that you're getting these problems? try closing down ps and trying again. I have that problem every once in a while. though it's never jumped from responsive to unresponsive in the same sitting.

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

how's the 5, by the way? doesn't it have like swipe gestures and stuff? what do you do with that?

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

when I last had trouble with the wacom pen, it was photoshop brush settings. In an existing document the brushes were maybe already set to respond to pressure, but on a new one maybe they're not. Check the brush dynamics box (or whatever it's called) before you do anything else. I had spent ages digging for solutions and in the end it was as simple as ticking a box.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i vaguely remember having a problem with mine initially but i don't remember any details of it, let alone the solution. Sorry, that's no help at all, but I'd like to at least offer my sympathy - must be very frustrating!

Adhesive_Hippo

Manage, then under System Tools click Device Manager, you can look in there to see if anything is disabled, looks wrong, etc.

You can also run Windows Update in the start menu and click on the Check Online for Updates. I normally install all of the important updates, and the optional updates that are in italics. I doubt this would help much, but you should be running updates every now and then anyway haha.

I'm doing helpdesk at an architecture firm this summer, and we have a humongous Cintiq tablet (I'm really jealous). This is what we've done in the past when we had issues.

L-M-N-O-P

I don't have 7. I've got XP. I've been to the Shape Dynamics box, changed the settings about 100 times. I uninstalled the program. I restarted PS. Nothing's working.

One thing that's happening is that when I set it to Pen Pressure there's a small triangle box with an exclamation point. That might be a driver thing. I'm not sure where in my Program Files I need to go to delete/replace the drivers, nor where to download new drivers from the Wacom site. Links? I'm lazy.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Hmm OK. I haven't fiddled with XP in ages but if you've got SP2 then the tablet functionality might be there. Right click on Computer (on desktop, in explorer, in start menu, where ever it is) and choose Manage. Choose Services and Applications and then Services on the left hand side. Scroll down the list and see if there's something called TabletServicePen or Tablet PC Input Service. If there is, you need to edit the properties of that so it's disabled at startup. There should be also a TabletServiceWacom that should be running.

Also if your tablet stops suddenly working you can go here and restart the Wacom service. I have to do that sometimes.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

heh, I always make my husband fix my drivers etc, because lazy. But it could probably fix your issue.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

congrats on the wacom, and good luck for the pen pressure.. I had some problems in the beginning too but can't remember how I fixed that..

L-M-N-O-P

I'm away from my art-desk all day, but I'll definitely try that when I get home. Thanks, Ville.

L-M-N-O-P

I went to the place you suggested, and there was no program/service called TabletServiceWacom running. Is there a place I can initiate such a command?

I just need to get a Macbook Pro.

Morkki

If the Wacom service isn't there it sounds like the driver isn't running at all. I fought for some time to get Intuos tablets to work properly on a couple of different computers but I can't remember what it took. One thing was to completely remove any existing before installing the latest one.

L-M-N-O-P

I'm sorry to keep bothering you, and I'm extremely thankful for your help, but where do I go to delete those drivers?

Morkki

Go to Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs, search for Wacom and then remove it. Then to make sure go to C:\Documents and Settings(YourUserNameHere)\Application Data\WTablet and delete all the .dat files there. This folder may be hidden but it's there.

No account?
Join Us