• by ispman
  • posted Jun 16, 2012
  • 83 Comments

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
ispman

Please help me chose between two options. Other constructive critiques are also welcome. Thanks.

msj2109

Awesome! I like the thought bubble better. The bubble can be a little bigger in my opinion. Love the crumpled paper! Looks cool.

ispman

Thanks.

ave_maria

The second picture looks more alive,

green bamboo creates a very good contrast.

MissYY

The first one seems nice! Compared to the second one. Maybe u can replace the piece of paper with a mirror instead. Hanging on one of the bamboos

MissYY

A potential work :) goodluck

errantbreeze

I like the bottom one, though perhaps you could make paper on the bamboo a little bigger, with some of the folding instructions the panda is trying to follow (in addition to the completed design).

Threadless Fan

I liked the title. Thought bubbles look more simple, ordinary, but the whole picture is cleaner, simpler. The bamboo stick, however, adds color. May be you should really try the idea with mirror.

ispman

Thank you for all your comments.

ispman

Experimenting with colors and other options for indicating that the panda is doing origami panda. Please let me know your preferences. Other critiques are also welcome. Thanks

Threadless Fan

Too strong colors, yellow has to be milder. In this version, i like the left one - without any bamboos. Good luck.

Helen Munch

Cute! I agree that it's nice without the bamboo, the message is clearer. Maybe have the origami papers above his head in white/grey colour instead of transparent? It disappears a bit and at my first glance I thought they were diamonds. I love that the panda has the paperballs next to him telling the story about him not making it.

ispman

Color removed, Bamboo darkend, instructions reorganized. What do you think?

Threadless Fan

Folding instructions look like Chinese, which is perfectly fit to panda. If this was the problem - it is now better than thought bubble and better than bamboo stick. May be it would be better to move the panda a little bit to make her eyes in focus.

Swiftgruve

Maybe it's me, but i don't get the instructions...the look like they go from bottom to top...which is backwards.

ispman

Thank you all for the ideas and critique. This really helps me to concentrate on things that are important for design improvement. Britnic, I''l try to experiment with your proposal, looks interesting. Meanwhile some improvements till now, the panda is moved a little bit. Instructions are moved also and flipped vertically. The question mark is replaced with (...), not sure about this, but can not place the entire instruction here.

Swiftgruve

Now it makes sense (at least to me!)

CalmMountain

Ah, the hazards of origami... Nice design, good concept.

Naked ninja

Hehehe great design. I'd lessen the amount of bamboo tree to just the few behind him. But other then that I say submit. :)

If you have time could you critique my design

Netoidrovo

Hhahaah sweet!

ave_maria

Cool, your best version!!!!

dontwrite

Much better than the previous version.. Cute panda.I like it better without the bamboos in the background.

Please comment on my designs when you have the time:

Windows 101

Complete Me

High Five

msj2109

Agree with Britnik. The bamboos behind can be removed. Otherwise love it!! Great evolution!

msj2109

Bamboos behind the instructions I mean....:)

ispman

Thanks a lot for your comments. It is hard for me to remove the bamboo. Trying to reduce its brightness. Now the bamboo is the same color as the tee, only the contours are darker.

ispman

??

reekaa

It's looking great (especially with the bamboo being more subtle), but the instructions for the origami don't really fit with the rest of the scene. I prefer the final result on the bit of paper from your first version. :)

If you could take a look at my design I'd be very grateful!

ispman

Experimenting with the position of the instructions. What do you think? Left or Right? Thanks.

Threadless Fan

I liked the bamboo. If the instructions can be apart from the bamboo why not to make it back to light grey?

Nobita Nobi

I actually like it on the right. It just looks visually pleasing that way because it resonates the white of the panda and it makes a beautiful "curve" - the curve goes from the first box of the instructions to the head of the panda and on to the white of the flowers on the left. It's like it makes a gentle implied curve if its on the right. Know what i'm saying?

marianne-pet

Left for the instructions. It's more catching :) Love the idea!

CMP27

for composition purposes, the right is better because the main focus is the panda and the instructions need to be next to the panda so people can see it as a whole.

Admbrns

what if you put the instructions horizontal and below the panda? or above

Leana S.

i like the panda next to the instructions the way it is on the right, but left does seem to make more sense for readability. if you kept instructions on the left, what if you also flipped the panda so it's sitting on the left and facing right?

if you get a chance could you critique mine please?

dontwrite

I like it with the bamboo merged with the color of the shirt. I think the panda should look at the instructions with the expression of being confused. Or the instructions should be on the bottom.

Please comment on my designs when you have the time:

Windows 101

Complete Me

viograpiks

the bamboos in the background looks like they're hanging.. try to change it to a real bamboo i mean the planted ones.. good idea by the way..

If you have time, please critique my design United

Davesmile

the instructions look disconnected from the bear

if you have time, please do score mine, cheers! From Africa

ispman

Finalizing the design. The left instruction option is the default now. The panda moved to the right a little bit. The grass is reorganized. Thanks for all of your comments.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us