2. 2
  3. 3
speakerine
1 design submitted - Score now!

the suspense is killing you I know.. ahah

NCowick

X-Acto Knives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ignzed

Having now seen this, I anticipate only awesome...

Theo86

this is surely gonna be awesome!

celandinestern

my suspense levels are going through the roof!!!

jerbing33

this is gonna be awesome! (somebody has to beat that murrymullet) LOL

Manupix

Can't wait!

uglyducknyc

ah, the anticipation....

opippi

sweeeeet

Stile

This is gonna be sick!

uglyducknyc

This is really cool.

After looking closely at it, the back carriage wheel just barely overlapping the book bothers me. I would make it clearly overlap or not at all.

Title suggestions:

Book of Wonders Words take Flight

speakerine

thanks for the advices ! You're right about the carriage.. I love your titles! thanks

digsy

so awesome, i like Words take Flight as a title

uglyducknyc

a bit of perspective to some of the cut-outs could be nice.

celandinestern

Words take Flight is a great title. Also the piece is beyond amazing!!!! I feel it needs some tiny bit extra though. Could there be some very subtle swooshing effects to make it feel like those items are sort of flying out of the book rather than just floating above it? Maybe? Some additional slight shadows behind them? don't know what, but it needs just that tiny little pinch extra.

But so beautiful and creative!!!!!

speakerine

you mean some blur, like on the third picture?

celandinestern

also I agree on perspective, it would be great to see them floating in different directions slightly, and not all facing straight forward.

speakerine

ok thanks I'll do something to increase the perspective

the smooshing effect could be cool but I'm always afraid this effect add a cheap effect, we'll see.. thank you cela & uglyduck for your big last support

celandinestern

you're right, swooshing could end up looking cheap. But maybe it would be enough to just change the perspectives of things a bit. Like in the last photo where that ladder is dangling sort of off to the side, if they were all slightly like that - well some of them at least. To give more of a feel that they're in a three-dimensional space.

can't wait to see the final result :))))

uglyducknyc

Agree, I wasn't thinking of swooshing out of the book (because that would require a ton of special effects to look real).

I'm thinking more like a child's mobile above a crib or the objects in Regan's room in The Exorcist — but not too much perspective — just some subtle rotation on the larger objects to give a feeling that they're naturally floating in the air.

This is going to be great :-)

speakerine

thanks! will work on it tomorrow!!

Manz76

"Words take Flight" is a cool title but I think it's more suited to the sub if all the cut-outs where birds. imo. This makes me think of the saying "a picture speaks a thousand words." But that's a wordy title! haha.

Looks terrific!! Looking forward to seeing it subbed.

speakerine

updated! new perspective effect on the book + on the flying items..

EZFL

ANOTHER PRINT

You've been killing it with concept/execution for a while now.

Ragnampiza

That's great! I'd try add something that connect the magic of the objects flying and the book... you know, some abstract shapes, smoke, or something else... not sure it could be better,tho.

speakerine

I'll sub it soon. Thanks again for your help.. You're so nice...

celandinestern

I kinda like the dust :) it's subtle, and it gives them a more 'real' vibe.

coyote alert

This is wonderful, I like the dust.

uglyducknyc

It softens the edges a little and adds a "magical" element, so I vote yes for the dust.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?