Close
One second...

Magic: The Gathering

Hi! So a few of us super nerds here at Threadless play this great game called Magic: The Gathering. Perhaps you've heard of it? Perhaps you play? Maybe you're tapping a little Mana right now?

We got any other MTG nerds here? Furthermore, how many of you are local to Chicago? Or maybe you'll be at our meetup this year. You totally know where this is heading....

Watch this
5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

My brother and I both started playing it a few months ago. I have one red/white deck and I'm not that good.

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

I used to play, years ago. I had so many cards. I've always wanted to get back into it.

Ste7en

I loved blue, white counter decks and red/black burn decks

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

I remember when kids would bring in huge ziploc bags filled with magic cards to school

and then they got banned

Chipmnk

I used to play. My brother was really into them. I wasn't great. Whenever I played, all the mana ended up at the bottom of my deck for some reason, so by the time I could even play any monsters or do much of anything, I was dead.

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

If I had more people to play with I'd probably play a lot more. Playing the same person/deck over and over can get pretty boring fast. :(

Ste7en

I hear theres a solid online version now, but im afraid id commit too much money to the hobby all over again

nintechno
nintechno profile pic Alumni

I used to play all the time in 6th grade. On Valentine's Day, a girl wrote, "You're good at Magic."

rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

My brother and I played years ago and started playing one another a little bit recently.

JustDNB

It's been 16 years since the last time I played Magic. It was a hot and heavy but sadly brief love affair thanks in part to the glory that was Pogs.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I did play but it got too expensive and got rid of all my cards.

SJ27

"I'd tap that!"

BRB, submitting that as a t-shirt idea at nerdyshirts.

free_beer
free_beer profile pic Staff

Seriously. Magic Tourney at the Meet Up. I'm in.

BlindedByFate

My friends and I use to play MTG all the time, now we play a card game called Munchkin.

Omair

fuck dude, omma readuponnit.

i've played other card games, I'm not going to talk about that though, because it is my dark passenger. ;C

taz-pie

lol pokemon amirite

taz-pie

FUCK MAN TAZ WHY YOU GOTTA BE ALL UP IN MAH SHIT

5eth
5eth profile pic Alumni

My peak with Pokemon cards was a holographic Blastoise. I have yet to duplicate that amount of success.

Omair

it goes deeper, Taryn.

...Yugioh.

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

lolz I just sold my entire massive collection a few months ago. I was really into collecting/playing with my friends in jr high, even though I wasn't any good.

Ste7en

my friends father owned every card from every collection up until 5th edition (alpha, beta included) at least....a couple years back I heard he sold them for a lot of money. I sold mine for a few hundred dollars when I was in 10th graded.

taz-pie

Aww dang Pear, u srs?

Gedo Mazo

Sorry dude, YUGIOH FTW !

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

P.S. Munchkin on the other hand is super fun.

BlindedByFate

@ TheInfamousBaka: It is indeed!

Omair

i make no jokes here, Taryn.

This is the hardest truth I have ever admitted.

taz-pie

n_n i still love you omairpear

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

I keep finding Magic stuff though. like books and promos and a box of old rares I didn't know I had. maybe I should bring it all to Chicago next meetup and trade it for beers.

No account?
Join Us