Close
One second...

Sold Out

I am very sad about Threadless deciding to sell shirts at the Gap. One of the cool aspects of owning a threadless shirt was you had to know where to get it to get it. You couldnt just walk into a yuppie shop and buy one. Not that you can I dont think I'll be making anymore purchases here.

Will continue to hand out my zeroes, but you have gotten my last dollar threadless. I'm sure your Gap sales will well offset it. But you are a sell out now.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

i mean, theres only 26 designs at GAP... And, Threadless is a business...

I filled this jar with my sympathy for you:

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

you do give out lots of zeros

loorrrd

I really think they won't sell out every design at Gap.

jeffreyg

but in all seriousness, i don't see it as Threadless "selling out". yes, one of the unique things about Threadless is being able to get these sweet graphic tees that not really anyone knew about. great, that's awesome. but that's selfish. Threadless is a company, and in a perfect world, it would stay on Threadless. But they want to expand and share it with a larger population. More money, yes, but more exposure and reception is probably the end goal. They can't do that without partnerships. And it can't just be any partnerships, it has to be a popular label like GAP. Will I buy anything from GAP? Probably not, I can't even afford Ramen atm. But, its also exposure for the artists that come and submit everyday. Threadless is by no means a way to make a living, but instead a microcosm of the art and design world. #preach

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Threadless will now go bankrupt because you stopped buying there shirts, thus leaving all the artists out on their asses, starving, shivering around trash can fires, eating whatever the dumpster behind 7-11 offers them, showering only when God deems it appropriate to have acidic rain. Soon, they'll start sucking dick for art supplies. But the art suppliers have also taken a hit, causing prices to skyrocket, thus meaning infinite more dicks that need to be sucked.

SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!

toopersent

fuck, I used the wrong Their. I'm going to go die somewhere.

citizen rifferson
citizen rifferson profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

so..um, whats the big deal here exactly? i mean threadless was pretty big before they did a bunch of shirts with GAP anyway so i don't get what the issue is..it's not as if you can go into a gap store and buy all the shirts you can get from this site anyway.

Chipmnk

I was prepared to come in here and say "There's a button that allows you to request a reprint of a shirt that's sold out."

But nevermind.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

I remember when christmas was cool, then everyone started to celebrate it. I'm done with christmas.

toopersent

Me toooo Alvin. Dispointed twinsies!

toopersent

I think he meant Threadless has cold snout.

jeffreyg

lmao

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I used to think the GAP was a yuppie sell-out.

When I was in high school.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

do you even read the blogs at all?? or even threadless' posts? Seriously? Or do you just bitch first?

The designs that Gap printed are JUST FOR GAP and not sold here. And in all honesty the design printed for Gap are for the most part more generic looking stuff that probably would not have printed for regular threadless comp

The "Threadless" stuff is still for sale at just threadless and their retail store. Although they've allowed smaller retail boutiques and web stores to carry their stuff for years... these smaller places never have a great selection though just whatever stock they bought.

So yeah there really is NO difference with what they're doing now than if Gap just did those designs themselves since the designs are exclusive to Gap. The ONLY difference is that there is new exposure for Threadless... the opportunity to make some money and help the artists get more exposure. Do you think the people who submit to Threadless are amatures? Some are.. some do it for the fun.. but MANY of them are professional artists and exposure like this is great for their resume and portfolio.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Hipster problems

toopersent

Those fuckers at Threadless. All they do is fold trout.

Chipmnk

When was Gap ever for Yuppies?

Morkki

Also,

Will continue to hand out my zeroes, but you have gotten my last dollar threadless.

has scored 119,957 submissions, giving an average score of 0.13

Man, you need a hobby. Like crocheting. Or masturbating.

Morkki

Chipmnk on Mar 01 '12 at 11:47am When was Gap ever for Yuppies?

I don't think I've seen the word even used after 1991

toopersent

Chipmnk on Mar 01 '12 at 11:47am When was Gap ever for Yuppies?

I believe the propper term is Guppies.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Will continue to hand out my zeroes, but you have gotten my last dollar threadless.

has scored 119,957 submissions, giving an average score of 0.13

Good riddance.

quick-brown-fox

Think of the alternative to what's happening now. Threadless is less successful, they release two shirts a week, only on white, printed in one colour. Prize money is $200 and everyone laughs at you for wearing a shitty white see through shirt.

shirtflirt

not sure about yuppies, but GAP is synonymous with caucasian in my mind. GAP is capitalized to show the importance of that gap, between the white gap lifestyle and them. mwhahaha

shirtflirt

and i like how this dude isn't allowed to have an opinion but since he did, it's immediately ridiculed. i love our communal mob.

shirtflirt

haha qbf....that's definitely teh only alternative out there isn't it? ;)

jeffreyg

shirt just wants seethrough shirts to show off his abs

shirtflirt

hips and nips make it sexy!!!

shirtflirt

but seriously when is under armour and threadless partnering up?????????

SF Designs

This post gets a BIG fat ZERO!

quick-brown-fox

I don't really know the perception of gap in the U.S. In the U.K., certainly in my experience, it sells a lot of kids stuff, a bit of guys stuff, chinos and the like. It's certainly not exclusive in any way, maybe a bit overpriced, but not much.

I just feel happy for Jake and the rest of Threadless that they are reaping the success of over 20 years of hard work. Especially in these times of economic instability.

Morkki

toopersent

shirtflirt on Mar 01 '12 at 12:00pm and i like how this dude isn't allowed to have an opinion but since he did, it's immediately ridiculed. i love our communal mob.

Nobody outlawed him from having his opinion, though someone probably should have BECAUSE IT IS STUPID.

Twiggyhall

I was prepared to come in here and say "There's a button that allows you to request a reprint of a shirt that's sold out."

But nevermind.

AND

I believe the proper term is Guppies.

lol

shirtflirt

i guess so, toopersent. as long as there's a majority who think so then it has to be true.

Morkki

Opinions are allowed. Opinions about opinions are allowed. Etc.

taz-pie

Chipmnk on Mar 01 '12 at 11:31am I was prepared to come in here and say "There's a button that allows you to request a reprint of a shirt that's sold out."

But nevermind.

THIS. because i am feeling so darn helpful today.

toopersent

shirtflirt on Mar 01 '12 at 2:13pm i guess so, toopersent. as long as there's a majority who think so then it has to be true.

Power in numbers, Majority rules. They are cliches for a reason.

shirtflirt

cliche's about "democracy" maybe

toopersent

No, I'd say they are applicable to society in general.

shirtflirt

so then why doesn't the 99% have power over the 1 %?

Johnny Baboon
Johnny Baboon profile pic Alumni

tar and feather him. don't question threadless ever. EVER.

toopersent

Becuase the 1% has the majority of the money. And Money = Power. I wasn't simply referring to headcount.

Though, interestingly enough, majority can refer to headcount. The Bolshevik revolution is a pretty great example of headcount overpowering bank account.

shirtflirt

but if a minority owns a majority of the money, then technically, it's the minority that is in power, and the minority is ruling. money doesn't do anything on it's own so i'm not sure how that is creeping it's way into this discusssion, other than trying to give more credit to your assumption, which i don't think it does.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

shirtflirt

cactus pirate jr :(

Morkki

jesus fuck, guys

If you are going to derail a blog you could at least do it with fart jokes. This isn't Youtube

shirtflirt

fart jokes are so meta, so dated

Morkki

even the 1% farts

shirtflirt

i just farted

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us