Close
One second...

T.H.R.E.A.D.L.E.S.S. epic collab - VOTEVOTEVOTE!!!!!!

UPDATE 4-24-12
SHE'S SUBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for making this happen. Thanks to Bort for his kick ass flash skills.. way to go peeps. I think this shirt is just plain bitchin.

UPDATE 4-21-12 GO TO CHECKOUTMYGRANDPA and vote on the plethora of layout and color options. DO IT - let your voice be heard so I can get the final file all done YAY!

UPDATE 4-20-12
FINAL FILES ARE IN - so tongiht I am making the final sticker composition. We have an awesome option with quick brown fox's title work and Bortwein's "Ring" option. I am going to host all the options and a slideshow of all the wrestlers at checkoutmygrandpa.com - along with polls for people to vote on their favorite composition and color for the final submission. I am not dragging my feet.. 52 is alot of luchadors david....

UPDATE 4-18-12 - submissions are CLOSED - take a look at the most recent posts for mocks and color schemes. GIVE FEEDBACK - final count 51 participants, 52 luchadors YAY

UPDATE 4-15-12
so on page 8 of this blog there are some early previews of the design and shirt. please give some feedback on what you think works / doesn't work. Also keep an eye on this blog for some final discussion making on the submission. It is pretty much past the point of no return for submitting luchadors BUT if you get it to me I may be able to squeeze you in.. but no guarantee. FINAL TOTAL OF PARTICIPANTS 49 - total of luchadors 50!!

UPDATE 4-9-12
I am putting together the file.. gonna take some time so there is still time to send me your wrestler. I will post some options as far as layout and such as I get them ready. thanks so much to everyone who has participated! the shirt is going to be rad

UPDATE 4-7-12
we have a ton of amazing wrestler/strongmen/luchadors! and with this being the holiday weekend I am not going to really progress on the final shirt till mon-tuesday so if you haven't sent me your files you have some more days here. DRAW DRAW DRAW

and to those who have gone through the effort to participate and send me your awesomeness - THANKS YOU RULE!

UPDATE: 3-30-12
33 participants subbed so far - deadline is extended a week to allow folks who are lagging to get their files in. I will be emailing you guys directly to see if I can help in any way :)

SO far everyone's files are freaking RAD so pats on the back all around

UPDATE - 3-4-12:
rock and roll with subbing luchadors / muscle men. scroll through the blog below to see some already submitted to get an idea what other people are doing. Feel free to email me if you wanna bounce ideas etc.

as I get your files I will email you back letting you know i received them and all is set - I will also mark your name below in the participation list as FILE RECEIVED. Also make sure and post it to this blog so everyone can see.

SO this is where we are with the color set use WHITE as a ninth color because it is our shirt color
Please suggest any and all changes to the colors. But also proceed with your luchador and if there are slight adjustments I will just adjust the files I have already received, I don't want color indecision to hold up production. If you have a better idea for a better brown or pink please let me know send me a value and we can try it out on some of the already subbed guys.

thoughts? this is real quick and not set in stone - I am posting to also look at on different monitors now is the time to say "that color looks like ass!"

thanks in advance

sorry for the delay, I got tied up with stuff.

Anyhow I was getting the itch to do a massive collab like the monster mob (I think 4 years is a nice hiatus to recoup and regroup)

We learned alot with the mob and I was thinking last night what would make an good theme that would work with a bunch of people drawing things for a single shirt - MM worked cause there were so many that it had this crazy monster collage / sticker sheet vibe to it.

Anyhow it came to me LUCHA LIBRE!!!

remember those little pink wrestlers

how fun would it to draw a little badass luchador wrestlers to go on a shirt - make him a classic masked muscle man. Or even go wacky with 8 arms. but a consistent theme and color set (ii will geet a color pallet posted as soon as I can) is there anything easier and funner to draw?? I don't think so

It also opens up the ability to do mini collabs within the shirt (like two or three pairing up for a little smackdown or tag team action)

anyhow - overall a similar aesthetic to the MM where there are just a ton of little guys all over the shirt. So it would need quite a bit of participation.

Some other ideas:
- If you do not have the ability to process and color your wrestler then just email it to me (scan or really good photo) and I will do it for you
- With monster mob we all got shirts, which was cool (when it printed the prize was divided up and threadless gave us all gift certificates) But I was thinking if it gets printed, it would be cool to just donate the prize in total to the bloggerraiser.

GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS, good idea? Bad idea, bacon and eggs idea?

PARTICIPATORS

HEROES ON THE SHIRT (If you are on this list then you rule and deserve a pat on the back/ high five)
pyr4lis FILE RECEIVED CHECK
RicoMambo FILE RECEIVED CHECK
mike bautista FILE RECEIVED CHECK
isaboa FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Little Joe - FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Sally Kaye - FILE RECEIVED CHECK
bortwein FILE RECEIVED CHECK
iPear FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Musarter FILE RECEIVED CHECK
mitchloidolt FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Morkki FILE RECEIVED CHECK
citizen rifferson FILE RECEIVED CHECK
walmazan FILE RECEIVED CHECK
FlyingMonkeyMan FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Resistance FILE RECEIVED CHECK
myteemo FILE RECEIVED CHECK
nickv47 FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Goto75 FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Adhesive Hippo FILE RECEIVED CHECK
0Jim0 FILE RECEIVED CHECK
sweet n sour FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Farnell FILE RECEIVED CHECK
TheInfamousBaka FILE RECEIVED CHECK
eQuivalent FILE RECEIVED CHECK
sayahelmi FILE RECEIVED CHECK
lunchboxbrain FILE RECEIVED CHECK
ahmad ifan rofiyandi FILE RECEIVED CHECK
agrimony FILE RECEIVED CHECK
badbasilisk FILE RECEIVED CHECK
quick brown fox FILE RECEIVED CHECK
speakerine FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Lahar FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Thomas Orrow FILE RECEIVED CHECK
ivanrodero FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Anything Goes FILE RECEIVED CHECK
craquehaus FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Tony_Centeno FILE RECEIVED CHECK
i e a FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Haragos FILE RECEIVED CHECK
ArTrOcItY FILE RECEIVED CHECK
rompetelcuero FILE RECEIVED CHECK
bottleHeD FILE RECEIVED CHECK
italiux FILE RECEIVED CHECK
loorrrd FILE RECEIVED CHECK
palitosci FILE RECEIVED CHECK
radiomode FILE RECEIVED CHECK
nyenyerejunior FILE RECEIVED CHECK
bykai FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Raulio FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Bio_bot_9000 FILE RECEIVED CHECK
Carbo run FILE RECEIVED CHECK

Not on the shirt - no file received... if you sent it email me NOW if not then send it, if nothing to send then draw it and send it.
troopersent
Generic Human
shirtflirt
coyote alert
Twiggyhall
Ryder Revolution
biotwist
fuloprichard
martiandrivein
WarDrobeInSpareOom
valorandvellum
Jake Friedman
duracell
sonmi
moulin bleu
Andreas Mohacsy
jeffreyg
alexmdc
agerstrand
reags
dampa
dandingeroz
Katiedidart
Nigil
Bramish
spacesick
FRICKINAWESOME
viralVISUAL
SoldierofGondor
wullagaru
Goldendust
fikri
cARtOoNer

PROJECT DETAILS
- see color swatch. the colors are listed with their RGB values so you can just plug them into photoshop or illustrator.
- keep your lines bold because your dude may end up small (not crazy bold or anything)
- Tentative deadline is April 1 to get all the luchadors. If everyone gets them to me sooner, we can get this subbed sooner.
- There are a lot of people participating so don't feel stressed about making a work of art. Make it clear and simple and fun. So far all that have been sent it fit the idea perfectly so look at what we have so far to get an idea.
- any thing that i have left out feel free to point out or ask below or email me and I will promptly reply.

Files need to be in a format, any format really - and emailed to JOE at ANTIQUATEDPRESS.COM

If you can just draw something on a napkin and email it to me, I will make it work.

QUESTIONS: post here or email me, whatever works

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 12
rossmat8
rossmat8 profile pic Alumni

Stays tuned looks at youtube video of Jessica Simpson in daisy dukes a couple more times

BurritoGoblin
BurritoGoblin profile pic Alumni

you just wanted to silence the idea that Cooter is as Duke as a real Duke.

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

Is this a blog about the future..................of this blog?

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

A single tear was shed

ISABOA

also

after some thought

I am fine with cooter being a true duke of hazard county

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

pitches a tent....inside a tent

*then is all like....I hope nobody seems me pitching tents like it's tentception 2012 up in hurr *

Coast is clear.

Generic Human

I. Love. Luchadors.

I am so excited.

ISABOA

awesome generic human!

SHIRT - YOU GOTTA DO THIS, you can do it, It can be a little existential luchador

Trooper - I am going to take that as a "yes I am doing this"

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

sounds like fun.

RicoMambo
RicoMambo profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

i could do one in some action, but no time to collab, so if You want me:) im in

ISABOA

I am putting you down lori

RICO!!! hell yes

toopersent
toopersent profile pic Alumni

Yes. Yes. "I am doing this."

ISABOA

^5 :D

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

oh man I'm in I think.

ISABOA

yeah! mike! yeah!

ISABOA

now it's a party

awesome coyote!

shirtflirt

"YES I AM DOING THIS"

RicoMambo
1 design submitted -

Ok, i am at work now, back up is 2 hours so i have time now:) questions... realistic or caricature, static pose or in actions?

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

This could be fun. I had a ton of those little M.U.S.C.L.E. guys/creatures. I even had the Battle Ring.

RicoMambo
1 design submitted -

ok, now i can se pictures, lol, my comp at work is little slow...

Twiggyhall

I should do this. I haven't made any Threadless-type art in many, many moons.

ISABOA

AWESOME BORT - I had a ton of the figures but never even seen the ring

My dog used to love to chew on them

Rico - however you like, I am sure many will be just standing there in an awesome pose - but at the same time a leaping or punching or kicking guy would be great for composition and action reasons.

whatever you wanna do! the only real restrictions are that they are going to be pretty small on the shirt (depending on participation level between 2"square and 3" square I am assuming) and a color limitation - I will post a pallet with 5 colors at some point today

ISABOA

I am marking you down twiggy - you are locked in, no turning back

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

count me in :)

ISABOA

I messed that up - sounds good ryder!

Generic Human

Can we have them grabbing onto the actual shirt? Like he's climbing getting ready to body slam the person beneath him?

ISABOA

great idea generic, whatever you want. I am thinking a white shirt so that might help

but if you guys have any better ideas (on shirt color.. I thought white with pretty vibrant colors for the 5 (we are limited to 5 cause more than likely this will be an oversize print)

Omair

I like this a lot. I would like to try and be in this. Tell me more.

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

I used to have a small collection of M.U.S.C.L.E men, including the 8-armed bloke. You can count me in as long as there is a decent deadline.

Twiggyhall

hahahaha! Alright! Locked & loaded.

I know about being loaded. wink

ISABOA

yay OMAIR!!!

musarter - if by decent deadline you mean plenty of time? YES there is no deadline yet because this is early in the whole process but we will ultimately set a deadline flexible enough for even the most liberal lazypants

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

Did you just call me a most liberal lazypants? If so, by all means count me in.

biotwist
biotwist profile pic Alumni

can i get in on this? i was actually trained how to wrestle by a luchadore and can do alsorts of whacky stuff

ISABOA

it would not be the same without you biotwist

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

2 things... that tent gif is creeping my out, and 2, maybe this will get me off my lazy butt and actually draw something, I'm in.

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Sounds awesome! Sign me up!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

I reckon I can draw a rassler too

walmazan
walmazan profile pic Alumni

Me me me, please!

Jake Friedman

I'm so down. I got like 5 of those guys every time I went to the dentist, and I went to the dentist way more than the average kid.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ... 12
No account?